Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Blood Moon By OLIVIA EZEANI (part 3 And Final Part) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blood Moon By OLIVIA EZEANI (part 3 And Final Part) (366 Views)

Blood Moon By OLIVIA Ezeani (part 2) / Blood Moon By OLIVIA EZEANI (part 1) / In Biafra Africa Died By Emefiena Ezeani - PDF Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blood Moon By OLIVIA EZEANI (part 3 And Final Part) by oliviablog(f): 10:24am On Feb 13, 2023
At about 8am we heard a knock at the door, I rushed to open it believing it is Chibuike, even my parents were expectant, they were just looking at the door and mom was alerted. But when I opened it, it was a police officer that was knocking. Dad had called them earlier because of Chibuike. Immediately mom noticed that it wasn't her son, she sighed and remained sober. I greeted the police officer, dad came to the door to speak with him. I stood close by, the police officer was assuring my dad that Chibuike will return home because there weren't any case of someone reported injured because of the ravage that took place last night.
Then why isn't he home yet? Mom wept.
I didn't know she was also listening, so her wailing came as a surprise, and I was startled. The police officer didn't say much, he told dad that he will be going, and they will continue the search for Chibuike, hopefully he will come home very soon. Dad left the door opened, and I had to close it. Since last night I was trying to console mom, but it seems she didn't want any of it. It was only dad that was with her all through, I was there too, but it was as if I wasn't there. Few minutes later two neighbours came in with the same police officer who had left minutes ago. The two women sat close to my mum on the chair and started encouraging her. The Police officer came close to dad and asked to see him outside, I went with them, the police officer didn't object even if he asked to see just dad. The police officer was leading us to the police van. Then he started asking questions, he asked if Chibuike told us where he was going before leaving. Dad looked at me, expecting me to reply.
Yeee....ssss I stammered, the police officer now concentrated on me to give him more information. He said he was going to the church and then to Uche's house after that.
Oh? That's his name, the police officer muttered under his breath.
Did you say something, Dad enquired?
Looking at the police officer, he clearly appeared like he wanted to say something, but was hesitating to do so.
Mr. Benjamin, I don't want you to be taken aback by what am about to show you, then he beckoned on the other police officer to open the door of the van. At this point my heart started racing, immediately the door was open I saw a foot I recognized so well.

That's your son, the police officer said quietly”. Tears rolled down dad's cheek, I have never seen my dad crying. I was touched, but then there were no tears on my eyes.
I came closer, saw Chibuike's body lying lifelessly. I touched his feet, it was so cold. I didn't believe he was Chibuike. I felt goose bumps run through my spine, all of a sudden I started feeling hot. Truly at that time I wasn't crying but I felt like I was totally in a different world. I overtly felt numb.
This can't be true, I kept on saying'
Never can I believe that my brother will die now, and the time he went to the church would be the last time he would smile at me. When I touched his shirt I noticed there were no signs of injury as I had expected. I thought the ravage last night killed him but then I saw stains of blood on his shirt, then I also noticed they were bullets. One was on his chest then the other on his forehead.
My brother was shot, I screamed. I fell to the floor, and moments we spent together flashed through my brain. I remembered the time I turned yesterday and realized he had already reached the police station.
Dad came back to reality and started asking questions. Why was he shot and how come?
We can't say for now, we just found his lifeless body”.
Was it at the church? “Dad asked”. The police officer shook his head and said it was at his friend's house.
Then where is his friend, where is Uche? Hurry and get him to explain what happened.
The police officer was quiet, then he said Uche is nowhere to be found. “It was a planned murder”. I didn't know when I started rolling on the floor crying. At that time neighbours rushed to the scene to know why I was crying.

www.Facebook.com/Ezeaniolivia
Re: Blood Moon By OLIVIA EZEANI (part 3 And Final Part) by Worldhopper: 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
No... It can't end like this. Tell me there's an epilogue with a twist.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Romance Writers! / Sugar Girl: One Of My Favorite Childhood Novels / Hello There!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.