Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No (1086 Views)

End Of Progressive Politics: Tinubu Plays Garrison Politics - Lukman To Fubara / El-rufai Wants To Be Vice President - Arewa Youths / Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
<snip>
He said in Hausa....

"Now that you've gotten to this age you should thank God and allow others take over because your strength is gone. That's how I see it but some people don't agree. Even the Asiwaju refused to listen, we've been arguing about it. Even two days ago that we sat together we continued to argue with him about it....."

Watch the video from Reno Omokri's own YouTube channel, with translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PjkWw5sFM
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Let someone else that knows Hausa watch the video and confirm my interpretation in their own sentence.

It has been translated to English in the video so you can watch.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Robinmido(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
They'll still say na doctored video. Foolish people

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Robinmido:

This is a video from the Horse's mouth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Robinmido(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Bro calm down you will see na
LocalStandard1:

This is a video from the Horse's mouth.
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Robinmido:
Bro calm down you will see na

I hear Hausa well well, I don't think anyone in his right senses will watch this video and still argue. I doubt it!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by naptu2: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Here's a link to the longer video by El-Rufai. The screenshots are below. https://twitter.com/InsideKaduna_/status/1593970118765477894

naptu2:
Back in January this year I wrote about a trick that propagandists and spin doctors use. Someone has deployed that trick many times in the past 24 hours. I'm suspecting that whoever it is has something to do with the PDP because I saw the first video in a PDP group and the second video is being circulated by PDP handles.

The trick

As I wrote here (https://www.nairaland.com/822196/it-begins-me/432#109513316) the propagandist might post a still photo and provide an interpretation of what was happening when the photo was taken, or he might post a very short video which provides no context. Basically, you don't know what happened before or after the picture was taken and so you might interpret it wrongly because you don't know the context.

The first video

Bola Tinubu was reading the protocol part of his speech (where he recognises VIPs at the event) and he recognised the presence of the DG of his campaign organisation, Governor Simon Bako Lalong of Plateau State. He praised Lalong for organising good campaign events and said that it shows what can be achieved when technology is applied. He said that they were at a proper town hall meeting, not like the "Bala blu, blu blu, bulaba" that others were organising.

They posted a short video on that Whatsapp group and it only showed Tinubu saying, "Bala blu, blu blu, bulaba". It didn't provide the context of what he was saying. They then used this as an example to show that Tinubu has a mental illness.

Here's the full video. The remark begins at the 3 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLc_LT_AE5s

Second video

Right now they are circulating a very short version of an old video that has gone viral. In this particular case, both the public and private sides of the video went viral almost a month ago and I think I posted about it on this thread.

They have posted a video of El-Rufai speaking in Hausa Language. They claim that El-Rufai is saying that Bola Tinubu is too old and tired to run for president and that he should rest. They claim that he said that he told Tinubu this, but Tinubu refused to accept it.

What El-Rufai was actually saying (if you see the longer video) was that he was tired and wanted to rest. He said that he didn't want to hold any positions any more and that he told Bola Tinubu this after the primaries, but Tinubu refused to accept it. El-Rufai said that he has a lot of (younger) mentees who are capable of holding any positions and they should give the positions to his mentees instead.

That was the private side of the video and what El-Rufai said there played out in public in the video below. When Bola Tinubu finished his speech, he said that he was not going to leave the stage until El-Rufai promised that he would stay back in Nigeria (after his term as governor) to serve the nation. El-Rufai had to promise that he would serve, but he said that it could be part time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSBh96rtOlo

1 Share

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Newton2024: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Robinmido:
Or they will say it is an old video. I don't know the difference between old and new vedio. Tinubu's surpporters are below human in reasoning.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by BenedictAbajue(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
If this man go die there na only God go save us from Shettima

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by PeterObi4LP: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Some zombies and urchins knows Tinubu is weak and seriously sick but tribalism and hatred for the SE won't allow them reason with their brain. If Tinubu apply as a gateman in urchins house,company or factories, I'm sure they won't even interview him let alone shortlisted his name. So why the wickedness of pushing Tinubu to contest in other to hurt over 200m Nigerians?

#wecan'tcontinuelikethis

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
naptu2:
Here's a link to the longer video by El-Rufai. The screenshots are below. https://twitter.com/InsideKaduna_/status/1593970118765477894

Heaven!!! So you still find a way to argue this video? Then where is the original longer one?

We're really in trouble in this country!
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Newton2024: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
If not for Islamic terrorism, El-Rufai would have been a good man. The Ethnic and Religion dwarf of a bigot is a little bit sincere.
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by PrinceOfLagos: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
Hehehehe
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by PrinceOfLagos: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by dustmalik: 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by naptu2: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Heaven!!! So you still find a way to argue this video? Then where is the original longer one?

We're really in trouble in this country!

The link is right there on my post. In fact, it's in the first sentence.
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2023
naptu2:

You are a fraud my friend. I just watched your video and even that one is just over a minute long, and I can still translate that one for you word for word. That video is definitely a lamentation about Tinubu and his many woes even the one you posted.

But you said if truly he, El'rufai, doesn't want appointments why did Tinubu take him to the Chatham house for Tinubu's own debate and dishing him questions ment for himself?

Make unna dey fear God oh? There are more than 200 million people in Nigeria and this is who you're rooting for?
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
naptu2:

The link is right there on my post. In fact, it's in the first sentence.

Your your video is even shorter than mine. Your video says completely different thing from mine, yours is a different topic entirely.

Na so unna want punish Nigeria? What did we do to you people? How did more than 200 million people offend you? cry cry
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Is there any other person here that hears Hausa? Please help us translate it in your own sentence.
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by descarado: 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Your your video is even shorter than mine. Your video says completely different thing from mine, yours is a different topic entirely.

Na so unna want punish Nigeria? What did we do to you people? How did more than 200 million people offend you? cry cry
You don't know that guy.
You maybe new here.
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Lanretoye(m): 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
If this man go die there na only God go save us from Shettima
the way they said buhari is sick he has died,he don complete 8years. Them don start with tinubu is sick,he will die...before una eye go clear,tinubu will be president and will hand over to another northerner after 8years.as a matter of fact,you people will be enjoying another 16years of wailing and sorrow.una mumu na classified
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by LocalStandard1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2023
descarado:

You don't know that guy.
You maybe new here.

I've been here for almost a decade. His twisting of obvious truth is surprising cause I thought he was unbiased and neutral.

His weak defense is very shocking. Even Naptu2? Wonderful!!
Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Ofunaofu: 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Come February 25th, Nigerians will retire him unceremoniously

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Wants To Retire From Politics; Tinubu Says No by Seun(m): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
The video clip was taken out of context deliberately. He wasn't saying that Tinubu was too old but that he (El Rufai) was ready to retire. Locked.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1)

Press Release Labour Party Of Nigeria Ondo State Chapter / Buhari, Emefiele Will Both Expire After Saturday’s Election--oshiomole / Please Who Have Bayelsa Final Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.