Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again (21702 Views)

Buhari & Emefiele Chat With Tinubu On Eve Of Swearing-In (Throwback Photo) / Naira Redesign: Buhari In A Meeting With Emefiele, Governors / Naira Redesign: Buhari Accuses Banks Of ‘Greed’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by ufotunang: 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
Use CBN governor and president.... nigerians are still confused concerning the old naira notes whether its: a legal tender...no official news about it
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by ufuosman(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2023
Let dem do the needful
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by MN07: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Babastrong:
E don clear for zombidiots' eyes now say na masses go suffer am. No be Tinubu or any politicians. Zombies can't see pass their nose.
O YA ZOMBIES!
YOUR FOOD DON READY.
If you bring trouble, you go receive wahala here.

How is this the fault of Obidients or Peter Obi please explain?
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by jahsharon: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
triple996:
Abeg ..buhari should deal with dat man.
Nigerians are suffering

Igbos are happy with Emefiele as long as they think Tinubu will not get money to do election as if Tinubu is poor like their parents.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by FireUpNow(m): 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Sai PMB just live redesign of the naira notes he did it in 1984 and again in 2023. Their meeting will be fruitless as they are so incompetent.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by muykem: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
goodyvin02:
I don’t really understand what’s going on, did banks intentionally held the cash so the policy won’t work (banks and politicians working hand in hand to frustrate CBN).
Did CBN not print enough money, if it was planed properly then there should be a solution to this problem, on another note something we don’t know about might be going on…..
CBN did print less than 10% of old notes withdraw from circulation.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by Bkdson2121: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2023
triple996:
Nigerians are suffering

Buhari himself is a problem, how would he deals with a problem higher than him?
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by imagrg(m): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
This Cashless thing cannot work in Nigeria where more than 70% of Nigerians are not IT oriented.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by Tonytonex(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
yesloaded:
Repetition of 1984 events grin

Sai Baba

Honestly, history supposed to be compulsory subject for every secondary school students right from JSS 1 till SSS 3
the problem with the majority of Nigerians be say, dem no dey read.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by Satazaa: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
goodyvin02:
I don’t really understand what’s going on, did banks intentionally held the cash so the policy won’t work (banks and politicians working hand in hand to frustrate CBN).
Did CBN not print enough money, if it was planed properly then there should be a solution to this problem, on another note something we don’t know about might be going on…..
they didn't envisage the level of market and populace inefficiencies in accepting and coping with the scheme, albeit they were just looking at the politicians and the criminal elements they were targeting, even if that's true, the timing is horrible and suspect, those buffons are actually baying and working us up for civil unrest and probably just to test the waters then maybe declare a state of emergency or regime postponement, if not the cbn who are the primary custodian of banking data do knows that it's only 34% of it's population that are banked while 66% are not and you come out with a policy for monetary swap in just three months? dunno what those guys are smoking over there, cos they are not as dumb as we think undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by drlateef: 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
WibusJaga:

A vote for APC /Tinubu is a vote for your Suffering & Smiling to continue. smiley

You are a liar. If Tinubu is a failure you won’t be running to Lagos from the hell hole of your state.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by goodyvin02(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2023
muykem:
CBN did print less than 10% of old notes withdraw from circulation.
Then the scarcity is intentional…

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by goodyvin02(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Did you not hear when the CBN said they didn't have enough paper notes to print the new Naira?
Or can banks hide what they don't have?
Who knows, this is Nigeria where anything is possible
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by goodyvin02(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
SamuelAnyawu:

The cash distributed hasn't matched up to 30% of the old notes withdrawn

Then I can say it was premeditated and intentional

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by oyeb15: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cbn hoard d new notes themselves. They knew d commercial banks will easily keep them for d politicians. The little d commercial banks could lay hands on ,they keep for d politicians and money buyers.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by starstaz(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
2mch:
Buhari has a lot of skeletons in his cupboard and is afraid Tinubu will not spare the criminals he surrounds himself with. Which might expose him for how he destroyed the country. This is all in self interest. Someone that gained from vote buying all of a sudden is forming saint. Very funny.

Abi oooo. I just dey Laugh. D man wanna cover his integrity Pooh!
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by maasoap(m): 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
These two most useless and worthless people on earth at it again! Meetings without known outcomes, more like secret meetings.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by maasoap(m): 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
IamNat:
Emefiele and Buhari under serious pressure from politicians.

But the truth is, the common man is feeling the heat of the battle among the politicians.
Politics kil u dia. May be politicians feel more heat than the masses queuing at ATM centers on daily basis.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by Elidrisy20: 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
MrColdsweat:
God bless emefiele....
you well soo ?
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by entrep88: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-buhari-emefiele-meet-again/

Soft landing package, Emiefele is a goner, he will resign under 24hours quote me later
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by maasoap(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
somehow:

The common man doesn't need saving in Nigeria, so I hope the CBN is going to release enough new notes so that the same common man can stay poor eating from hand to mouth in the next 8 years.

I guess you are still under the spell and illusion that they're doing you a favour grin grin grin.
Is Buhari himself not a vote buyer? Even Emefiele as CBN governor purchased APC presidential form for 100 million naira. Emefiele and Buhari can't give what they don't have, wake up

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by maasoap(m): 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
faceland:
Banks are still accepting old notes so I have started accepting it too.

Guess what? Once you start accepting old notes, they would bring only Old Notes and sales would double.... If you only accept new notes, they bring only new notes and transfer but sales reduce... I don't know why Nigerians still have so much new notes and are hiding every new notes that cross their paths (if they can afford to do so).

The policy is failing. Not surprising from the incompetent Buhari administration.

When something is made scarce, this is what happens. Few notes released by CBN are nowhere to be found anymore, it is old notes everywhere now.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by Rufai1314(m): 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
The worst president and worst cbn governor in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by donmik: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
triple996:
Nigerians are suffering

You seem to talk like one sentimentalist.
Is it not the Buhari that tells him what to do and he is doing it?
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by commoditiesnig: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
engrfaruq:
Olodo CBN Governor.. Many currency redesigns happened in my lifetime amd they were all seamless, but this olodo man is giving us hell just to change the color of some of the notes.
I tell you bro.

This is the first time Nigerians are feeling EFFECT of a common currency change.

Never in the world I think this nonsense has ever happened.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by NorthernSerene(m): 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2023
triple996:
Nigerians are suffering
Now President Buhari is a saint, right?😂
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by triple996(m): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
NorthernSerene:
Now President Buhari is a saint, right?😂
Buhari Is no saint bt this emefiele no try at all
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by triple996(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
donmik:

You seem to talk like one sentimentalist.
Is it not the Buhari that tells him what to do and he is doing it?
Emefiele is doing a very bad job
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by Oloogunebi3: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
To me, Emefiele is pursuing A-NOT-SO-HIDDEN AGENDA. And to any discerning mind, it is made glaring by the caliber of people, weeks ago, who were pummeling the federal government left, right and center. But suddenly have turned to the mouthpiece of the so called cabal in Aso rock. But the million dollars question is this, at whose expense is Emefiele and his cohorts going to fight this battle of attrition. I went to banks today, just to transfer money from one account to another, only to meet disappointments throughout. It is either "YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE OR OUT OF SERVICE WILL RESUME SHORTLY" I got to a bank where I met some elderly people lying helplessly across my path to the ATM machine. I courteously asked them to more aside, so that I won't have to walk over them. While some wee able to move slightly aside, an elderly man made a gesture to me to just walk over him because he lacked the strength to attempt moving. There are many tales across the country that are tear inducing about the suffering of the people whose only offense was heeding the CBN directive to have their money deposited with the banks in exchange for a recolored equivalent of their money that is nowhere to be found. How Emefiele could easily go to sleep peacefully bearing in mind the unnecessary sufferings he has deliberately thrown millions of Nigerians is beyond comprehension. But he should know that there is always a day of reckoning.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by triple996(m): 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
jahsharon:

Igbos are happy with Emefiele as long as they think Tinubu will not get money to do election as if Tinubu is poor like their parents.
Region of political miscalculation
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by triple996(m): 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
tunapawizzy:

Buhari is the President of Nigeria. Naira redesign and the lopsidedness of the implementation is on Buhari and his team, which includes Emefiele. There is no way Emefiele is making these huge moves outside the express approval of the President.
It's funny how people think Emefiele is doing this without Buhari's approval....Y'all should know Head of government agencies do not roll out policies like this without the express approval and support of the President....If anyone needs to be sacked, it is Buhari himself and APC

Emefiele is doing a very bad job
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again by adekolaelect(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2023
Bubu and Emefele will end their lives in the way they put many Nigerians in hardship . You created Issues where there was none . Commercial activities is going down everyday , olds, Young , Riches and poor are in pains .if you fail to proffer meaningful solution to this your satanic policy and remove hardship Hocks from Nigerians' Necks . Your generation will never witness peace in their life and yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South East Senate Caucus To Boycott Buhari’s Town Hall Parley / Oyo State Denies Knowledge Of Demolition Of Ayefele's Radio House - DAILY TRUST / Ministers In Last Minute Lobbying Ahead Of Cabinet Dissolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.