Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man (14921 Views)

Man Celebrates Big After Divorce (Photo) / How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son? / Woman Cries Out After Her Rapist Fights To Take Custody Of Her Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Senator777: 3:58pm On May 26, 2023
Only what I can say is that this guy is original SIMP
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Microwhy: 4:06pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:

I just want to get advice from divorced or separated men or women and even married and single here how they handle the custody part of their kids when their marriage ended, is it easy as a man to raise two girls age 5 and 6yrs and what are the issues relating to these.
I f I can get a very good answer to this question you put out here, i swear I will divorce my wife when I get home.
The ball has change and its the men enduring marriage because of children. Gone are the days when mothers tell their children that they stayed in the marriage because of them. Now its the men that actually care about the children.
How can a woman not fight for custody of her children. Women are truly not worth it.
Today women are basterds very selfish and foolish.
Any woman that will not even put up a Preventive fight for custody of her children is a basterd.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Freelancerr(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2023
Good one you divorce her but it was late tho.

But I will like to ask a question how long did you date her before getting married to her?

Because I still remember your other post. Your wife cheated with someone who she claim she had known earlier before you and your marriage.

In this life as a man, before you marry, you should know your partner very well, most especially their past.

I will advise during the courtship stage you should monitor her very well, so you know who exactly you are dating/trying to spend the rest of your life with or building a family with.

You dont say she's old enough let her control herself or you dont want to do this or that.
Your wife needs to respect you also not only love you.

In your story you love her that's why she repeated that same cheating.

When you respect someone that means you kind of fear the person.
But when you love someone it's just love even if the person offends he or she will be like he loves me so he will forgive me.

Same reason you will see our pastors sleeping with our wives.
Our wives dont love our pastors! They respect them that's why they call them Daddy GO.

So as a man, your wife or Gf need to respect you highly. Love is never enough.
So you don't end up training another man's kid.

And the reading of their messages should be done discreetly.

I can teach as many people over here how to read anyone's WhatsApp messages directly on their phone without the person noticing.

Check my signature and text me on WhatsApp and learn.

Come with your 1k as a token fee.

Cos it's not free.

Take heart bro. Keep improving and working hard, billionaires and millionaires also divorce their sponse and move on.

Work hard and achieve greatness for yourself and your kids.

Peace ✌️
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by pauliuv(m): 4:36pm On May 26, 2023
Sorry about what you have passed through,if you can take care of the kids,it would be better,a mother who does bother to drag the kids with you,might not want them with her.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by ItisWell22(f): 4:41pm On May 26, 2023
Tzar:
PLEASE HOLD ON TO THOSE KIDS!
Especially when you said she is promiscuous. She will infect the kids with all her bad behavior.
However, note that after a while , she willl come back for those kids , especially after you have raised them to be teenagers. She left them for you to do the hard work of raising a toddler.
Try your best to impart as much morals in them as possible. Young girls will likely go with their mum when that time comes. But the foundation you give them now & your prayers will prevent their mum from negatively influencing them.
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a man to get custody, especially in Nigeria.
Marriage, divorce and custody is usually rigged against the man. Unless you find a reasonable judge.

📌
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Zedoo(m): 4:44pm On May 26, 2023
Una dey always make me laugh.
Rushing into things with people.
Calm down Una no go gree.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by vickydevoka(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:
Top of the day to you naira landers,

I know some of you will criticize me here for always bringing my marital issues here.

Well i believe we got lots of married responsible people here that might have gone through what i am facing through and may have one or two advice for me on how to navigate through my issues.

Some of you are unaware of my stories, i will urge you to read through my stories under my profile name and have better understanding about how it unfolded.

Now i am still struggling emotionally base on the problem am having with my wife, the disloyal, cheating and dishonesty from her ever since she got the job and get an accommodation in the barrack.

She has been a complete different person entirely and still surprise how she turned to be who she is now. well i have decided to divorce her and sent her away because she had caused me enough pains emotionally which am yet to heal from, my peace of mind and mental health is at stake and dont want to run mad because of a woman. I dont think i deserve that. .

My advice to single men and women planning to settle down soon should be very careful with the person they want to marry and know the person very well cos people do change alot when circumstances struck.

That man or woman you are so in love with now might turn out to be a beast when you later end up getting married. Marriage is a very difficult journey.

Now i and my wife are separated living apart but my two daughters are still leaving with me and with the help of my aged mom and sister, they are taking care of them and doing well.

Now am kinda confuse whether i should let the kids go stay with their mother or they should stay with me. Though she is not dragging custody with me but I realize the kids staying with me for now gives me that emotional strength and doesn't make me feel lonely, but if i take them to their mom, i might start missing them and loneliness and depression may strike being that i will be living alone.

I just want to get advice from divorced or separated men or women and even married and single here how they handle the custody part of their kids when their marriage ended, is it easy as a man to raise two girls age 5 and 6yrs and what are the issues relating to these.

As i said, i have a mom and aunt that can look after them very well and all i have to do is provide for them all they will be needing physically and financially, but i just what to be sure if am taking the right decision and wont regret taking their full custody.

pls anyone with useful advice should drop here cos am in a dilemma right now and want to get solution to my issues.

Pls sorry for the typo errors, am writing this with emotions scattered.
For Igbo land na man go stay with the pikin but if legally she's meant to stay with the kids unless she's incapacitated or you are a politician like ffk
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by vickydevoka(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:

I know some of you will criticize me here for always bringing my marital issues here.

Well i believe we got lots of married responsible people here that might have gone through what i am facing through and may have one or two advice for me on how to navigate through my issues.

Some of you are unaware of my stories, i will urge you to read through my stories under my profile name and have better understanding about how it unfolded.

Now i am still struggling emotionally base on the problem am having with my wife, the disloyal, cheating and dishonesty from her ever since she got the job and get an accommodation in the barrack.

She has been a complete different person entirely and still surprise how she turned to be who she is now. well i have decided to divorce her and sent her away because she had caused me enough pains emotionally which am yet to heal from, my peace of mind and mental health is at stake and dont want to run mad because of a woman. I dont think i deserve that. .

My advice to single men and women planning to settle down soon should be very careful with the person they want to marry and know the person very well cos people do change alot when circumstances struck.

That man or woman you are so in love with now might turn out to be a beast when you later end up getting married. Marriage is a very difficult journey.

Now i and my wife are separated living apart but my two daughters are still leaving with me and with the help of my aged mom and sister, they are taking care of them and doing well.

Now am kinda confuse whether i should let the kids go stay with their mother or they should stay with me. Though she is not dragging custody with me but I realize the kids staying with me for now gives me that emotional strength and doesn't make me feel lonely, but if i take them to their mom, i might start missing them and loneliness and depression may strike being that i will be living alone.

As i said, i have a mom and aunt that can look after them very well and all i have to do is provide for them all they will be needing physically and financially, but i just what to be sure if am taking the right decision and wont regret taking their full custody.

pls anyone with useful advice should drop here cos am in a dilemma right now and want to get solution to my issues.

One of the problem of marrying a useless woman in this generation is that your children must follow suit. By law, she should have the custody of the kids. Now you will be paying money for kids trained by useless mother. Omo make I de my single abeg. See woman. See wahala

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by opius: 4:50pm On May 26, 2023
You better double your hustle and take good care of your children...
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by adecz: 4:50pm On May 26, 2023
Is she is not dragging custody with you,
why are you coming here to ask us, abi
you are afraid to take responsibility❓😕

Man up mehn❗️❗️
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by linearity: 4:50pm On May 26, 2023
Natural mom fight to get the kids especially female ones during separation or divorce.

The fact that your ex does not care and not even bother about them is very telling, it means she have other priorities at this time.

Please DO NOT send the kids to go stay with, perfect the legal paperwork to get custody now. She will wake up to her foolishness later, but do the right thing now and go for sole custody with visitation rights to the mother.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by vickydevoka(m): 4:51pm On May 26, 2023
ahnie:
See marriage is not easy,where I faulted you wife was her indulging in extra marital affairs,whilst still married to you,where I come from,if you try such na instant madness.

You said you guys are separated now,meaning they have returned the dowry back to you right?
Yes or no?

I don't know how the road of divorce is,concerning the kids,it's best they stay with their mum for the time being you can always go to check on them.

Or they stay with you whilst you invite your sister to come live with you guys
Sorry for your ordeal.

My candid advise is,pls learn from your mistake and do not rush into another marriage for the time being.
Instant madness na myths abeg. Banue( idoma), igala and nsukka na one mama n papa born una
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by diogo23: 4:57pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:
Ok thanks. Now that the kids are with me, what can i do cos she uses that as an advantage to come to my place and am not cool with this fact. She wanted to even spend the weekend with us but i object cos i dont want what will make me loose guard and become vulnerable again to her manipulative antics
Only thing I have to say is do anything you can to keep those kids with you at least for now because their will manipulate them into hating you for life

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by vickydevoka(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2023
Microwhy:

I f I can get a very good answer to this question you put out here, i swear I will divorce my wife when I get home.
The ball has change and its the men enduring marriage because of children. Gone are the days when mothers tell their children that they stayed in the marriage because of them. Now its the men that actually care about the children.
How can a woman not fight for custody of her children. Women are truly not worth it.
Today women are basterds very selfish and foolish.
Any woman that will not even put up a Preventive fight for custody of her children is a basterd.
They are after woman hair , expensive phone with good camera and make up
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On May 26, 2023
opius:
You better double your hustle and take good care of your children...
Take care of children he plans to send away to his mother instead? undecided
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by tiswell(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2023
ahnie:
See marriage is not easy,where I faulted you wife was her indulging in extra marital affairs,whilst still married to you,where I come from,if you try such na instant madness.

You said you guys are separated now,meaning they have returned the dowry back to you right?
Yes or no?

I don't know how the road of divorce is,concerning the kids,it's best they stay with their mum for the time being you can always go to check on them.

Or they stay with you whilst you invite your sister to come live with you guys
Sorry for your ordeal.

My candid advise is,pls learn from your mistake and do not rush into another marriage for the time being.
He need to have a male child too,so it's in order if he gets married asap and replace the adulterous ex wife
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Mom007(f): 5:05pm On May 26, 2023
As long as they have a mother figure in the form of your mom n sister, they should be fine for now. As they grow older, adapt your plans to the needs of your children. This one u say your so called ex wife does sashay in anytime in the name of missing the children, are you sure you are ready for divorce like this?🙄
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by sniperr007(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:

Statistics says that children with father figure in their lives turn out better than those without father figure in their lives.

Conclusion, children who live with their fathers alone are less likely to be troubled than those who live with their mothers alone..

Also, focus on your children wellbeing and not just yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by sonofsteven: 5:20pm On May 26, 2023
Mindlog:

I understand where you are coming from as you are dealing with the loss of a marriage and her presence naturally triggers you and that is why people going through a divorce are encouraged to seek therapy as it helps in some form of desensitization, to help the person pour out their heart and gradually become less triggered by the other person's presence as they begin to achieve clarity about the ended marriage and what lies ahead.

OP..

And for now you need fresh air
I really don't know how your kids are,I would have suggested the mum but who knows what will be the outcome but my take is,invite your mum and probably your kid sister fit come over but I'm not in support of only ur kid sister, and never stop your ex from hanging out with the kids, go for therapy and also go out more..

Lastly... never get married till your kids are older or a graduate, reason being that most women tends to override kids that aren't theirs, which I'm sure everyone here knows that,the worst is kids from her husband's previous marriages.... but if you have brothers that can beat you up and do whatever to ur wife,den you fit marry. But sarcasm apart, no try marry till kids are grown properly
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Exceed15: 5:21pm On May 26, 2023
A child or children are a bond between man and woman that can't be totally eliminated. U will keep seeing her because of the children.

Op, you know wife too well to know If it's a good idea to realsese the kids to her or not. As it is now you might get married again but please make sure she's from a good home and will take care of the kids as if they hers.

Lastly try to put away bitterness, hurt, hatred and anger. It is not good for your health. Let her not be the remote that controls your feelings. It is well with you and your beautiful daughters.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by 2mch(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2023
She has as much right to those kids as you do. Call her to discuss custody arrangements or go to court to have such arrangements decided by law. That you feel you are the best person they can live with does not mean they don’t need their mother. Your mother and aunt can never take her place.

It’s good to have this arrangement in place so when you want to remarry, it will give the new wife a break or she may tell you to take them to their mother permanently
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Germi9: 5:46pm On May 26, 2023
I’m surprised you still call her your wife!!! The truth is that you goofed the day you decided to forgive her after you discovered she cheated on you. Women are emotionally attached after sex.

I cant advise you on what to do with your kids but it seems you still love the woman so my brother do what you gat to do as for me,i don’t take nonsense
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by mercy87(f): 5:47pm On May 26, 2023
I have gone through all your threads. I haven’t seen where you said your wife cheated on you physically. In marriage emotional cheating will happen at a point but understanding and talking about it will help to diffuse the attraction. Whether you like it or not, you will be attracted to other people than your spouse. What matters is how you too come clean and handle it. Be patient with your wife. You strike me as a quick-tempered impulsive man. Calm down. Ahhh. At this rate, you will marry 10 wives o.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by RedpillAnalyst: 6:04pm On May 26, 2023
@Afodot0022

Kids do better if fathers have custody facts.
Kids do best with both parents if they are working in unison.
More single mothers have created more menace to society than any other demography.

Single mums raise future sluts and whores, not mothers or wives.

The trauma kids get when mama is moaning and screaming from the other room and the other person is not the father is a lifetime one.

You admitted she lied and cheated while in relationship and you can bet your wife is getting ran through like Lagos - Ibadan expressway by now and you don't want her to lay precedence for those kids.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by mmsen: 6:15pm On May 26, 2023
Single mothers are notoriously inept parents. Please get custody of your children if possible.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by isabi2lof: 6:31pm On May 26, 2023
Divorce isn't easy at all undecided
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by BarrElChapo(m): 6:31pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:

Keep your daughters with you.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by hahn(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:
Thanks for this piece of advice. Really appreciate. Thank God i have a job and can take care of them with the help of my mom. My wife has proven she is not worth it and as u said, she might poison there mind towards me. Thanks once again.

Have you done a DNA test on your kids?
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by cmikel: 7:10pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:

Tihis op self. You ask questions like a child.

Women generally will like to take custody of the kids so that they can use it to sip money from the man. But since your wife is working and comfortable, she is living her life to the fullest she doesn't want anything that will hinder her nacking wen her seex partners arive.

You siaid you have your mom and sis around and you are still asking this silky question.

Well if you take them to ur wife apart from emotional depression that maY set in also be ready for more money bc ur wife will request more than wat it's costing you now also be ready for any unforseen stuff with them bc the type of wife u have can leave the kids with neighbors or lock them indoors for hours just bc she want to Nack a man grin grin grin

Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Blakjewelry(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2023
Afodot0022:

Not married but I am very mature to give you a good response. Nobody will take better care of your children than you. Many men will fight to keep their children by them and this is what you are getting freely. Some single ladies have ways with men which is definitely going to have negative impact on the kids, bottomline stay with your kids. They can visit her during the holidays.
Re: Should I Take Custody After Divorce As A Man by Oluromantic: 7:22pm On May 26, 2023
For you not to think of yourself alone but to think that the kids need their mother shows how selfless you are. Unfortunately your wife is not thinking same way. While some mother's can run mad to see their children separated from them, this one doesn't even bother. I don't know who really to blame between you two on the divorce matter cus I don't know how it started but her view towards her children being with her or not shows her carlousness. God help you bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? / My Son Lacks Concentration / My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.