Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC (646 Views)

You Are Actually Giving Away Your Personal Data When You Copy And Paste It / 5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by hector: 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
My samsung s6 edge hotspot to my PC drains so much data. Even if i open a few pages on my PC the consumption rate is so high that within 10mins a 2.5 gig data will just finish.

Meanwhile, if i use my samsung galaxy S9+ i can use that same data to open multiple pages in the internet for days before it will finish. Currently, the S9+ has screen issues hence, i can not use it.

I am stranded using the s6 edge because i burn so much data and its affecting my work and finance. Please, who knows an alternative network device i can use with low data consumption. I cant work since morning. Please please...ejor
Re: I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
Go to wifi settings on your laptop, then change your WiFi connection to metered connection.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by immortalcrown(m): 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2023
Turn on Metered Connection in the laptop WiFi setting.
Re: I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by seborrhic: 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
What is the connection between WiFi and hotspots?
How can data draining using hotspots be caused by WiFi settings?
immortalcrown:
Turn on Metered Connection in the laptop WiFi setting.
Re: I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by henryvirus(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
After doing what they stated above, go to settings and stop automatic windows updates. Your PC is probably downloading updates.
Re: I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by Rikze: 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
henryvirus:
After doing what they stated above, go to settings and stop automatic windows updates. Your PC is probably downloading updates.

For the betterment of your PC you need to set it to automatic update. Don't focus on the data consumption alone, it might come back to hunt you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC by immortalcrown(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
seborrhic:
What is the connection between WiFi and hotspots?
How can data draining using hotspots be caused by WiFi settings?
When a device is connected to WiFi, every application that can use internet on the device automatically starts using the internet provided by the WiFi.

For example, if you buy 1,000 Naira subscription and your friend needs your hotspot on his phone
for 30 minutes, it is cheaper for you to buy the friend 200 or 300 subscription. If he connets to your hotspot, all the apps on his phone connects to internet immediately. The apps that need update on his phone will automatically begin to update themselves unless you turned off automatic update on PlayStore.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A14 Berths; It Is A Phone For All Occasions And Favorite Moments / Tecno Spark 8c (kg5j) Panel/motherboard Is Needed Urgently / Oukitel WP27 Rugged Smartphone Lightweight With 8500 Mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.