Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital (20324 Views)

Soludo Inspects 3.341Km Akpaka-Nsugbe Road, Says APGA Keeps It's Vows / Soludo Inspects Nine Roads At Okpoko-Ogbaru Measuring 14.053km / Soludo Inspects Ugwuagba-Bosi Rd, Says He's Not A Man That Makes Empty Promises (2) (3) (4)

Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by SReporters: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
Following the numerous road construction projects underway in the area, Anambra State Governor Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo CFR has promised that Awka will be a befitting capital.

The Governor made the remarks while inspecting the 3.872-kilometer Umuogbu Road in Awka South Local Government Council.

He stated that the purpose of his visit is to inspect the quality of work, fulfilling a promise he made the first time he came.

Soludo recalled how the Eze Uzu of Awka, HM Obi Gibson Nwosu prayed for him when he began the road-building journey, and he acknowledged that the prayers had an impact on him.

"Because I am an emotional person, when I first saw the state of this road, I declared a state of emergency on the road. I saw pictures of this road and they hunted me. I had no idea a road like this existed in Awka.

"Every year, I've heard, people die as a result of the poor condition of this road.

"Our party's slogan is onye aghana nwanne ya!" We should be our brothers keeper. "We vowed to fix this road in the spirit of our great party," Soludo said.

In the presence of the people, the Governor summoned the Project Manager, who represented the contractor, to do everything in their power to ensure that the flood that terrorizes the road stopped permanently.

"I have seen the depth and width of the drainages and I am very impressed with the level of work so far.

"Anambra is the only state in the country where the capital is Awka and the Governor lives elsewhere. We are constructing a Governors Lodge and House in Awka for the first time in 32 years. When we held our rally here, I told the crowd that I would be relocating to Awka "Soludo stated.

He begged residents to help keep Awka clean by not clogging drainages with solid waste and debris.

The Governor urged them to support APGA candidates. He explained that he would not be doing this road construction without APGA.

Hon ThankGod Anagor, TC Chairman Awka South, welcomed the Governor to Umuogbu. He expressed gratitude for the road construction and assured him of their unwavering support.

Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma, Commissioner for Works, stated during an EXCO meeting in October last year, the Governor gave an order that work on this road should begin immediately.

He disclosed that the primary work on the road is meant to be flood control, with 3.4km of flood channels being constructed, but Soludo instructed that the road be completely repaired, including drainages.

"MP Infrastructure Construction Company an indigenous Company, owned by a native of Awka is the contractor handling the project and so far, they did well.

"The road was awarded on December 20, 2022, and construction will be completed by November this year," the Commissioner stated.

Hon. Dozie Nwankwo, APGA Candidate for Awka Central Senatorial District, stated that Awka is now looking like a real capital.

"The reward for work is more work, and the reward for more work is more votes," he said.

He urged people to vote for APGA again, as they did in the previous election.

Mr. Chinedu Ifeatu, Commissioner for Finance and a native of Umuogbu, stated that Anambra is fortunate to have Mr. Solution. He assured them that he is a man who follows through on his promises.

"I agreed to join his cabinet because he is my only hope. What he has accomplished in less than a year is more than some Governors have accomplished in four years," he said.

APGA Candidate for Awka South 1 Constituency, Anambra House of Assembly, Barr. Samuel Igwebuike (Igwedumma), urged Awka residents to support Soludo's administration.

He remembered the Governor coming to flag off this road, stepping on the muddy road due to erosion, and promising to repair it. And now, that promises has been fulfilled.

According to Hon. Ben Nwankwo, APGA Candidate for Awka North and South Federal Constituency, the poor condition of the road has caused many families to leave the area. He expressed his delight at the Governor's decision to begin construction on this road, which has increased the value of land in the area.

He urged the people to vote for the APGA because no other party will carry on the state's current development.

Mr Fred Agbata, MD ICT, an Umuogbu native, welcomed the Governor to his hometown. He stated that the Governor promised to fix this road three months ago and that he has done so today.

He went on to say that the Governor appointed nearly seven Awka sons to his cabinet.

Mr Agbata assured the Governor of the people's support for his administration and the APGA.

The Chief of Staff, Mr Ernest Ezeajughi, Accountant General Anambra State, Sir Chudi Okoli, Executive Secretary ASHIA, Dr Simeon Onyeamaechi, amongst others attended the event.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/13/soludo-inspects-3-872km-umuogbu-road-says-awka-will-rise-to-be-a-befitting-capital/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Malory: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Soluproject on the beat. We will use this to forgive him for falsely disparaging the choice of Nigerians Peter Obi.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by SReporters: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
More pix

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by SReporters: 9:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
Photos....

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Ever8090: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Ok...very nice, not up to a year in office i guess and he has already achieve more than the nincompoop who have spent 8 years in Benue state government house...

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by ThinkSmarter: 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
From what i have seen so far, Soludo is ready to work and his mantra of "Solution is Here" is a seal of promise kept.
I have learnt that he is about starting a flyover bride project at Ekwulobia.
Urban renewal is what most Anambra towns need.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by LegendHero(m): 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
In like 2 years now all the effort of soludo on these road construction will start yielding benefit.

I am looking forward to the completion of the roads.

God bless Soludo
God bless Tinubu

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by LegendHero(m): 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
Ever8090:
Ok...very nice, not up to a year in office i guess and he has already achieve more than the nincompoop who have spent 8 years in Benue state government house...

Ortom is a compound failure.

Even Gbajabiamila for Surulere got more project than Ortom.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Soludo, show us the road when it is completed biko.

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Afamed: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
Awka can not stand the least developed Local Govt in Lagos,

I have been to Awka, not less than 400 times since 2003 till date.

I know Lagos same way I know my ATM password.

When I see all these mad zobidents praising Obi, I begin to wonder if there is another Anambra Obi ruled for 8 yrs

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by mannobi(m): 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
This is a visionary and serious governor, not some NEXT TO NOTHING whose landmark is not traceable.
God bless Soludo
God bless umayi
God bless sullivan chime
God bless uzodimma

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
I thought Peter already made it befitting grin grin grin

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Afamed: 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
Every Zomdent lies , has an expiring date

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by stuffs2002: 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
Good job Soludo... God bless Soludo

Someone is doing what Peter Obi failed to do

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Franchise21(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
OK
Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by gentiles(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
Awka is still better than all south west capitals except lagos that was developed by all Nigerians

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by dele1727: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
cheesy[/s] cheesy[s][s][/s]

Please ask What then did obi acheived in 8 years...
Where are the wonders that obi claimed to have performed...or that his supporters claim he performed...

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by valentinenkem: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
Very good I appreciate

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by kenbee(f): 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
Talkative Governor

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by daygee12: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Don't loud it

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Franchise21(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Ewu... Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo Olu didn't do any project in Lagos coz Tinubu did all right? You just lack good sense of reasoning. I'm not surprised tho!

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Goodman247: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Soludo the solution

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by triple996(m): 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2023

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by 07kjb: 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Work doesn't stop in a state till Christ comes,a state is a work in progress contract... have sense

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by ACRI: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kudos Soludo

I like this man !

He didn't destroy naira's value as CBN GOV. Unlike the efulefu emefiele who wan dey drag presidency

Pls do tempsite,ifite, other intra city roads...Awka road is shitty

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by TheChameleon: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Soludo has burst the lies.

He is effectively saying Awka was a shithole like the entire region that looks like a gigantic pit latrine.

Peter Obi who's smarter than the average mumu flat head ran away to Lagos governed by Tinubu.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Neddstark: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
Now Anambra has a working governor. Unlike the one who did nada and was just lying up and down.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by TheChameleon: 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Afamed:
Every Zomdent lies , has an expiring date

24 years searching for befitting Capital... yet 24 years of PDP slavery.

Instead of Ekweremandu to be finding kidney up and down...he should do mass brain transplants in the region.

Them daft no be small.

Re: Soludo Inspects Umuogbu Road, Says Awka Will Rise To Be A Befitting Capital by Afamed: 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
07kjb:

Work doesn't stop in a state till Christ comes,a state is a work in progress contract... have sense

Not when you lied Obi kept imagery $2777778888888 Trillion while the state capital is in comatoes.

Every lie has an expiring date

Come to Abakaliki/ Ebonyi state, it has more befitting state capital than the one you claimed your Pandora fraud built

9 Likes 2 Shares

Melaye Thanks Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki For N21 Billion Road Construction In Kogi / Imo Assembly: PDP National Leadership Say Defectors Have Lost Their Seats / APC And PDP Supporters Fighting In Suleja, Niger State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52