Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC (8251 Views)

2023:kogi Guber Election Results Will Be Transmitted From Polling Units - INEC / After 3 Flops In 25 Years, INEC Meets Parties Today Over New Polling Units / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by nwekeugochukwu: 9:38am On Feb 14, 2023
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced that voters assigned to new polling units will receive text messages to know their polling units before the February 25 and March 11, 2023 general elections, IGBERETV reports.

INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, made this known in Abuja on Monday, February 13, at a meeting with political parties held at the INEC Conference Room.

He said voters can locate and confirm their polling units before the general elections by sending regular texts or WhatsApp messages to a dedicated telephone number which will be uploaded on INEC social media platforms.

"Voters can locate and confirm their polling units before election day by sending a regular text or WhatsApp message to a dedicated telephone number," INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, said Monday at a meeting with political parties held at the INEC Conference Room, Abuja.

Yakubu also revealed that elections won't hold in 240 polling units spread across 28 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) because they have no registered voters, adding that the total number of polling units in the country is now 176,606.

"From the feedback we received from our officials and accredited observers following the recent nationwide mock accreditation using the Bimodal Voter Registration Systems (BVAS), it is clear that some voters could not easily identify their polling units," the INEC chairman stated.

"This should not happen on election day. Consequently, the Commission is advising voters to confirm the locations of their polling units through a dedicated portal on our website.

"In addition, all voters who have been assigned to new polling units will receive text messages from the Commission indicating their polling units."

https://igberetvnews.com/1438906/voters-receive-text-messages-know-new-polling-units-inec/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Ceenachi: 10:03am On Feb 14, 2023
I don't know what Kwakwanso will tell INEC on this since majority of his supporters don't have phones embarassed

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by BossGerald: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2023
Inec really mean business...they should also add "VOTE WISELY " at the end of the text grin

Say no to "Vote buying "

Vote OBI2023

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by fastseo: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2023
I will like them to do away with pvc. Our thumbprint is ok.
If i can access the money in the bank with out my I'D card while bank using only my thumbprint to know who i am and it cannot be faked.

This will do away with complaints of poor distribution of pvc and reduce cost

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by tunwumi: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2023
Hummm

How are you going to achieve this when simple opinion pool you can't handle?

3 Likes

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Laudated: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2023
Okay no prob
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Whois(m): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2023
A better Nigeria is POssible

8 Likes

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by updatechange(m): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2023
Way to go, at least not the public but the concerned!👍

1 Like

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by NewNg1: 10:14am On Feb 14, 2023
Peter Obi will step down before January 18th

According to Tinubu's social media fighters.

Reality will dawn on them soon.

8 Likes

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by xristos(m): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2023
ok
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by SoftP(m): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2023
The only reasonable news I’ve heard from INEC this season

5 Likes

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by toffyz(m): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2023
K
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Hendrixky: 10:14am On Feb 14, 2023
Wether yorubas like it or not
Tinubu is not fit to rule
We are gonna keep telling it to thier face
Yorubas are delaying the progress of Nigeria with this tribalism

Northerners only problem is that religious line

They are using yorubas to achieve their aim always

And the funny thing is that yorubas keep saying they are educated lol
This election just exposed them as tribalistic
They are not educated the way they claim to be.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by FOOTSOLDIER1: 10:14am On Feb 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by jeffoe(m): 10:15am On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:
I don't know what Kwakwanso will tell INEC on this since, majority of his supporters don't have phones embarassed
vawulence grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Godwin4444: 10:15am On Feb 14, 2023
I laugh in Japanese

The igbos that rushed from south east to Lagos to register or d ones that registered initially in south east n wanted to come n do another in lagos but was declined

It won’t b funny when u are at oshodi n your polling unit is umeizere abiama elepongigan lg in ebonyi

Hope u won’t come to social media that tinubu didn’t allow u to vote ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Tookool(m): 10:15am On Feb 14, 2023
Inec seem so organized this time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Nicegees(m): 10:15am On Feb 14, 2023
We're fully prepared to cast our vote on the chosen that's Mr Peter Obi... I pray everything goes well on that day

2 Likes

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Bontafa: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2023
Urchins are confused

1 Like

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Claraoby: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2023
Nice one and quite commendable

1 Like

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Domistar5(f): 10:17am On Feb 14, 2023
Can't wait to vote for Obidatti tongue

1 Like

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by BluntCrazeMan: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2023
Cool..
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2023
Tookool:
Inec seem so organized this time.

Wait till Asiwaju wins, and you will see how those hogs will condemn INEC!
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by warizi: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2023
Nice concept, but i hope budget is not gonna be N5,000 per SMS

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by yesloaded: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2023
Let it be quick at least a week to election date

2 Likes

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Saidfx(m): 10:20am On Feb 14, 2023
Hendrixky:
Wether yorubas like it or not
Tinubu is not fit to rule
We are gonna keep telling it to thier face
Yorubas are delaying the progress of Nigeria with this tribalism

Northerners only problem is that religious line

They are using yorubas to achieve their aim always

And the funny thing is that yorubas keep saying they are educated lol
This election just exposed them as tribalistic
They are not educated the way they claim to be.

What are you getting at and which tribe are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Sonnobax15(m): 10:20am On Feb 14, 2023
grin
Na once APC led administration turn a whole almighty INEC to jamb cheesy

Wahala.
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by bigdammyj: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2023
Noted.
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by yesloaded: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2023
Saidfx:

What are you getting at and which tribe are you?
He just want to derail the thread & cause ethnic fight

Ignore him at all cost
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by Racoon(m): 10:22am On Feb 14, 2023
Why didn't INEC settled this issue 2 years before a crucial national election of this nature? Why now?
Re: Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC by jaxxy(m): 10:23am On Feb 14, 2023
I said this b4 bt not for new polling units bt also for PVCs status and pickup point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar / Floods In Ibadan Again / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.