Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar (8262 Views)

Igbo Intimidating Buhari With Biafra To Get Appointments – Sagay / Why Did Nigeria Government Changed Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Bonny / Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by nduchucks: 2:25am On Mar 13, 2012
For once EzeUche did something useful by posting this map

I kind of like the map and will welcome the replacement of states with regions as depicted on the map, as long as the regions can have their own constitution, police force, 100% resource control within the sovereign Great Nigeria.

An important caveat would be to rename the Bight of biafra. Biafra is basically non existent and the bight should be named Bight of Calabar or even Bight of Awolowo, in honour of the sage. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Crayola1: 2:29am On Mar 13, 2012
You do realize the Bight of Biafra was where the name of Biafra came from undecided Christ the Nigerian education system has gone to hell in a hand basket cry

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 2:51am On Mar 13, 2012
OP, please remove Warri and anything west of that from the "South-East". It is very insulting to the Itsekiri people and indeed, Deltans!

We have more in common with the Yorubas and Edos than Igbos, then why place Warri in the SE Its annoying! To avoid a tribal war, just make the necessary adjustments.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 3:00am On Mar 13, 2012
The bright of Baifra, also known as the Bright of bonny was named by the Europeans during their imperial exposition. the same way the benin republic was named after the Bright of benin, Biafra was named after the bright of biafra. The Bright was named in the 1800s by the british, waaaay before the country biafra was formed.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Onlytruth(m): 3:06am On Mar 13, 2012
@jason123

When it comes to Delta state, apart from my Igbo brothers from Anioma, I only consider the opinions of the Beaf's from there.
I even think that kpogede will not mind his people joining the rest of us in SE/SS/Benue axis to form Biafra or any other nation.
You Mr jason123, are not what you say you are. Ever wonder why there are no other "itsekiri" here with your die hard pro Yoruba opinions.
Methinks you are a Yoruba masquerade. cool
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by BlackPikiN(m): 3:07am On Mar 13, 2012
jason123: OP, please remove Warri and anything west of that from the "South-East". It is very insulting to the Itsekiri people and indeed, Deltans!

We have more in common with the Yorubas and Edos than Igbos, then why place Warri in the SE Its annoying! To avoid a tribal war, just make the necessary adjustments.

You talk so stoppooidd!
you write like a baby!
You are a real omomo!
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Onlytruth(m): 3:18am On Mar 13, 2012
@Topic

ndu_chucks

Why are you traumatized by the name "Biafra"?
Is it because you owe that country millions of lives that you desperately want to change the name hurriedly to something else ko? olodo.
There are more viable ways of paying for the blood of innocent Biafrans you and yours shed unnecessarily in your futile attempt to save a bad idea.
All you need to do is expiate (as you are partly currently doing with your boko haram wahala), and God will move on.
Changing names don't change hard facts on the ground.

BTW I don't mind beginning the process by first experimenting with the regions and their constitutions, state police and the rest under one Nigeria for sometime.
That is what we should have done for the past 44 years, instead of Gowon and the rest of your die hard One Nigerianists trying desperately keep Nigeria one by introducing the evil seeds of state creation.
All that is too late now. The states would likely stay as they are, as some form of administrative units (or even states). I welcome the regions as new federating units. cool
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 3:18am On Mar 13, 2012
Onlylies:
You need to gather sense! You want to know Kpogede's position?
Here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/710432/draft-constitution-oduduwa-republic-here

Blackpikin:
Shut up!

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 3:20am On Mar 13, 2012
Again, Ndu_chuks, it is an insult to draw geographical maps without consulting the people. Warri is not going to any SE, chikena! No amount of insults or intimidation can change that!
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Crayola1: 3:22am On Mar 13, 2012
Gos Jason will you shut up, Christ its a fake map. Nigeria is not splitting because everyone has settled themselves with the status quo wake me when you guys get on Bosnia level
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Onlytruth(m): 3:27am On Mar 13, 2012
jason123

I have studied kpogede77 and I can tell you that he is not an avowed anti-igbo (die hard Oduduwa) like you. He actually admires Biafra a lot and has severally advocated for Biafra to be supported.

In that post you referenced, this is what he said about Biafra's status in Oduduwa:

Biafra Rep will have no need for a visa to enter Oduduwa Rep. Biafra citizen will have all the right that Oduduwa citizen has except voting right.

I can assure you that when the time comes, we will make [b]kpogede77 [/b]and his like an offer they cannot refuse. cool
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by nduchucks: 3:35am On Mar 13, 2012
jason123: Again, Ndu_chuks, it is an insult to draw geographical maps without consulting the people. Warri is not going to any SE, chikena! No amount of insults or intimidation can change that!

Apologies to you. I should have looked at the map more closely and the fact that it was presented by EzeUche, of all people, should have raised an alarm. One of the main reasons they insisted on the civil war was because they wanted to take all of current ND area and old midwest with them. Now they want to include the middle belt. I dey laugh o.

@Eze, can't you just let go of your senseless ego for once and declare without strings that you agree with my idea? BTW the Ojukwu type beard you've been nursing for the past few weeks does not add to your intelligence, olodo.
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 3:38am On Mar 13, 2012
@Onlytruth:

Anti-Igbo? How? Cause I am against the inclusion of my people in Biafra part 2?? While Edos and Yorubas MIGHT be together? Does that even makes sense to you? My ancestors were Ijebus, Igalas etc and the first king of the Itsekiris was a Edo man. So, Eze (I belive kings should be wise), do you actually believe that such a map drawn above will actualise?? Itsekiris in Biafra? NO WAY!

I got nothing against Biafra, what I am against is the inclusion of territories (such as what the OP did) without, atleast for the sake of courtsey, a minimal level of negotiation with the people.

Dude, Biafra can form and take whatever shape it wants to but don't include territories especially a state like Delta to Biafra. It will be resisted, trust me! Southern Nigeria is better!

Oduduwan? Me? I have not advocated for Odua rep before (only as the last option), so how can I be a die-hard oduduwa? Dude, what are you on about?

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 3:41am On Mar 13, 2012
One thing I want to make clear is that POLITICAL UNITY IS DIFFERENT FROM TERRITORIAL/CULTURAL/ANCESTORIAL UNITY!!!
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 3:44am On Mar 13, 2012
The same way Edos are politically united with the SW. During a break, they might want their nation.
The same way Kwarans and Kogi peep were politically united with "one north". During a break, their stance is clear
Likewise the Ijaw nation, Itsekiri,Uhrobo, Kalabari etc.

Too many people are caught in this euphoria that they seize to be pragmatic in their thinking.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Onlytruth(m): 3:45am On Mar 13, 2012
ndu_chucks

That map represents the true political reality in Nigeria. Whoever prepared that map is a political soothsayer. cool
The producer of that map must have CLOSELY followed political developments, body languages and nuances from both SE, SS and middle belt in the past few years.
The map is spot on.

BTW I will NEVER shave this my Ojukwu type beard. It has a life of its own. cool grin cool
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by BlackPikiN(m): 3:46am On Mar 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Apologies to you. I should have looked at the map more closely and the fact that it was presented by EzeUche, of all people, should have raised an alarm. One of the main reasons they insisted on the civil war was because they wanted to take all of current ND area and old midwest with them. Now they want to include the middle belt. I dey laugh o.[color=#990000][/color]

@Eze, can't you just let go of your senseless ego for once and declare without strings that you agree with my idea? BTW the Ojukwu type beard you've been nursing for the past few weeks does not add to your intelligence, olodo.

You all need to cut the rubb/ish you post here!
Damn!
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by OneNaira6: 5:42am On Mar 13, 2012
The only person and I mean the only supposed ND on this site that speaks on Delta or ND going with SW is Jason. I don't know what delusion he lives in but let me break it down for una on NL.

ND wants ND republic if it breaks up, if that can't happen, the second best belief of them is Biafra, followed by SW, followed by Nigeria depending on what ethnic group you studying. Even the Edo (Bini), he's constantly talks about would rather be by themselves than go with anyother ethnic group in Nigeria, if ND republic does not occur.

I don't know whom or what he speaks for but he sure as heck do not speak for Deltans simple.
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by OneNaira6: 5:45am On Mar 13, 2012
@ OP

Is it a must you have to showcase your stupidity on this site daily? Na wa oo!!!

Bight of Biafra predates the name Biafra.
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by ektbear: 6:12am On Mar 13, 2012
So long as where these border regions decide to go to is decided by referendum (supervised by the UN, not wuruwuru naija-style stuff), I have no problems.

Let the will of the people be done.

I personally don't want anyone joining us who doesn't want to anyways...
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by naptu2: 6:20am On Mar 13, 2012
OP you are decades behind! The name "Bight of Biafra" was changed to "Bight of Bonny" during the civil war. If you check any maps produced by the Federal Government, you would find that the area is labelled Bight of Bonny.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by pcicero(m): 8:56am On Mar 13, 2012
I really don't know what you guys are rambling about. Ojukwu took the name Biafra to incorporate the Niger Deltans in order to appeal to the non-Igbos. I wonder if the word 'biafra' is indigenous to Nigeria. I have seen so many things written about it and there is nothing concrete about its origin.

As for me, the name 'Biafra' has died with Ojukwu. It is therefore needless attempting to change the name. The man who made it relevant is dead. QED

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by wirinet(m): 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
I am itsekiri from warri. I repeat the Itsekiris have no cultural, historical or linguistic connections with the igbos, it is an insult to include us in your igbo nation. It even smacks of arrogance to put itsekiri land in your map. You want to colonize itsekiri land? Well we will await you on the battle field. But do not scream betrayal when we solicit for help from other regions to repel Igbo aggression.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Abagworo(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2012
Biafra as a name has nothing in common with Igbo. The bight of Biafra was an older name for the bight of Bonny. It has nothing to do with the Igbo ethnic group. Had it been called bight of Isuama, bight of Oru or bight of Eboe, then you all have a case here.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by nduchucks: 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
Abagworo: Biafra as a name has nothing in common with Igbo. The bight of Biafra was an older name for the bight of Bonny. It has nothing to do with the Igbo ethnic group. Had it been called bight of Isuama, bight of Oru or bight of Eboe, then you all have a case here.

Biafra has become the symbol of secessionists and other treasonous elements in Nigeria, so that bight should be renamed. If you believe today, that biafra has nothing to do with the Igbo ethnic group, then you must be a redneck. cheesy
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
@ Wirinet:
My brother, it is not only arrogant but its very insulting! What is even more insulting is when you hear people like Only[i]truth[/i][s][/s]lies suggesting that that is what will happen! angry

Well, then again, its only on an internet forum like Nairaland you'll hear silly stuffs like this!

@ One Naira:

Speak about Delta? Hell no! I only speak about Itsekiris and sometimes Uhrobos and western Ijaws. Delta Igbos have said they want Anioma state (no wahala)! cool

NO THE ND DOES NOT WANT ND REPUBLIC! It is the Ijaws and some Uhrobos that want the ND republic! Ibibios, Efiks, Ikwerris, Itsekiris, Edos etc DO NOT WANT ND REPUBLIC! It is a fail expansionist agenda that will NEVER come to reality!

Bini? What have I said to suggest that Bini will join the SW? I said even with the political unity, it does not mean they would have geographical unity et al. So what are you on about?? Even if the Ijaws form their republic, I can assure you that it will not be Biafra. Why? because political unity is VERY DIFFERENT from geographical unity!!!

Speak for Deltans? Why should I? I speak for myself and sometimes, my ethnic group!

1 Like

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by ektbear: 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2012
jason123 and co, honestly don't worry too much about it. When the day comes that Nigeria divides, we will know where everyone stands, who wants to be with who.

Talk on the internet can only go so far. Heh. Isn't worth stressing over.
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by achi4u(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
no matter what you people write here in NL about THE GREAT BIAFRA (GB),we the masses won't be demoralize IN actualizing our dream nation.
Remember 'igbos makes nigeria today',THE GOOD AND THE GREAT...

a bitter piles abi?

1 igbo brain=10 ordinary nigerians brain.
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
Why are the Igbos bunched up with the Niger Delta?! undecided
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by OneNaira6: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
jason123: @ Wirinet:
My brother, it is not only arrogant but its very insulting! What is even more insulting is when you hear people like Only[i]truth[/i][s][/s]lies suggesting that that is what will happen! angry

Well, then again, its only on an internet forum like Nairaland you'll hear silly stuffs like this!

@ One Naira:

Speak about Delta? Hell no! I only speak about Itsekiris and sometimes Uhrobos and western Ijaws. Delta Igbos have said they want Anioma state (no wahala)! cool

NO THE ND DOES NOT WANT ND REPUBLIC! It is the Ijaws and some Uhrobos that want the ND republic! Ibibios, Efiks, Ikwerris, Itsekiris, Edos etc DO NOT WANT ND REPUBLIC! It is a fail expansionist agenda that will NEVER come to reality!

Bini? What have I said to suggest that Bini will join the SW? I said even with the political unity, it does not mean they would have geographical unity et al. So what are you on about?? Even if the Ijaws form their republic, I can assure you that it will not be Biafra. Why? because political unity is VERY DIFFERENT from geographical unity!!!

Speak for Deltans? Why should I? I speak for myself and sometimes, my ethnic group!

I can now say with positiveness YOU ARE NOT ND as some have accused you of. Who in their right mind, whom claimed to have lived within Niger-delta will open their big mouth and claim only Ijaw and Urhobo wants ND republic. ROFLMFAO. Goodluck swinging that sh1t around.

As for You speaking for Western Ijaws and Urhobo, dude, they have voiced their opinion multiple times and they want nothing to do with SW. What in the world are you on about? From Urhobo to Isoko, etc do not want anything, neither do they wish to join SW when Nigeria breaks simple. I have never met a ND whom wishes to join SW when Nigerian breaks apart other than well YOU. By the way, do not waste your time opening up an account pretending to be urhobo just to have someone to back you up. We know how you do and I don't have time for that nonsense and childishness.

As I've said before LET THE IJAWS, THE IBIBIO, THE WHOMEVER speak for themselves. YOU AREN'T ONE OF THEM, neither can you voice what they want.SIMPLE.
Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2012
One_Naira:

I can now say with positiveness YOU ARE NOT ND as some have accused you of. Who in their right mind, whom claimed to have lived within Niger-delta will open their big mouth and claim only Ijaw and Urhobo wants ND republic. ROFLMFAO. Goodluck swinging that sh1t around.

As for You speaking for Western Ijaws and Urhobo, dude, they have voiced their opinion multiple times and they want nothing to do with SW. What in the world are you on about? From Urhobo to Isoko, etc do not want anything, neither do they wish to join SW when Nigeria breaks simple. I have never met a ND whom wishes to join SW when Nigerian breaks apart other than well YOU. By the way, do not waste your time opening up an account pretending to be urhobo just to have someone to back you up. We know how you do and I don't have time for that nonsense and childishness.

As I've said before LET THE IJAWS, THE IBIBIO, THE WHOMEVER speak for themselves. YOU AREN'T ONE OF THEM, neither can you voice what they want.SIMPLE.

I think comprehension is your problem! How did "WE ARE NOT PART OF THE SOUTH-EAST" equate to "I WANT TO JOIN THE SOUTH-WEST"?? Are you mentally okay?? Because seriously, I think you are not!
What "new Id"? Do you actually think I take Nairaland that serious? Dude, I don't need a new ID to get my point across. I am not that desperate and as you can see, I do not spend most of my time on NL (too tribalistic anyway).

Now, to address you silly post. You said I am the only one you have met blah blah.
To answer that:
https://www.nairaland.com/710432/draft-constitution-oduduwa-republic-here
Also follow Paragon, Edo.girl etc!

About whether those groups mentioned would want to join ND rep:
THE BENIN-IBIBIO-ITSEKIRI & ILAJE ETHNIC NATIONALITIES OF SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-WEST NIGERIA.

The Distinguished President of the senate,
The Senate of the federal Republic of Nigeria,
National Assembly Complex,
Abuja.

The Hon. Speaker,
House of Representatives,
National Assembly Complex,
Abuja.

IJAW DEMAND FOR TORU-EBE STATE: PROTEST AGAINST THE INCLUSION OF OUR TERRITORIES

http://ihuanedo.ning.com/group/wazobiaisalienotnigeria/forum/topics/ijaws-of-delta-ondo-edo-demand-for-toru-ebe-state

Mister man, forget the silly propaganda!
I have been the most lenient by saying Southern Nigeria. Others will outright tell you something else!

As for those your immature insults. . . .laughable . . . small boy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar by jason123: 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
If, by omission or commision, we cant have southern Nigeria then, everyone answer ya papa name! Warri is not going to any SE! If you know like am, go hang! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

After DSS Arrest, IgbereTVNews.com now Blocked by Facebook; Anyalekwa Cries Out / $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors / Adeleke’s Sacking Of 1,500 Teachers Increased Out Of School Children - Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.