Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order (32313 Views)

60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release / Ibrahim Tanko Warns That Disobeying Court Orders Will Attract Grave Consequences / Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Nominated Gbajabiamila For Speaker, Disobeying PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Pityoobi: 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is a big scandal and a sad day for the rule of law. Elemefielele should be arrested immediately for contempt of court. Not ordinarily court but the Supreme Court for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Karemarealty288(m): 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
OYEDIPE:

All the stupid questions you've asked are yet to bring any answer towards economic recovery, progress and growth, rather they resonate your hatred for BAT and your shallower mindset.

I asked a simple and modest question.....no be fight... grin grin
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Agadinaagwuofe: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
backnbeta:
Emesiere is not the one taking the decisions; it's Bubu and his cabal. They already assured Emesiere yesterday at the villa that we can't do anything. Unfortunately, we can't do anything indeed

I really don't know why people fail to see this, but again I have come to understand human beings are fickle, all the people baying for Emefiele blood knew this is Buhari policy mandated on the CBN but they continuosly attack Emefiele simply because he is the soft target, all of them are scared of Buhari hence the unwarranted attack to Emefiele. I always ask if Buhari wasn't the person that is pushing the policy by now Emefiele won't have job but what is happening Buhari has mandated the AGF to go and defend the naira design in court. Nigeria politicians are cowards good only for melodrama, if it were in western world the politicians will be bold to call out the presidents but here many are scared to their panties but form "ultimate warrior" whenever they see less influential or powerless person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by MiaBeer(m): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nigerians will thank Emiefele later. There should be no vote buying in Nigeria.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by AtikuOkowa: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
rickleye:

How is FGN supreme. ? I would assume you a learned colleague with at least a B.sc
Legislative - Write the Law
Executive - Sign the law
Judiciary - effect the law

Nobody is above the law, except you are saying it doesn't apply here in Nigeria ?

Judiciary use/recognise the law

Millitary enforce/effect the law

Lets say Judiciary effect the law,the Executive will dump any law coming from Judge ASS
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by securitywatch50: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
None of them have an answer to your question
Karemarealty288:

Answer me these questions and I will vote Tinubu. Where is Tinubu’s state of origin, who is Tinubu’s father and just present one of his secondary school classmate. With the answers provided, i and my entire community will vote for Tinubu otherwise I remain Obidiently committed to voting the man whose origin is varifiable, the man whose flatmate became Sultan.
As you failed in Osun so shall it happen to you again in presidential election.

Obedient is better than sacrifice
We move eeeeeeeeee.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by ozimec(m): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:
My heartfelt pity goes to all these unrepentant Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins thinking their Grand Master of lies and deceit will rule this Country when an able bodied, intelligent, vibrant and well educated man who has travelled far and wide and also well experienced is on the same ballot shocked

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man who cannot be faulted in anyway, with his wealth of experience and all he has done for Nigeria and some Nigerians , Trust me my fellow youths, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the only man who has the capacity and energy to take this beautiful Country to greater heights and not Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins who are known for their false figures, lies and propaganda.

My fellow youths and all Nigerian students, now is the time to take back your Country and only Bola Ahmed Tinubu can do this for us .He is the best among the rest , he's the most experienced, the most energetic, the most compassionate,the most patriotic and the best man for the Job. He has fought tirelessly for this Country even back in the military regime.

Let's all vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President if you want the best for Nigeria

Bola Ahmed Tinubu deserves to be our President

My fellow youths rise up and shine

Shame on you! You are campaigning for your grand father to come and rule you. Smh
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by OKC22: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
The Supreme court lacks the power to dictate for a financial institution like the CBN because the central bank has the sole responsibility of governing the monetary and fiscal policies of Nigeria.The supreme court is not a financial institution and knows nothing about monetary policies.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by switlily25(f): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
obembet:
No body dey obey court again... Since Godwin Emefiele primary care election, he as been looking for a away to distroy APC same way Buhari did.

Anyway all this game is in favor of North. They want power remain with them by all means.

Anyway I prefer Atiku than Peter Obi. God will not allow Peter obi to win. Power must remain in a region where there unity not animal that distroyed them self on social media everyday.

Up till now, I never see where Atiku, kwankwaso openly insult Buhari despite his atrocities, they see themselves as one.

Atiku 2023
Likewise!
Atiku 2023!!!

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Aryor11(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:
My heartfelt pity goes to all these unrepentant Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins thinking their Grand Master of lies and deceit will rule this Country when an able bodied, intelligent, vibrant and well educated man who has travelled far and wide and also well experienced is on the same ballot shocked

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man who cannot be faulted in anyway, with his wealth of experience and all he has done for Nigeria and some Nigerians , Trust me my fellow youths, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the only man who has the capacity and energy to take this beautiful Country to greater heights and not Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins who are known for their false figures, lies and propaganda.

My fellow youths and all Nigerian students, now is the time to take back your Country and only Bola Ahmed Tinubu can do this for us .He is the best among the rest , he's the most experienced, the most energetic, the most compassionate,the most patriotic and the best man for the Job. He has fought tirelessly for this Country even back in the military regime.

Call on stupid youths like you. Ori Gbogbo yin buru
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by MasterShifu010(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Na Nigerians I blame , as a Nigerian , the last thing you should ever believe in this our country is that politicians have your interests at heart .
Bandits were kidnapping people along Abuja -kaduna road , they didn’t say anything until the attack escalated to the politicians themselves , how about hidden palliatives, ASSU strikes , including hunger that dealt mercilessly with the poor , most of the people speaking against this Naira redesign , check their statements within the last 7years , they would always justify it by saying , let me quote their popular saying “ I want you all to know that this problem is not peculiar to Nigeria , it is happening in other countries , it is a global thing “…
Why are they not using this lines now , after all Nigeria is not the only country that redesigned her currency , India did theirs in 2016 , mad people everywhere .
I acknowledge that people are suffering , but if politicians are condemning this bad policy , they should also have condemned other bad policies in the past .

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by stagger: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Femi Falana is wasting his time.

What was he expecting from a CBN governor who is a member of a government known to be a serial violator of court orders?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Emmy909: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
Same set of people that believe Buhari is Jubril from sudan will be brain washed with anything like it's ment to curb vote buying. grin

Guys the policy dumb ass one period

PointZerom:
grin

There's no going back if Yarimo like let him cry blood we no care.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
Karemarealty288:

Answer me these questions and I will vote Tinubu. Where is Tinubu’s state of origin, who is Tinubu’s father and just present one of his secondary school classmate. With the answers provided, i and my entire community will vote for Tinubu otherwise I remain Obidiently committed to voting the man whose origin is varifiable, the man whose flatmate became Sultan.

If he replies, I will vote for Tinubu also, let me know once he replies.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
ubest1:
Falana and some hoarders are our problem, more extension more troubles for Nigerian, since the last extension any change?

How are falana and some hoarders our problem?

Who are these hoarders?

Since the introduction of this new policy, have the lives of nigerians improved?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by PeterObi4LP: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
Femi Falana is MAD. Na today APC dey disobey court order? What change now?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by iyke2frankeze: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
The urchins were celebrating Federal Government disobeyed court order to release Nnamdi Kanu. What goes, around comes around.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Tflex01: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
socialmediaman:
Some riffraff below is urging his "fellow youths" to support a man who can barely understand what he says, for president. He's urging them to voluntarily take up chains and enslave themselves. You can't cure stupid!
I'm sure you are not talking about this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlnv_hqafZU
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by jowhyte(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Our democracy never mature reach like that. I think impeachment can only end the governorship level now in Nigeria. Not the presidency.

samonak:
Those cowards in the NASS should as a matter of national security get off their balls and institute Impeachment proceedings against Buhari before the entire country goes up in flames. Buhari's blatant disregard for the rule of law needs to checked with immediate alacrity. Dem need treat him fvck up, this impunity is becoming something else.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by PeterObi4LP: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:

Pity your riched and poor family.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by BigYash: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:

You are telling the youth to rise by voting for someone who campaigned tirelessly for APC in 2015. And the same APC succeeded in ruining Nigeria so badly. And this same idiot is still under the same party ,campaigning instead of him to be apologizing for deceiving his followers. Guy you be fool ,no apology at all.. You be big fool ,if you think APC or Bat is the solution to the problems we are having in this country..

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:

Who is Tinubu taking the country back from? Does Tinubu in APC want to take the country back from APC? grin cheesy is this not the greatest comedy of the century? grin cheesy

I thought Tinubu told us in 2015 and 2019.thst buhari is the only solution to Nigerias problems? How does he now want to take nigeria from buhari? cheesy

What has Tinubu done for Nigeria and nigerians? Apart from giving us the disaster called buhari, can you state what he has done for nigeria?

How did he fight tirelessly for the country under military regime? Is it not the same Tinubu that kola abiola told us went to beg abacha for ministerial position?

How is Tinubu "the best among the rest , the most experienced, the most energetic, the most compassionate,the most patriotic and the best man for the Job"?

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by samonak(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
sangresan:

Your parents have truly wasted money on your education...
Your own parents need to take you to a psychiatrist to have your head thoroughly examined. How in God's green earth can you advocate for a senile old man with serious credibility issues to preside over the affairs of over 200M people? Someone that cannot even subject himself to a debate or even answer simple questions from journalists, except those hand picked by him to answer innocuous and asinine questions.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Putinofrussia: 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Karemarealty288:

Tinubu is an orphan brought up by Alhaja Tinubu Mogaji of Lagos.
Meanwhile,nobody needs your votes and that of the other imps if they prefer to waste them.
Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria this 2023.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by brucelee29: 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
I read with disdain when some people are attacking Falana. I can see that their head is not standing on their neck.
What has he said that's wrong.
The naira redesign, is it to punish politicians or the masses? Majority of these politicians have these new money. So if it's because of the politicians, then BUHARI and Emefiele should bury their heads in shame because the politicians outsmarted them.
Secondly, the CBN printed #500 billion naira and old naira in circulation they've retrieved is over #2.1 trillion. More is still in circulation, which means it's more than the #2.1 trillion reported.

Is the policy meant to punish some politicians? Is Buhari' not burning the forest because he wants to kill a BAT?

The masses suffering is not in his agenda. The #50 that was changed by GEJ administration to mark Nigeria's fifty years of independence from paper to polymer, people never noticed if there was a change or not. The two were used interchangeably. When the old one gets to the bank, it'll get seized and sent to CBN.

Again, the #100 note was redisigned to mark Nigeria's centenary celebration. Till today, that money is still in circulation.
The UK just changed theirs from the face of the Late Queen to that of Prince Charles. People didn't notice because they're used in sync and gradually the old ones will be fizzled out.

The verdict of the Supreme court tomorrow will be for the old and the new naira notes ne used together untill CBN have enough new naira notes to go round without stress or hitch.

Meanwhile all those that know how to throw insults on people and supporting the on the 10th deadline, do you have the new naira note?
Is the Nigeria's e onomy moving forward or backward these last week's?
If you have the new naira notes in abundance like your insults suggests, then what's the difference between you and the politicians?
Are you

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by joba4luv: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
Where is this mugu when th said court started given a bias judgement? So he expect people to respect the same court that favour highest bidder in their judgement? Never Falana should think twice before blaming CBN
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:

What has Tinubu done for Nigeria?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by PeterObi4LP: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
Buhari have set the standard of not obeying court order and the incoming will follow suit. How can the judiciary free a prisoner for no case yet FG insist he must not be freed. How can the apex count said wait until you here from me on the 15th, yet FG disregard SC?

Tell me how do you want other countries to obey Nigeria court of law? As for the naira swap no going back. Buhari must disobey SC.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:

He will be the President of your Town union.

Nigeria's resources will not be used to babysit another senile grandfather.

APC would have had the national support LP is having today if they had fielded Osinbajo as their flag bearer.

We say no to old leaders in this digital age.

After all a senile Buhari put this nation through?
You should be ashamed of yourself
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by NofiuFade(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
The only language all Nigeria leaders understand is violent and we will surely give it to them!

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by PointZerom: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emmy909:
Same set of people that believe Buhari is Jubril from sudan will be brain washed with anything like it's ment to curb vote buying. grin

Guys the policy dumb ass one period

Is he not the only savior again grin grin grin grin
Allow him to save Yarimo and Madridguy in peace biko grin grin grin

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
brucelee29:
I read with disdain when some people are attacking Falana. I can see that their head is not standing on their neck.
What has he said that's wrong.
The naira redesign, is it to punish politicians or the masses? Majority of these politicians have these new money. So if it's because of the politicians, then BUHARI and Emefiele should bury their heads in shame because the politicians outsmarted them.
Secondly, the CBN printed #500 billion naira and old naira in circulation they've retrieved is over #2.1 trillion. More is still in circulation, which means it's more than the #2.1 trillion reported.

Is the policy meant to punish some politicians? Is Buhari' not burning the forest because he wants to kill a BAT?

The masses suffering is not in his agenda. The #50 that was changed by GEJ administration to mark Nigeria's fifty years of independence from paper to polymer, people never noticed if there was a change or not. The two were used interchangeably. When the old one gets to the bank, it'll get seized and sent to CBN.

Again, the #100 note was redisigned to mark Nigeria's centenary celebration. Till today, that money is still in circulation.
The UK just changed theirs from the face of the Late Queen to that of Prince Charles. People didn't notice because they're used in sync and gradually the old ones will be fizzled out.

The verdict of the Supreme court tomorrow will be for the old and the new naira notes ne used together untill CBN have enough new naira notes to go round without stress or hitch.

Meanwhile all those that know how to throw insults on people and supporting the on the 10th deadline, do you have the new naira note?
Is the Nigeria's e onomy moving forward or backward these last week's?
If you have the new naira notes in abundance like your insults suggests, then what's the difference between you and the politicians?
Are you

Oga, rest in Jesus name!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Is Nothing New In This Fabricated Bribery Claim, Jonathan Tells FG / Halima Sheriff And Ronnie Dankabo Wedding Photos / Buhari Says Obasanjo’s Letter Is Abusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.