Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll (22535 Views)

Tinubu, Peter Obi Most Impressive Nigerian Politicians Since 1999 – Sam Amadi / Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — New Survey Reveals | Tribune Online / Peter Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by BlazinGlory40: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
brainpulse:
You guys conduct and do polls yourselves that mostly Nigerians do not know or participate in and you write your results yourselves.

Why are you in hurry, Feb 25 is no longer far na. I like you guys as you always like fooling yourselves.

Why are you crying like a petulant child! Conduct your own poll na

1 Like

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by coconutbag: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Labout party is winning this election. The looters of Nigeria can now allow the country to thrive but they won't do that easily.

1 Like

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by BlazinGlory40: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mazisimonekpa:
No referendum no election in Biafraland

Mazi Simon Ekpa

You are a mad man
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Digitron: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

Lolz.... you mean a sample size of 774,000 people?

Lolz....again.

Bros, it means you know nothing of polling then. No polling sampling size can ever get to that level i.e it is impossible to do and even negates the very essense/reason of polling. Even in the U.S. where the population is almost twice ours, the sampling size is usually between 1000-3000 persons(Gallpoll usually uses just 1000 persons).

This is statistics. As long as the sample is weighted(to mirror the voting society) so that it is representative and is RANDOM, any increase in numbers would not affect the overall polling outcome. This is statistics 101.

I am not well versed with the methodology of this particular polling, altho i see that their sampling was both random and weighted, i will accept the outcome cos it aligns with ALL other polling done by EVERY polling organisation at various times within this election campaign cycle(some even repeated more than once). It is almost impossible in statistics for you to have different outcomes if different "experiments" is done repeatedly using similar methodology.

The highly expected last NOI/ANAP poll will not be different.

From a data perspective, Obi is expected to win the coming Presidential elections. What Obi and his supporters do with that is another matter entirely

I understand they are following standard polling criteria but Nigeria political space is too complex. Guys should do something different to come up with a polling method that captures our pecularities
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by franchasng: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
IDeyNL:
Expecting Tinubu's news outlets The Nation's and to come up with their own fake polls.
They will say their own poll is from Kapolo grin cheesy
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by MrEverest(m): 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
In that case, Labour Party and those hoping for a new dawn in Nigeria must look at ways to preempt Tinubu. This man has always used violence against opponents in their strongholds. So, there must be serious background efforts at stopping him.

The United States threat of Visa ban on instigators of violence is a welcome development but more needs to be done.

Also, Nigerian army has been helpful in mopping up hoodlums from Lagos, but something has to be done on others like Kabaka, Asari and Ekpa etc.

If Tinubu can cry like this over naira change, it should be expected that violence would be his Trump card.
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by socialmediaman: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
Digitron:
Even though I am a stunch Obedient and a firm believer that Obi will win, this poll is faulty.

Nigeria is too diverse to relly on a 1000 response to guage the mood of the nation. Any poll that wants to be taken seriously must gather data from at least 1000 people in each LGA which is about 774,000 people.

That is the only way to have a reliable poll

These are proven methods

Statistics over time and time again have revealed that you need to sample only a small percentage of the population (not more than 1,000 in most cases) for a result that will be about 95% accurate with a +3% or -3% margin of error.

The more people you poll, the more it shifts slightly within the same margin of error and there’s no gain because these numbers change everyday so you shouldn’t bother yourself with polling too many people, just poll the same number of people everyday in different cities and at different times of the day in different situations and platforms, there are rules you have to follow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by vickydevoka(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Ezeama400: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
isuomo:
My fear is once the results are declared, Obi supporters will turn violent. Obi will not win in the NE, NW, NC and SW, the SS will be split with PDP, i therefore see no pathway for him and i worry that all this phantom polls is just prepping his supporters for violence. It is so shameful that the above poll could not hide its bias, when it said if there is violence in SW it might affect Obi's votes...oh really!! so without violence Obi will win in SW? am just glad this shenanigans will be over in 11 days and either Tinubu or Atiku will be the next President.

I dare you to Conduct your own poll on your own media handle where your tribesmen are dominating let's see who wins
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by frugal(m): 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Thinkam:
Obi will drop out of the race latest February 23

Atiku is coming

Today na valentine, he wan dey with him wife, that's why he postpone am bro..

But 23rd latest, he will announce the withdrawal.

Atiku is coming

I knew you were a clown cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Eriokanmi: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Who no like beta tin
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by tunapawizzy: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
APC dey sell out for campaign ground..but polls dey reveal other parties.....who dey fool who.....
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by BraniacX(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Digitron:
Even though I am a stunch Obedient and a firm believer that Obi will win, this poll is faulty.

Nigeria is too diverse to relly on a 1000 response to guage the mood of the nation. Any poll that wants to be taken seriously must gather data from at least 1000 people in each LGA which is about 774,000 people.

they already admitted as much that the sample size is too small to draw genuine statistical data from, this is just for inference
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Digitron:

that is still not reliable self.. the clear situation is that labour party and Obi aren't going anywhere... It's between APC and PDP simple
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Mazisimonekpa(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
BlazinGlory40:

You are a mad man
onye nzuzu

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
Thinkam:
Obi will drop out of the race latest February 23

Atiku is coming

Today na valentine, he wan dey with him wife, that's why he postpone am bro..

But 23rd latest, he will announce the withdrawal.

Atiku is coming

You just day give Skunk prophecies.
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by pedologist(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

Lolz....again.

Bros, it means you know nothing of polling then. No polling sampling size can ever get to that level i.e it is impossible to do and even negates the very essense/reason of polling. Even in the U.S. where the population is almost twice ours, the sampling size is usually between 1000-3000 persons(Gallpoll usually uses just 1000 persons).

This is statistics. As long as the sample is weighted(to mirror the voting society) so that it is representative and is RANDOM, any increase in numbers would not affect the overall polling outcome. This is statistics 101.

I am not well versed with the methodology of this particular polling, altho i see that their sampling was both random and weighted, i will accept the outcome cos it aligns with ALL other polling done by EVERY polling organisation at various times within this election campaign cycle(some even repeated more than once). It is almost impossible in statistics for you to have different outcomes if different "experiments" is done repeatedly using similar methodology.

From a data perspective, Obi is expected to win the coming Presidential elections. What Obi and his supporters do with that is another matter entirely

The US polls u mentioned is also faulty and unreliable.
U mean the Poll that shows Hillary Clinton winning by Landslide that she end up losing 3 Blue wall states or just recently during midterm election when the Polls forecast Red Tsunami but Democrats not only maintain Senate Majority but even gained One seat and lost House by handful of seats.
This pollers are either too partisan, ignorant or doesn't understand Nigeria
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
topmarks:
una never know anything
lessons will be learnt

No be by lessons will be learnt. No rig. Nigeria has graduated from Criminalities. Let the election be free and fair , make we see if your god will win elections.

all these plenty english for 5000 naira and 4 onions, then sit on your head for another 8 years.
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by premierlead: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
We no dey give shishi and our tool is not poverty, money and penury

1 Like

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by tolexy007(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
madapcmod:
Obi dust them again in another poll, but these urchins will not hear.

When Buhari won GEJ, it was obvious to all BC almost all polls was won by Buhari and the feeling was all over the country. It's about repeating itself, but these 30k per month wretched urchins don't want to accept the reality.

25th February is not far again

The only wey dey can beat Obi during the election is by Vote buying

1 Like

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by koboko69: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

Lolz....again.

Just so you know. The gallup polls and other polls predicted a blue wave in 2020 elections and a red wave in 2022 elections. Non of them happened.
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by koboko69: 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
pedologist:

U mean the Poll that shows Hillary Clinton winning by Landslide that she end up losing 3 Blue wall states or just recently during midterm election when the Polls forecast Red Tsunami but Democrats not only maintain Senate Majority but even gained One seat and lost House by handful of seats.

I just quoted the guy and told him something similar
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by JoeNL22(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
Digitron:

That's not a poll, it's an election.....😂😂
You don't need to sample every LGA to know the heartbeat of the people. Just look for a popular location and do your survey. E.g ICM in IKEJA, people from all over the state goes there everyday. So you can do you polls there for 3 months and still get the opinions of people within and across the state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by nameo: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
pedologist:

No, Sir.

Polls are not exact science. They were never meant to be. They are only indicative. They are scientific projections based on actual collected data from well sampled persons which SHOULD be representative of the society.

It is not exact science cos, amongst other things, the final outcome depend on human behaviour. Foŕ example, if people told you they will come out to vote during sampling but a lot of them do not during actual voting for a plethora of reasons, the outcome of the polls may tilt.

By the way, that Hillary/Trump as well as the recent Mid-terms that some persons usually quote, the polls actually indicated a tight race which means, again based on human behaviour prevalent during the actual elections, the outcome could tilt.

But it is significant like i said before that ALL scientific polls done so far is tilting towards a newbie consistently. That is very indicative. That does not mean he will necessarily win the elections cos polls said so.

That was why i said, Obi and his supporters can now do anything they want with the data

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by wonlasewonimi77: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
The monopoly of Nairaland is finaaly over
Jaftee47: Monopoly of Nairaland is finally over

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by nameo: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
koboko69:

Just so you know. The gallup polls and other polls predicted a blue wave in 2020 elections and a red wave in 2022 elections. Non of them happened.

I have responded to this.

See my last comment above
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by MiaBeer(m): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Babaibe:

Have you ever had of the organization prior to this time. Many are mushroom bodies sponsored by Obi and his cohort. Feb is here, so relax and wait for the real poll.
You will be shocked and disappointed. Nigerians have woken up. It’s not even in Obi’s hands anymore but your cluelessness won’t set you free.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Babaibe: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
MiaBeer:

You will be shocked and disappointed. Nigerians have woken up. It’s not even in Obi’s anymore but your cluelessness won’t set you free.

Only the daft and gullible Peter Obi followers will consider this nonsense as threat.
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by Shikini: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
It is well
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by MiaBeer(m): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Babaibe:

Only the daft and gullible Peter Obi followers will consider this nonsense as threat.
You’re more daft because shame won’t let you tell us who you’re supporting. That’s what chameleons do. Obi is not your problem but laziness and ignorance. Continue with your half baked mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by koboko69: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

No, Sir.

Polls are not exact science. They were never meant to be. They are only indicative. They are scientific projections based on actual collected data from well sampled persons which SHOULD be representative of the society.

It is not exact science cos, amongst other things, the final outcome depend on human behaviour. Foŕ example, if people told you they will come out to vote during sampling but a lot of them do not during actual voting for a plethora of reasons, the outcome of the polls may tilt.

By the way, that Hillary/Trump as well as the recent Mid-terms that some persons usually quote, the polls actually indicated a tight race which means, again based on human behaviour prevalent during the actual elections, the outcome could tilt.

But it is significant like i said before that ALL scientific polls done so far is tilting towards a newbie consistently. That is very indicative. That does not mean he will necessarily win the elections cos polls said so.

That was why i said, Obi and his supporters can now do anything they want with the data

The poll predicted a red wave in the mid term elections not a tight race. It predicted a tight one for senate which was glaring to every one even to the minority leader Mitch. That was due to poor candidates being pushed by Trump. Even at that, they still.predicted that GOP may be majority in the senate with maybe a lead with one or two.
Re: Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll by MiaBeer(m): 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Babaibe:
stupid poll by unrecognized organization
So, what’s next for you? Keep collecting those tickets for Mc Oluomo whose kids are all overseas. Trade away your life for a few brooms and recharge cards. That’s your destiny not ours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Gave Up On Nigerian Elections After June 12 Annulment - Pete Edochie / 2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC / Invasion Of Nigerian Communities: Soldiers Storm Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.