Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (29412 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices / Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by ExAngel007(f): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
They made bonfires of disused tyres on both sides of the highway causing serious traffic gridlock.

Following the ongoing Naira scarcity, aggrieved Nigerians on Tuesday shut the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway at the Sango-Ota axis to protest their inability to withdraw money from Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).

They made bonfires of disused tyres on both sides of the highway causing serious traffic gridlock.

Some of the protesters told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the current cash crunch had created serious pains and agonising moments.

The leader of
the protesters, Mr Kazeem Sanni described the situation where bank customers could not access their money as unfortunate.

He said it had been double jeopardy for bank customers as the banks would neither load their ATMs with money nor allow depositors into the banking halls to make withdrawals.

CBN already instructed banks to load their ATMs with cash and to also allow depositors to withdraw a maximum of N20,000 across the counter.

“The situation is really pathetic as this has grounded and paralysed business activities,’’ Sanni lamented.

“We decided to demonstrate to show our grievances as we can no longer bear this. hardship, ’’ he stressed.

He called on the CBN to urgently print more new notes and. ensure that banks comply with its directives.

A protester, Mr Rotimi Odubanjo, noted that the inability to. withdraw money from banks had inflicted untold discomfort. on the people.

“We need the Federal Government to come to our assistance and ease this cash and fuel scarcity,’’ he said.

He said the twin scarcity of fuel and money had crippled. economic activities and was leading to hunger.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/14/cash-crunch-protesters-shut-down-lagos-abeokuta-expressway/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Zonefree(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
"The leader of the protesters, Mr Kazeem Sanni"

Tinubu and his urchins go protest tire. On CBN mandate we stand, No going back.

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN
God bless sane Nigerians.

Shame on urchins and their principal!

179 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Timoleon(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
This design change exercise has been a poorly executed exercise. For a country largely dependent on cash and especially with a large chunk of the populace without bank accounts, the time frame for phasing out of the old note was arbitrarily short. The masses are bearing most of the brunt.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by AfricanColumbus: 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Naira Redesign Policy: 3 Things Nigerians Need From The CBN Now(Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e6xKkbSuu4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by a4cube: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Your family needs you more than the politicians that are using you.

22 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by illuminutty: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Politicians at work...

Don't allow yourselves to be used as tools and agents of destruction by politicians. This artificial scarcity is caused by greedy POS operators and politicians.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by peculiar2233: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
APC has finished Nigeria totally.
Nigerians should vote right this time.
Vote Peter Obi!
Vote Labor Party!!

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Quelme: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
So this Naira scarcity is not even affecting Tinubu?

I thought the policy is actually because of Tinubu.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Update from bank on the rejection of old naira notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpBzWP2tLbw
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by salbis(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Evil must not succeed.

VOTE WISELY!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by nazicartel(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lol
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Zonefree(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
a4cube:
Your family needs you more than the politicians that are using you.
Don't mind the fools.

11 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Hezzyluv: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2023

I knew it will get to this level. You get money for bank you no fit use am no be juju be that

Use USSD at your own peril

9 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by olisefom: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
You don't even know if to support or not support them. People are suffering. Businesses are losing money.

13 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by socialmediaman: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
A good Prayer to somebody is May Nigeria never happen to you. embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by iwaeda: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
ExAngel007:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/14/cash-crunch-protesters-shut-down-lagos-abeokuta-expressway/

APC urchins disrupting the peace of the nation. Hope all the security outfits are there to quench the riot. grin grin grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by DennisEche(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
smiley
PMB Should order shoot at sight order for any miscreants aka urchins seen destabilizing our peaceful atmosphere

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by princeade86(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Them go give u language u understand

3 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by wethebest(m): 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tinubu slaves. Make una tell una master to return all stolen money in his possession to cbn. After election, u all will see new notes to eat as u like. For now, the old note is no longer a legal tender in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by azpekuliar: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Timoleon:
This design change exercise has been a poorly executed exercise. For a country largely dependent on cash and especially with a large chunk of the populace without bank accounts, the time frame for phasing out of the old note was arbitrarily short. The masses are bearing most of the brunt.

The policy is here to stay sir.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by princeade86(m): 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:
"The leader of the protesters, Mr Kazeem Sanni"

Tinubu and his urchins go protest tire. On CBN mandate we stand, No going back.

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN
God bless sane Nigerians.

Shame on urchins and their principal!
we stand gidigba oooooo. Lol.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Hezzyluv: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
wethebest:
Tinubu boys. Make una tell una

You think it's all about Tinubu Bois?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by NofiuFade(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
That’s the only language they understand! The CBN new policy will only caused serious chaos nd violence, it not funny at all

CBN need to be school by other advanced financial institutions because this your new policy simply mean you are going to counterfeit many Nigerians hard earn funds and nobody around here will take it likely with you people!

6 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Timoleon(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
What will still go on?
azpekuliar:

but it will still go on
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Faiththatworks(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
Financial Terrorist, currency kidnapper, Financial bandit Emefiele, you will suffer all.the hardship you are causing Nigerians aided by Baba Buhari.
I don't understand why this Satanic,clueless Emefiele can't listen to the Voice of the Masses.
He's behaving like Pharoah of Egypt who refused to listen to the voice of Moses.
At least even if it's only old 200 currency that can still be left in circulation I'm sure it will ease the suffering of the people a bit.
Today I bought 1000 from my account for 200 as I can never pay any money seller 1000 for withdrawing 5000 from Account.
Emefiele the fire you have started in Nigeria will end up consuming you if you refuse to heed to the cries of the masses.
For the hypnotized Obi supporters,you are the craziest,maddest,most baffonic cretins in Nigeria,I daresay your intelligence and education is a waste.
How can any sane Nigerian support the terrorist Emefiele to keep confiscating the currency cos he will stop vote buying.
Can't you see the votes have now become very very cheap to buy now that there's no currency in the hands of the very very poor masses.
If I was planning to use 1 billion to buy votes as a politican,I'm sure I will get the same votes for 100m or less now cos of this stupid policy.
I'm beginning to think Alh El-Rufai was right about the interim govt arrangements of the crazed cabal around Baba Buhari.
God bless Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by azpekuliar: 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
Timoleon:
What will still go on?

The redesign policy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Zulum500: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Fake news 🤣😁🤣🤣😁
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by princeade86(m): 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
xamjoe:
I can vividly remember all the songs that were sang in the old days, they were just like prophecies which are happening now.
From,

African China - " Mr President"
Fela - Majority of his songs
Eedris - "Nigeria Jagajaga ".

I just think about this songs and I can't help but to cry for Nigeria.
black face: hard life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[BUHARINOMICS] Is 1983 About To Repeat Itself? By Nairametrics / APC Members Hold Walk For Tinubu And Other APC Candidates In Kwara State / 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.