Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (29439 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices / Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Reference(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Violence will always be the purview of the ignorant.
These people jumping up and down have elected representatives supposedly answerable to them....
And these representatives HAVE THE POWER to check the Executive right up to removing a sitting President.

But they have lived through, willingly given up their rights and many times have ignorantly promoted mere men to become tin gods, the gods that no longer listen to them, the gods that they no longer can control.

Folks, it is not leaders who can build bridges and railways, dole out stipends to feed your kids in school, promise heaven and earth... no.
It is the man or woman that fears and respects you, that knows how democracy works, that is willing to build and promote institutions over and above himself, his desires and ambitions and respects the rule of law.

That is the man or woman to empower to lead.
And even then such a leader must be watched diligently like a hawk and leashed like a wild bronco.
After this regime and 7 years of trial, Nigerians should be totally fed up with autocracy.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by modernWays: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:
"The leader of the protesters, Mr Kazeem Sanni"

Tinubu and his urchins go protest tire. On CBN mandate we stand, No going back.

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN
God bless sane Nigerians.

Shame on urchins and their principal!

Some of you idiots including Obi don't know how to play politics at all. I wonder if you people have brains to think at all. I ought not to say this, but it pains me when I see dull people who cannot take up bright opportunities giving to them.

Let put his ignoramus supporters aside, a smart presidential candidate would have use this opportunity to win the heart of masses to his side by condemning APC as a party. It baffle me how Obi by now has not used all his energy to condemned wrong implementation of this policy and fight for the masses.

Common sense should have told him that at this point, you don't assume people in the same party are fighting one another, it could be a political game. Instead, he should have condemned the totality of its implementation and hardship it brought on people, he should've champion or lead the fight on behalf of the masses. It is foolish of him to think presidency or cabals are fighting Tinubu or wanted to curb votes buying. It is so foolish of him to think only way Tinubu can win election is by vote buying. It is also foolish of him to think all youths are with him. Who told you guys that Tinubu don't have millions of loyal supporters and youths who will never demand a dime from him before casting their votes for him?

Politics is not by assumptions or emotions, it is purely practical. To win the heart of masses, you should always ready to be at their side. Now his inexperience political approach has even draw more people, especially from South west to Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by azpekuliar: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Timoleon:
I don’t think you read my post. To argue just dey hungry you. Did I insinuate the policy won’t stay? I simply said it’s not a well executed one: meaning that the policy is in operation. Go front go find person wey wan Dey exchange world with you.

…but there’s nothing in my post that suggests I wanted to argue na grin
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by owunabastard: 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
Unless you are feigning ignorance, Obi has condemned the hardship of these currency scarcity and has advised CBN to produce new notes for the masses
modernWays:

Some of you idiots including Obi don't know how to play politics at all. I wonder if you people have brains to think at all. I ought not to say this, but it pains me when I see dull people who cannot take up bright opportunities giving to them.

Let put his ignoramus supporters aside, a smart presidential candidate would have use this opportunity to win the heart of masses to his side by condemning APC as a party. It baffle me how Obi by now has not used all his energy to condemned wrong implementation of this policy and fight for the masses.

Common sense should have told him that at this point, you don't assume people in the same party are fighting one another, it could be a political game. Instead, he should have condemned the totality of its implementation and hardship it brought on people, he should've champion or lead the fight on behalf of the masses. It is foolish of him to think presidency or cabals are fighting Tinubu or wanted to curb votes buying. It is so foolish of him to think only way Tinubu can win election is by vote buying. It is also foolish of him to think all youths are with him. Who told you guys that Tinubu don't have millions of loyal supporters and youths who will never demand a dime from him before casting their votes for him?

Politics is not by assumptions or emotions, it is purely practical. To win the heart of masses, you should always ready to be at their side. Now his inexperience political approach has even draw more people, especially from South west to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by samuelson06(m): 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
illuminutty:
Politicians at work...

Don't allow yourselves to be used as tools and agents of destruction by politicians. This artificial scarcity is caused by greedy POS operators and politicians.

Look at you talking nonsense. How's common POS operators the cause of naira scarcity? You talk like you don't know them. Are the POS operators not also hustling for the naira like you do?

This is how you guys said abokifx com was the cause of the naira rising against the dollar. After shutting the site, has the naira improved against the dollar?
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Deoo1125: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
So u know ur quote is been screen munch, for records.

Zonefree:

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
illuminutty:
Politicians at work...

Don't allow yourselves to be used as tools and agents of destruction by politicians. This artificial scarcity is caused by greedy POS operators and politicians.

Okay we have heard you.

So who gave the Politicians and the POS Operators the money?
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Winneepye: 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
If you believe that Tinubu is in support of this protest then it is very funny. He rather not have any protests so that the election will not be postponed. He knows he is the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria why would he want to destruct election timetable.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by a4cube: 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
Backlaw406:

You people sit at the comfort of your house to yarn rubbish. Go there and tell them what you're saying here and see if you gonna leave there alive. Don't worry, it would soon reach you when you exhausted all the money you frauduently amassed. Wicked, selfish and tribalist set of people. Just because of Tinubu, poor masses should be suffering with their hard earned labour. You people should fear God o.
Rant of an agbadorian, all air no substance. Why should I go there? I don't go to such places. Its meant for low lifers like you. Most of the thugs disturbing the peace of the neighbourhood don't even have any money in their accounts if at all they have account.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by TheSameGuy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2023
Where are you getting your own cash from please since you're all pleased with this nonsense policy
Zonefree:

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by ikpumbe(m): 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Financial Terrorist, currency kidnapper, Financial bandit Emefiele, you will suffer all.the hardship you are causing Nigerians aided by Baba Buhari.
I don't understand why this Satanic,clueless Emefiele can't listen to the Voice of the Masses.
He's behaving like Pharoah of Egypt who refused to listen to the voice of Moses.
At least even if it's only old 200 currency that can still be left in circulation I'm sure it will ease the suffering of the people a bit.
Today I bought 1000 from my account for 200 as I can never pay any money seller 1000 for withdrawing 5000 from Account.
Emefiele the fire you have started in Nigeria will end up consuming you if you refuse to heed to the cries of the masses.
For the hypnotized Obi supporters,you are the craziest,maddest,most baffonic cretins in Nigeria,I daresay your intelligence and education is a waste.
How can any sane Nigerian support the terrorist Emefiele to keep confiscating the currency cos he will stop vote buying.
Can't you see the votes have now become very very cheap to buy now that there's no currency in the hands of the very very poor masses.
If I was planning to use 1 billion to buy votes as a politican,I'm sure I will get the same votes for 100m or less now cos of this stupid policy.
I'm beginning to think Alh El-Rufai was right about the interim govt arrangements of the crazed cabal around Baba Buhari.
God bless Nigeria

Your crying is just starting..we love it
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by boxypane(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN

And you think this unprepared menace by the CBN is the right move.
I've made countless business related transfers today and they've all failed. And not enough cash to do business. Make una dey try see past una nose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by modernWays: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
owunabastard:
Unless you are feigning ignorance, Obi has condemned the hardship of these currency scarcity and has advised CBN to produce new notes for the masses

Yea he does with both side or his mouth. In the game of politics, you don't find excuses for the bad implemented policy that inflected pains on the masses you want to win to your side by opposition party.

If obi is serous about this, most of his interviews and campaigns should've been centered around this and APC bad governance (especially now that election is few days to go). This would've giving masses new hope in him, it would've shows them he is the right man that stood by them. Just like Tinubu did, the statement like "please my people, we know they are bad government that is always ready to inflict pains on you, please endure for the moment and vote them out, when we get there, we will correct the abnormalities'. His statements would've been excepted well than Tinubu who is also part of APC.

But the believes that Buhari/CBN is doing this to curb vote buying or stop Tinubu had prevent him and majority of his supporters to reason from different angle.

Obi should've ask himself these 3 questions;

1. What if all is political games.

2. What gave me assurance that this man cannot win without vote buying.

3. What gave me assurance that all youths are on my side.

Tinubu is my choice in this election but if he can't have it, please God let Obi have it.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by BreconHills(m): 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
azpekuliar:

The redesign policy

It won't go on. It has already failed. It doesnt need to be cancelled. Two currencies are running side by side.

Do you see anyone depositing new notes in banks? The banks can't function because every new naira they dispense does not return to the bank.

This is not a problem for Tinunbu. In fact it has played into his hands. The guy is now running as an independent - APC candidate having been the only candidate to speak out well in advance of the naira crisis debacle are now witnessing.

It could have been a rerun election. Now it's a straight home run for him. They've helped harden his vote and blocked the pathway for Obi and Atiku.

Most Obi supporters are talking to themselves ( echo chamber effect). This is exactly what happened to the PDP in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
xamjoe:
I can vividly remember all the songs that were sang in the old days, they were just like prophecies which are happening now.
From,

African China - " Mr President"
Fela - Majority of his songs
Eedris - "Nigeria Jagajaga ".

I just think about this songs and I can't help but to cry for Nigeria.

The Prophecies are not happening yet.

What is currently happening is a Tip of an Ice-Berg, I mean Just Rehearsal. Many people still dey build New Houses, dey drive Lexus, Benz, Toyota et all, Lodge and Lounge still dey full, Fast Food nko? Shopping Mall isn't left out.

When the Real Prophecies and Real Shows begins to Unfold Infact many people will see Sand, They will soak It with water and drink.

I will be thousand Miles away from the Territory then and watching from Garden Of Eden.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by AFONJACOW(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
They will still vote apc.. so let them continue
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by RotimiBliss: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Financial Terrorist, currency kidnapper, Financial bandit Emefiele, you will suffer all.the hardship you are causing Nigerians aided by Baba Buhari.
I don't understand why this Satanic,clueless Emefiele can't listen to the Voice of the Masses.
He's behaving like Pharoah of Egypt who refused to listen to the voice of Moses.
At least even if it's only old 200 currency that can still be left in circulation I'm sure it will ease the suffering of the people a bit.
Today I bought 1000 from my account for 200 as I can never pay any money seller 1000 for withdrawing 5000 from Account.
Emefiele the fire you have started in Nigeria will end up consuming you if you refuse to heed to the cries of the masses.
For the hypnotized Obi supporters,you are the craziest,maddest,most baffonic cretins in Nigeria,I daresay your intelligence and education is a waste.
How can any sane Nigerian support the terrorist Emefiele to keep confiscating the currency cos he will stop vote buying.
Can't you see the votes have now become very very cheap to buy now that there's no currency in the hands of the very very poor masses.
If I was planning to use 1 billion to buy votes as a politican,I'm sure I will get the same votes for 100m or less now cos of this stupid policy.
I'm beginning to think Alh El-Rufai was right about the interim govt arrangements of the crazed cabal around Baba Buhari.
God bless Nigeria

Thank you bro
Obi supporters are very myopic, the said politicians are even the ones that have unhindered access to the new notes thru corrupt bank managers. How many politicians have we seen queuing at the ATMs. The joke is on us. They played us well. Vote buying just become very cheap. May we receive sense by force. I like Obi & his concepts but his supporters should wise up.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by azpekuliar: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
BreconHills:

It won't go on. It has already failed. It doesnt need to be cancelled. Two currencies are running side by side.

Do you see anyone depositing new notes in banks? The banks can't function because every new naira they dispense does not return to the bank.

This is not a problem for Tinunbu. In fact it has played into his hands. The guy is now running as an independent - APC candidate having been the only candidate to speak out well in advance of the naira crisis debacle are now witnessing.

It could have been a rerun election. Now it's a straight home run for him. They've helped harden his vote and blocked the pathway for Obi and Atiku.

Most Obi supporters are talking to themselves ( echo chamber effect). This is exactly what happened to the PDP in 2015.

You are at liberty to travel to Kaduna/Kano after the 17th to spend your old notes in peace. While on your way there don’t forget to stop by the Bank of the Supreme Court to deposit/withdraw some more old notes.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by AdaojoTheUrchin: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kazeem Sanni the Esin Imale' Thiefnubuuist should leave the road with fellow urchins. Our soldiers no dey smile o.

Collect Thiefnubuu's bribe but don't let that bribe cost your life.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by wonlasewonimi77: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is best news i am seeing today
dipoley2k82: With the seriousness of Obidients, they might just win the election

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by BreconHills(m): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
azpekuliar:

You are at liberty to travel to Kaduna/Kano after the 17th to spend your old notes in peace. While on your way there don’t forget to stop by the Bank of the Supreme Court to deposit/withdraw some more old notes.

The intent of the naira confiscation has failed - in correct order below

1. Hobble Tinubu's campaign - FAILED
2. Wipe away all evidence of ways and means printing - FAILED
3. Reduce money supply - FAILING
4. Reduce pressure on fx to force down USD rates - FAILED

If a man drives his car at full speed against an oak tree. Has he succeeded? Yes - in ruining his car.

Action is nothing, consequence is everything.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Backlaw406(m): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
a4cube:
Rant of an agbadorian, all air no substance. Why should I go there? I don't go to such places. Its meant for low lifers like you. Most of the thugs disturbing the peace of the neighbourhood don't even have any money in their accounts if at all they have account.

Werey, shebi na money your father stole you dey buga. Don't worry it would soon exhausted as I've said earlier when the economy crumble and recession set in, that time your eyes would clear.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Tom1960: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Pls vote for Tinubu, he will reverse the ill-timed policy on his first day in office.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN

Even when tries to follow Peter Obi, you make it impossible with you nonsensical disposition on what is making life hard for the common man. If Emefiele was Adewale you won't talk like this. Dumbwit!
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by deavicky(m): 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by AsianTotal: 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
peter obi is a vatican (catholic church) agenda. Most of the polls that are favorable to peter obi are done by foreign (western) media. The catholic church has a huge influence in the west (reason why the molestation of children by the catholic church was largely swept under the carpet). The reason they are ginning up peter obi's poll numbers even though he has no path to electoral victory is because the vatican intend to rig the election for peter obi by hacking inec's bvas system. That way, the same media will bamboozle the population by saying its not rigging since many polls show peter obi winning before the election.

INEC IS GOING TO BE HACKED. MARK MY WORDS. YOUR HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
olisefom:
You don't even know if to support or not support them. People are suffering. Businesses are losing money.

Since Obi supported this anarchy you have to support too nah. SEBI bad things are POssible as long as it will help Obi win
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by olisefom: 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
lansile:

Since Obi supported this anarchy you have to support too nah. SEBI bad things are POssible as long as it will help Obi win

Hope you aren't pained because of vote buying sha.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by oladeebo: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by midetinz(m): 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
The media will destroy this country with their nature of reportage.
I was at Otta axis today and what was shut down was JUST JOJU Junction, a subset of otta and NOT Lagos Abeokuta express way!!!!
Why enlarge or overhype a crisis situation that could escalate to shut down the whole nation or cause WAR by extension?
A lot of families had not even recovered fully from the Biafra war of 1967....what exactly do we stand to gain by heating up the polity with our beer parlor analysis? If you are tired of the country, either Japa or keel yourself and leave the lot that believe in a workable Nigeria....
My Tenkobo.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by maasoap(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

God bless Emefiele
God bless CBN

Call home and ask father and mother how far. They will tell you how pathetic Emefiele and Buhari have made their lives to become.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senatorial Campaign: Rochas Okorocha Welcomed In Orlu (Photos) / Ondo 2020: Pictures From PDP Governorship Primary Election / PDP not responsible for my performance, I will do well under any Party - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.