Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN (46905 Views)

CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Monday60655(m): 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
APC, this evil party cannot kill anybody before his/her time.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Lekan239(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ipob igbos are now losing faith in Obi. Seems Emefiele is thier new found messiah now.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by JOemmy(m): 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
So those who can't make the deposit before on the 17th their money will automatically become useless?
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by mayorkent(m): 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lols if tinibu wins this guy would just jejely relocate abroad
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Teenaira: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kimo21:

That is why you should have just deposited your money on friday to avoid all this stress...4 weeks process? Hian

Deposit your money and die of hunger with your family so that politician will not buy votes. Continue we are observing.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Godwin616: 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
Timoleon:
The process will take up to 4 weeks (with a chance that it’ll fail).
It will definitely fail. Poor planning and bad implementation will definately lead to it's failure. It's a big shame on Emefiele. We have never had it so bad like this before.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by yaki84: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
madridguy:
grin grin grin CBN you cannot fool us again.

U can still send ur cash to bourdillion avenue thru bullion van.

Make sure e no miss road enter oga house
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Blankstare:
Don't take so, awareness is fast growing among the poorest to stop the usage
As long as the new notes remain scarce, they will have no option but to continue the usage. Supermarkets can reject it, Okada man cannot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Kimo21(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
Teenaira:

Deposit your money and die of hunger with your family so that politician will not buy votes. Continue we are observing.

I deposit but I had like 5k because some people are still accepting the old notes while some are not but that's if two of you agree i just kept what i know i wont be afraid to lose
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
sad
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Teenaira: 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can CBN handle the flood of humans at their gates?

Whoever brought up solution should be killed. Height of stupidity and incompetence!

They are bent on creating chaos. We are looking and watching.

In Lagos as we speak, there will be more than 1 million Nigerians with the old currency. We will see how CBN wants to attend to a million people in 3 days.

How many CBN offices are in Nigeria by the way ?
I know they can't try this nonsense in the north.
Now for towns and villages in the south where there are even no commercial banks, how many miles will they travel to get to the nearest CBN office?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Teenaira: 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kimo21:

I deposit but I had like 5k because some people are still accepting the old notes while some are not but that's if two of you agree i just kept what i know i wont be afraid to lose

The persons you are giving old notes are they not Nigerians ? Are they supposed to lose their money because government does not want politician to buy votes ? We are just confirming that Nigeria is a failed state as we fail to take care of the vulnerable. I don't have old notes but I think we are just being unfair to the Nigerian Masses and I think this must stop at a point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by itsRhamzy: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
Elder4sure:
This people wan kill tinubu true true
Anything to frustrate the corrupt Bullion van BATS and RATS from buying the presidency is welcome 😀 grin he should count on his integrity and popularity to secure the seat instead.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by saysoo: 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Just see wetin sturborness dey cause.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by BreconHills(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
priceactionx:
I pity this guy. He should pray tinubu should not win (but sorry to say, as the looks now, he is the most favored among the contestants based on what is on ground) if not, his jail will be longer than kanu own especially if he is found guilty of working with bad elements in apc government.
The day he got apc nomination form and wanted to contest, i know many things is cooking up in this administration. Only few days from now will clearify his adrenaline rush that is making him to be abnormal.
People in Nigeria supporting this wrong timing think they are smart, but are seriously suffering to collect their remaining 2k from the bank with no hope, loosing business deals in empty stomachs because of failed transactions and network should be more worried.
And you think politicians wont be able to still buy votes? Una never chichomchin.
When the hunger hit yur head well during the election, you too will join them to sell your votes when you see new notes flying around and security agents looks away.
For naija wey i know, vote buying with the new currency will flow well. Thats just sad situations that likely happen.

You are correct. If anything the Naira crisis has increased the liklihood of vote buying not lessened it. It has created more vulnerable people that will see the money offered as a means of survival over flexing in a bar. Its completely wrong strategy. But you know when Bruce banner becomes the incredible hulk what he gains in strength he loses in sense. This is Emefiele's moment but it will be short lived. The same people that pushed him towards his ill fated Presidential run will be disappointed once again.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by acmilan4li(m): 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
Godwin Emefiele 🤔😤 you we be remembered. For all the pains you have put all Nigerians into. 🙏
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by stasius: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Teenaira:

Are you sure it is Tinubu they want to kill or the masses in the southern part of Nigeria including south east ?

People in the southeast have adapted and moved on. Lol.
Southaeasterners are resilient. Most of them have gone the cashless way.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Angelfrost(m): 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Good luck to anyone still holding onto large sums of old notes...!

Una eye go see something!
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Segzy19: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
So'pe otilo!

CbN wan carry us handicap

Your money go enter voicemail...
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Gehuno: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
BreconHills:

You are correct. If anything the Naira crisis has increased the liklihood of vote buying not lessened it. It has created more vulnerable people that will see the money offered as a means of survival over flexing in a bar. Its completely wrong strategy. But you know when Bruce banner becomes the incredible hulk what he gains in strength he loses in sense. This is Emefiele's moment but it will be short lived. The same people that pushed him towards his ill fated Presidential run will be disappointed once again.
stop blaming Emefiele, you shit of a sconderer. Why are you scared of blaming Buhari? Oooo he may come for your dirty head. Rogue like you leave the president and blame Emefiele. Is Emefiele the one that caused fuel scarcity too? your hate for Emefiele will only kill you and that evil tifnubu.
It will never be well with you and Tunubu> MUMU, cow like you
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by maasoap(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
shakol91:
Nice initiative.. I'm for anything to curb vote buying. The damage vote buying is doing is more than the challenges we are facing right now.

Your issue is not different from that of MMM participants at the time. All warnings and advices to make them see the danger fell on deaf ears until they saw the scam with their own eyes. By that time, it was too late.
Only morons would agree with CBN punishing over 200 million citizens because of the excuse that they want to curb vote buying. One has to be totally brainwashed to believe that.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Kimo21(m): 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
Teenaira:

The persons you are giving old notes are they not Nigerians ? Are they supposed to lose their money because government does not want politician to buy votes ? We are just confirming that Nigeria is a failed state as we fail to take care of the vulnerable. I don't have old notes but I think we are just being unfair to the Nigerian Masses and I think this must stop at a point.

You're blaming me like I'm the CBN governor...if you read my statement again I said "if two of you agree" on it because whether we like it or not it's no longer a legal tender and most people are not collecting it again...filling stations and shops are definitely rejecting it.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by UNDFTD: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
SCAM! SCAM!! SCAM!!! Nigerians have become easy prey to scam artists including their own government. What a shame and a disgrace!
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Kimo21(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
maasoap:

Your issue is not different from that of MMM participants at the time. All warnings and advices to make them see the danger fell on deaf ears until they saw the scam with their own eyes. By that time, it was too late.
Only morons would agree with CBN punishing over 200 million citizens because of the excuse that they want to curb vote buying. One has to be totally brainwashed to believe that.

The main problem now is these bank managers that are hoarding this notes...some of them are being arrested as you can see because instead of them to load them in the atm they are selling them to the highest bidder...we Nigerians are basically are own problems yet we go ahead to blame the leaders...the policy it self is not the problem
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by kennyniyi: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
It's such a terrible time to be a Nigerian
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by BreconHills(m): 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
Gehuno:
stop blaming Emefiele, you shit of a sconderer. Why are you scared of blaming Buhari? Oooo he may come for your dirty head. Rogue like you leave the president and blame Emefiele. Is Emefiele the one that caused fuel scarcity too? your hate for Emefiele will only kill you and that evil tifnubu.
It will never be well with you and Tunubu> MUMU, cow like you

Emefiele is the CBN governor, the man with the supposed expertise. The expert so called in monetary policy. He is called upon to advise the President. I do blame the President for relying on a man who was Jim Ovias lackey at Zenith. I do blame him for not consulting widely but it was sold to him as a reincarnation of his 1984 currency change which happened in just one week. He was told it needed to be hush hush and quick...oh dear.

Sadly he didn't know that Emefiele would withdraw 2 trillion plus, print 800 bn and reinsert 300 bn into a 250 rltrilluon economy! He didn't know that Emefiele was that incompetent. Who would imagine that a man like that could fail to understand the difference between demonetization and naira confiscation.

Who could imagine that the man would confiscate all denominations including the 100 naira note not included in the exercise which would have buffered the poor and daily paid.

Emefiele is incompetent. Buhari is unwise but guess what buhari future is in a village in Daura - where will Emefiele live afterwards? In lagos or Abuja?

If you are not a teenager which you may well be, you would realise that pre election fuel scarcity has been with us since 1999.

He has handed this election to Tinubu on a plate. That's what happens when you aren't very clever.

1 Like

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by loswhite(m): 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tayorshd2:
I guess there is going to be another riot or protest too like endsars but this one will be endbanks grin
You will start the riot from your bedroom...lol
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by loswhite(m): 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can CBN handle the flood of humans at their gates?

Whoever brought up solution should be killed. Height of stupidity and incompetence!
The flood of humans should have deposited earlier.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by loswhite(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Olachase:
you no con wise they can still share the old money on election day and the receiver will take it to CBN for exchange
Dunce....Deadline is 17th.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by loswhite(m): 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Babinski:

Emefiele is playing... His tenure ends next month and he is risking an ignominious and shameful end to his tenure.
You don't even know when his tenure is ending and you are typing thrash disgracing yourself...These are clowns expected to vote leaders later this month
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by loswhite(m): 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
shakol91:
and u weh u wise didn't bother to read the window period. Abeg use your opolo
Na wise dunce
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Bimpe29: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
We have seen it all. The stress and hardship aren't worthwhile over one's hard earned money. May this kind of hitch never be experienced by all and sundry again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

70 Igbo Billionaires To Turn The East To An Industrial Hub / Ladipo Market Is On Fire: Pictures & Video / Throwback Photo Of Folorunso Alakija In 1973 As A Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.