Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN (46887 Views)

CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by integrity16(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
Fake news, who signed the letter?
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by musazulyadain: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
Infact these guys are not serious
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by IbroMaka(m): 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Hire me to do this process for you with a little reward.

Check my signature!
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Geekop: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
So where are the new notes
New notes are very scarce and you still need cash to pay for some stuff. How do you want people to go about this??
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by kennyniyi: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
I tire o
Plenty people go trek go their polling unit next week Saturday when Dem no see money to eat not to talk of transport
Geekop:
So where are the new notes
New notes are very scarce and you still need cash to pay for some stuff. How do you want people to go about this??
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by iswallker(m): 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
[s]
nlfpmod:
GUIDELINES TO DEPOSIT OLD NGN1000, NGN500 AND NGN200 NOTES AT THE CBN

• Please note that this is a Cash Deposit Program not a Cash Swap Program.

You will not be issued new notes In exchange for old notes, instead your bank account will be credited after your account is validated by law enforcement.

This process may take up to 4 weeks.

• If the validation of account turns out negative, the Bank will return the deposited notes

• Third party deposits are not allowed, The account information provided must be that of the depositor.

• Members of the public are required to complete an online application form and generate a reference number before coming to the CON.

Where a customer did not pre-fill their form, he/she will be given the opportunity to fill the form at the Branch.

• The Cash Deposit Window Is open to the public from February 15 — 17, 2023 between 9am to 2pm daily.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Reference cede generated from completed online application form fill on CBN Portal.

2 An active Deposit money Bank account e.g. Access, Zenith, GT, Keystone Banks.

3. A bank Verification Number (BVN)

4. A valid Federal Government issued identity card (NIN, Driver's License, Voters Card, International Passport).

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7568338/old-naira-notes-no-longer
[/s]

FAKE NEWS DESIGNED TO INCITE THE POPULACE AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by just2endowed: 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Beremx:
He's not ready to sell his product. I am sure he's having low turnout of customers. He thinks he's the only one who sells chicken. Give him time and you will see how his business crumbles

You are right, but there are some categories of business that can decide to go cashless if they want but financial literacy is an issue in Nigeria.

Remember we have an army of 30million children out of school.. With this the future of financial literacy will be a big problem and it will take time before people will accept better smart way of doing stuff.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Osolo1(m): 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
I checked on cbn official page and there was no such press release ,please do well to check yourself and help stop the rumour and unnecessary panick .
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Ken4Christ: 10:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
nlfpmod:

You will not be issued new notes In exchange for old notes, instead your bank account will be credited after your account is validated by law enforcement.

• If the validation of account turns out negative, the Bank will return the deposited notes

• Third party deposits are not allowed, The account information provided must be that of the depositor.

• Members of the public are required to complete an online application form and generate a reference number before coming to the CON.

Where a customer did not pre-fill their form, he/she will be given the opportunity to fill the form at the Branch.

• The Cash Deposit Window Is open to the public from February 15 — 17, 2023 between 9am to 2pm daily.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Reference cede generated from completed online application form fill on CBN Portal.

4. A valid Federal Government issued identity card (NIN, Driver's License, Voters Card, International Passport).

https://twitter.com/davidakinwaleng/status/1625534728106393609

We are not depositing anything. Nigerians should resist this stupid instruction. Is this the first time naira notes have been redesigned?

I just wished earthquake swallow all these wicked people who just love to inflict pains on people.

It shall never be well with all of them.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by maasoap(m): 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kimo21:

The main problem now is these bank managers that are hoarding this notes...some of them are being arrested as you can see because instead of them to load them in the atm they are selling them to the highest bidder...we Nigerians are basically are own problems yet we go ahead to blame the leaders... the policy it self is not the problem

The implementation of the policy is a big problem, too sudden and too short period. You can't blame banks managers for all these problems. CBN gov till now refused to disclose the amount printed and disbursed.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Thonee(m): 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
Very good one from CBN, vote buying in the mud so the agbado urchins that think they can buy vote for their ancestor will be left in severe pains.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by shakol91(m): 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
maasoap:

Your issue is not different from that of MMM participants at the time. All warnings and advices to make them see the danger fell on deaf ears until they saw the scam with their own eyes. By that time, it was too late.
Only morons would agree with CBN punishing over 200 million citizens because of the excuse that they want to curb vote buying. One has to be totally brainwashed to believe that.
tell me the last time Nigerians enjoyed. I am very sure you didn't take your time to read the part I stated CBN should make the proccess stress free.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Ovieemmanuel: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
So them no fit call this emefilele to order.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by HandsomeBlack: 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
IslamIsIdiotic:
Daura Dùllard
shocked Omo, what a name! shocked
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by HNICEARTH: 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
👇🏿

Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by tonididdy(m): 11:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
In Edo we are still spending old notes nobody GAF
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Donedeal1(m): 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nigeria on free mode at last
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by JaskanFactor: 12:23am On Feb 15, 2023
the whole of Nigeria is starting to see how wicked this people are.
Its not just CBN you cant trust anymore, its whole Nigerian government which takes its orders from Europe.

Bring your old money, but we have no money to give you.

Be warned once they control all the money and you have no more cash, they can turn off the bank card or digital currency whom ever they want to starve to death.

They dont want you to have cash, cause they want to be able to control what you buy with money.
If you give up cash, your best option is trade by barter. Not the devils mark of the beast digital currency.

With another footballer dead during match from heart attack in Belgium today, its not only money you cant trust them with, they have already killed a lot of people with that jab.

We are now in major emergency situation with what ever is this wicked entity calling itself government.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Okeziesg(m): 12:45am On Feb 15, 2023
Hahaha u wan try that man...thry wan catch this all this big men dem by all means....quote author=davodyguy post=120908802]This Emefielele guy[/quote]
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Minjim: 12:47am On Feb 15, 2023
Whoever thought up this idea is mad?

You want all Nigerians to come deposit at CBN?

Emefiele is pushing Nigerians. He capitalizing on the fact that we actually don't have a president who knows his role
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Babinski: 1:38am On Feb 15, 2023
loswhite:
You don't even know when his tenure is ending and you are typing thrash disgracing yourself...These are clowns expected to vote leaders later this month

I was misinformed on Emefiele's tenure and I have confirmed he was reappointed for his second and final term on 5 years around May 2019 which extends the expiry of his tenure to 2024 contrary to my earlier post.

You could simply have pointed the error in my position and corrected it with factual information for the benefit of all readers. Rather you hurl insults that are of no benefit to any reader in an arrogant manner characteristic of people with low intelligence that seek to project a larger than life intellect contrary to the actual emptiness within their skulls. I have gone through several of your responses on this forum and see that such is your manner of approach which you really need to change. Nonetheless, thank you for letting us know the kind of person you are.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Banhammy717: 2:16am On Feb 15, 2023
Why is Godwin Emeifele behaving like this?
Does he have any ulterior motive?
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by SaturnNick(m): 3:08am On Feb 15, 2023
Mahd ooo grin grin grin
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by egopersonified(f): 5:58am On Feb 15, 2023
Instead of this long process, why not look for someone with an account in a bank still collecting old notes, pay into his account and he transfers to your account?
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by loswhite(m): 7:28am On Feb 15, 2023
Babinski:

I was misinformed on Emefiele's tenure and I have confirmed he was reappointed for his second and final term on 5 years around May 2019 which extends the expiry of his tenure to 2024 contrary to my earlier post.

You could simply have pointed the error in my position and corrected it with factual information for the benefit of all readers. Rather you hurl insults that are of no benefit to any reader in an arrogant manner characteristic of people with low intelligence that seek to project a larger than life intellect contrary to the actual emptiness within their skulls. I have gone through several of your responses on this forum and see that such is your manner of approach which you really need to change. Nonetheless, thank you for letting us know the kind of person you are.
Thanks
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 15, 2023
Inviting angry mobs to their office? Tell me worse mumu than CBN admin and I will show you a foul with teeth
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by Charly500(m): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2023
nlfpmod:

REQUIREMENTS

https://twitter.com/davidakinwaleng/status/1625534728106393609

Please where is the link to their CBN Portal, everything na suffer for nigeria.
Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by maasoap(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2023
shakol91:
tell me the last time Nigerians enjoyed. I am very sure you didn't take your time to read the part I stated CBN should make the proccess stress free.

What is stress free about this wicked policy and its inhumane implementation? Do CBN looks like an organisation who is ready to listen and adjust? Even the injunction from the supreme court that was supposed to relieve the citizens was disregarded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

70 Igbo Billionaires To Turn The East To An Industrial Hub / Ladipo Market Is On Fire: Pictures & Video / Throwback Photo Of Folorunso Alakija In 1973 As A Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.