Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Who Is The Lesser Evil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Lesser Evil? (175 Views)

Tinubu Walks A Marathon In Mecca while Performing Lesser Hajj Rituals / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Kidnapping School Students Is A Lesser Evil / Shehu Sani Shades El-rufai: Ethnic Bigot Lesser Evil Than Divisively Religious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Lesser Evil? by callthefred: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2023
The electioneering moods and campaign season has shown truly that the problem of Nigeria isn't the leaders but the Nigerian youths who have always based their decisions on emotions and not facts.

As a lawyer who has handled a few cases especially election petition, it is important to let people understand that emotions are nothing but facts are everything. Even common sense comes far behind facts!

How convenient that we see some politicians as fairly good and some as really bad when infact all our major candidates shouldn't be seeking office but probably be on their ways to jail for gross abuse of office.

Even facts and revelations doesn't seem to matter but hearsay, lies and deceit are the other of the day.

Many young Nigerians ran away to the UK for greener pastures only to see that besides good roads and fancy environment, there is absolutely nothing abroad worth dying for if only we all work together to make this nation great. The narrative we have sold ourselves that this country is lost makes it impossible for young minds to even think about making it here at all.

Our youths have forgotten that the real secret to wealth is finding a problem and creating a solution. Nigeria has many problems and fixing them is important.

Dangote's style of business might not be pleasing to some but there's no denying that everything he used to import 20 years ago, he now produces locally. This is the real secret of how Dangote became Africa's richest. Those whose stock in trades are just to import cheap goods abroad come here to brag about how they are successful businessmen will never understand. For years Nigeria Import tiles until the Chinese saw the potential locally and started producing tiles here. No Nigerian till date is known for producing tiles locally. Same with many other products likewise.

We have seen candidates who invested public money in family businesses or businesses family has interests, to candidates whose childhood till date cannot be explained to candidate caught on tape teaching his boss how to loot public funds. All these are greenlight but trust my people emotions will still rule their brains.

For some of us who only deal on available facts, we never get surprised when candidates who never manufactured toothpick locally in over 40 years of importation experience in business suddenly start to shout from consumption to production. Even though this candidate imports almost 300 brands of FMCG. Someone whose aides were caught with 250m ($2m) cash and reportedly claimed it was to pay a contractor. Yet he's claiming to be the most accountable. Who pays cash to a contractor? Yet this was never made public until they were caught with cash. Even though the state assembly eventually claimed it conducted an investigation and saw nothing wrong. We all know behind the scenes dealings would have taken place.

Another candidate claims to have built men and possibly even as opposition never for once got charged to court for corruption. Even though his tax consulting firm has proven to be one of the best in the nation. Although allegedly a drug Lord which the Americans have denied anyways. This same candidate cannot explain beyond reasonable doubts his links to the tax consulting firm, his roles in the shooting of peaceful protesting youths or why and how his wife and kids dominate the most vibrant sectors of his home state.

Another strong candidate who used to be a civil servant, suddenly became a multi billionaire even against the rules of the civil service but his only campaign is asking his tribesmen to vote him and also insisting his region has never been President.

All candidates running away from debates, none of these candidates has been able to discuss fundamental truths or strategy. But they have all perfected the arts of lies and deceits and the people foolishly buying into it.

There's no reason wishing Nigerians luck. I simply wish them what they wish themselves but as for me, just like 8 years ago when I didn't vote the ruling party or opposition, I haven't been disappointed as the facts then have proven to be sufficient enough now.

The propaganda against candidates and party or structures are very nonsensical.

I expect candidates to be discussing fundamental issues of how to ensure police reforms, how to ensure technical trainings and how to ensure religious reforms. But they have suddenly because of elections become very religious and humble. We've been through this road before and we are heading into it again...

Remember, let facts guide you and not your emotions.

As for me, I have decided to endorse Kola Abiola of the PRP as he's seem to be the only candidate who has even tried to discuss fundamental issues and not profit on the emotions of people...

(1) (Reply)

Siminialayi Fubara Has The Capacity To Fill In Gov Wike's Shoes In Rivers State / El Rufai challanges Buhari,says all old naira notes still legal tender / For Those Travelling To Get To Their Polling Unit. How Do You Intend Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.