Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

This Is A Free Part Of My Novel. It Is Available On Okada App - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Is A Free Part Of My Novel. It Is Available On Okada App (202 Views)

Chasing Love (A Clean Romance Novella) On Okada Books / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / What Do You Think Of My Novel-the Cute Ceo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is A Free Part Of My Novel. It Is Available On Okada App by Blessingfuller: 11:48am On Feb 15, 2023
THE DEADLY OPTION
Written by Blessing Olutayo
CHAPTER 1
It was a bright Thursday morning in Olorunda village and most especially the time when all men in the village were to perform their daily routine by going to their farm which usually happens every day, except for the women who are to perform their domestic chores within their environment such as sweeping of the compound and cooking for their husbands and their children.
However, It was taboo in the village for women to go to the farm as this custom had been laid down after the establishment of the village.
But unfortunately, the custom was no longer appealing in the sight of Susan, a young girl of about eighteen years old who grew up and lived in the village and this was because she wanted to engage herself in a menial job that will profit her and her family.
And due to this, she made up her mind to travel to the city and find a job with the help of a lady called Grace.
This lady usually comes to the village to visit her parent after two years, she decides to leave the village to find a living for herself in the city and it was on this occasion that Susan was able to know her and also narrate her wishes to her.
On the day she was to meet the lady, she was so happy and energetic that she did not hesitate to tell her parent about it.
And after thinking about it, her parent agreed with her decision.
While on other hand, The lady was happy and promised to her by taking her to the city.
However, that Friday morning, Susan was in her compound, sweeping and at the same time excited as she pondered on her travel to the city that will commence the next day, which was the day, the lady had promised to take her down to the city.
But the excitement that filled her face quickly disappeared Immediately she remembered she will be leaving her parent behind, but she quickly cajoles herself due to the fact, her parent supported her travel.
Her parent supported her travel to the city because they thought she did not want to stay in Idleness as they have known her as a smart and hardworking girl since her childhood.
Susan had already finished sweeping and wanted to the stream to fetch water when her best friend, Felicia, came to her house with a calabash in her hand.
At that point, she touch Susan's shoulder who turned her back against her as she wanted to pick the calabash that she want to use to fetch water, but Susan froze up Immediately Felicia touched her shoulder.
"Hey, baby girl, I'm the one." Felicia smiled as she saw how frightened Susan was.
"Ah, Felicia. And why did you come here so early?" Susan asked, looking so surprised as she sighted her friend.
"I came to visit and accompanied you to the city." Felicia smiled.
"Oh, that! It is tomorrow that I will be going to the city."
"But how come you told me you will be traveling today," Felicia said, looking confused as she interrupted Susan.
"Oh, I'm sorry. The woman later postponed the journey, so I'm going to the city tomorrow and not today. And sorry for any inconvenience." Susan apologized as she smiled.
"Okay, no problem. City girl." Felicia smiled, shaking her body a little bit as she clenched her fist and touched Susan's cheek.
"Leave me joor." Susan pouted as jokingly beat Felicia's hand and Felicia chuckled.
"Okay, see you tomorrow. I should have waited for some time, but I want to quickly fetch water in the stream before many people get there." Felicia said, looking at Susan's face before she turned her back against her, but Susan quickly stopped her.
"Wait! I also want to fetch water." Susan shouted and Felicia quickly turned to look at her.
"Okay, no problem," Felicia said as Susan quickly went to her with a calabash in her hand.
And at that point, they went to the stream and get there within fifteen minutes and fetched their water since many people were not in the stream.
"Bye." They waved their hand at themselves as they came back from the stream and went to their various houses with a calabash on their heads.

(1) (Reply)

SYNW Commiserates With ANA Over Death Of Its Trustee, Mal Labo Yari / Hire A Freelancer Writer For Your Quality Blog Post And Articles / SYNW Calls For More Writers Residencies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.