Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? (248 Views)

Which Candidate Will Benefit From Buhari’s Naira Policy? - Farooq Kperogi / Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN / Army: "Crocodile Smile" Not Targeted At EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by Chidibe212(f): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
The new naira policy is not aimed at any politician or individuals in particular. It's aimed at people hiding billions of naira in their houses for evil deeds, people that have the intentions of vote buying during election, people that requires paper cash for dubious reasons, kidnapping, robbery that cannot be traced or monitored by the system, people that have questionable amount of money in their bank accounts that doesn't match up to the actual job they are doing or office they are holding.

So if you think of any candidate or politicians this policy is seriously affecting then know that person is a rogue.

Then for you as a non-politician that the policy is affecting, the policy wants to encourage and push Cashless transactions that can be monitored by the system (The CBN and security agencies)

And when it says "Cashless" it doesn't mean that paper money will be extinct. if it will then why redesign Nigeria.

The "Cashless" means CASH-LESS: Less of paper money transactions, more of e-money transactions.

Remember, there's coins, N5, 10, 20, 50, and N100 that are part of Nigeria's currency. Since ATM machines have been designed from inception to give out 5h-1k old or new notes only, these little money N5, 10, 20, 50, and N100 will not have value anymore and which will lead to high inflation on food, transportation etc.

*Have you not noticed, since this policy was implemented, the cost of food stuff have so crashed and these traders are not in anyway loosing (capital or profit wise)

*Kidnapping have reduced

*Yahoo boys activity have reduced.

*Corruption have been obvious and put in check (Banks and bank managers hoarding and selling cash) ,etc

So this policy is a good one and should be encouraged.

Remember, adapting to change (positively or negatively) is atimes painful but gradually, you will get use to it. Before June this year, all these complains will be no more.

Fintech companies will make transaction easy for all sort of business, transportation, etc to go into "Less of paper cash transaction to more of e-money transactions.

Then for the rural areas, they should be educated on the need for these policies and how to do e-transactions and less of paper transaction using TV and radio commercials.

Commercial banks and network masts will also be built and located close to the rural communities across the country.

Put good leaders (village heads, councilor, governors, senators, ministers and a President) without ethnicity and religious bigotry that will and can make all these developments come to existence in the sit of power and see how Nigeria will grow and develop gradually.

We still have the opportunity to make things right starting from the 25th of February.

Choose wisely for now and the future.

Thanks.

Re: Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by duro4chang(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
The poor masses
Re: Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by Parachoko: 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
Poor Nigerians
Re: Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by backnbeta(f): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2023
Chidibe212:

...So if you think of any candidate or politicians this policy is seriously affecting then know that person is a rogue.

This policy is affecting me, but I'm not a polithiefcian, I'm not a rogue; I'm an academic, a researcher and a hard worker. What we are experiencing in Nigeria is an economic war. We are being disarmed through money scarcity. I pay for goods in cash when I travel to the states, and other developed countries. I only use cards when I feel like or for certain goods and services. I couldn't pay successfully yesterday for hours because my network provider(MTN) was offline. What you should understand is that the abokeys have an agenda and things are seriously going their way because we are not united in our fight for economic freedom!
Re: Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
It's simply a ploy by the evil APC administration to punish the masses for their unanimous determination to terminate the evil foundation of APC government. If not, why would all the banks at the same time fail to pay anyone with the scam new notes and CBN and FG claim they're not the architect of the scam, and they really do not know what to do to address the situation, like seriously?

I only pity the foolish ones who are hyping the same people punishing them, they told them that it's because of Tinubu and the fools are helping them to market their fallacy. How can you be helping an evil government to punish yourself by rejecting a currency at unavailability of alternative which was DELIBERATELY blocked from circulation by same people asking you to reject the so called old notes, and you agreed, and you say you're normal?

The FG through Galba Shehu have today stated that neither the CBN nor the FG have taken any official stand on the legality of the termed old notes given the pending case at the Supreme Court.

But If the people are reasonable, even if the government says notes are no longer a legal tender, the masses can use this opportunity to make this government a failed government by continuing to circulate the notes within commercial and business circle without taking it to the bank, by so doing, the government and the CBN will begin to panic because at that point it's obvious they're no longer in control; by then what would they do? Maybe they start searching people's pockets to discover those with old notes.
Re: Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by ronalmagic10(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
My uncle never saw reasons with me why he should vote for Tinubu but I'm happy this cashless policy exposed the hypocrisy of Atiku and obi and he's now promised me to vote for Tinubu who has promised to deal with cbn and end the suffering of ordinary Nigerians

Up apc

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Is The New Naira Policy Targeted At? by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
ronalmagic10:
My uncle never saw reasons with me why he should vote for Tinubu but I'm happy this cashless policy exposed the hypocrisy of Atiku and obi and he's now promised me to vote for Tinubu who has promised to deal with cbn and end the suffering of ordinary Nigerians

Up apc
You and your uncle, una be mumu.

(1) (Reply)

Failed Currency Swap, I Am More Resolved To Support The People's President / 2023 Polls: APC Candidate, Bright Osemeka Receives Onitsha Royal Blessings / Support Peter Obi For A Better Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.