Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,109 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) (66572 Views)

Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes / A Man Shot In Abeokuta, Others Injured As Customers Destroy Banks (Graphic Video / Governor Yakowa Pleading With Angry Protesters In Kaduna (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by ppogba: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
olumide4christ:

That's a total lie from Emefiele...which N30 million per outlet?
A man called into a Nigerian Info 99.3 radio program a few days ago and said that an insider in one of the banks branches (I think Ecobank) told him that they only receive N150,000 per day.
As if that wasn't enough, I went into the Heritage bank branch at Ogunlana drive, Surulere to withdraw over the counter. They told me that there was no cash but when the cash eventually came, they would only pay N5000 only per customer because they only receive N200,000 from CBN daily and that isn't every day. Rather than pay 10 customers the stipulated N20,000, they would rather pay more customers N5,000 each. This is what the lady told me.

Emefiele is just using you people who listen to and believe him to play ludo and Kalo Kalo!

People like us will never be deceived!

I have told the guy to take his lies to the beer palour.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Aldol: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
richie240:

Amen!
One thing I know be say, Hausa man will rather Vote stone than allow them rule over them.
The hate level in their gene is too much
E go shock them , we are counting days
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by membranus: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
useni1:
n9 abject poverty do the maths yourself. Less even bring it down to the worse. 100naira garri and 100 naira groundnut plus 20 naira sugar. That's 220 naira for one person. Times thrice a day is 660 times by four household is 2640. Then times 30 days in a month is 79,200. Make una stop all these rubbish talk for here. All Nigerian household bring in 200k a month. 80% of Nigerians even eat four to five times a day. Nobody is poor in Nigeria. There is no poverty anywhere

Okay, so all of us are rich. Including the almajiris on the streets of Katshina, and the beggars soliciting for alms in different Sabo communities across Nigeria, and the man selling gala on the expressway, and the agberos sleeping under the bridges, and the drunkards and addicts on the streets begging for money to satisfy their addiction, and the mamas and papas abandoned by their children in the villages because they have no means to take care of them: all of them are rich?

Man, I hear you. You have extraordinary vision, you are certainly living in a world different from the one I'm in, and I won't like to follow you there.
So goodbye sir.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Umadam: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Their suffering never start sef, you guys can't do without banks

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Hunterkent: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2023
freenature:

If people are well informed they will know that what is happening now had happened before now when was once in power the naira was redesigned. All that is happening is a strategy for APC to rig elections while they keep citizens busy, you can google it up. They distract you with money issues and then they keep doing their evil plot behind the scene.
Bro, i can tell you for free that you're very perspicacious, your knack for observation is canny, something fierce.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by LilVast1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
madridguy:
Why are angry rioters attacking commercial banks? That is wicked and callous! These commercial banks don't have new notes to dispense because Emefiele is not going to give them. And commercial banks don't print currency.

STOP ATTACKING COMMERCIAL BANKS

Copied.
Na nonsense you dey talk! CBN has been distributing the old note for weeks
The banks chose not to put it out cos they were selling to the thieving politicians, their MDs and the board are responsible for this chaos

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by richie240: 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2023
That's d more reason d imbecille shd've relaxed the policy. It's clear as day now that emefiele has no good intentions for Nigerians.
And no child of an idiotic mother shd open his gutter of a mouth and say "he's taking orders". If he's not in cohoot with his master he would've resigned tey-tey

histemple:

Emefiele (former MD of zenith bank) ought to know better before forming macho.

Did you also forget that Emefiele accused the banks of compromise?
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by kiddkash(m): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=120930482][/quote]
So APC wants to save us from APC

Bubu(is the one who implemented it. Incase you have forgotten)

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Jones4190(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=120930482][/quote]
between tinubu and others, who is fighting for the people
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Innobee99(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
lexy2014:

Who told you that they have?

When and where did you witness them selling to Politicians and POS operators? Can you kindly provide us with evidence of your claims?

Based on what you said, how many POS operators are giving out new naira notes?
Since evidence is what makes u believe. Give me evidence also that there's no cash in our banks. Then I'll show u evidence
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by benqo01(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
WHAT KIND OF HYPOCRITICAL ATTITUDISTIC DO SOME PEOPLE CHOSE TO EXHIBIT DESTROYING BANK PROPERTIES IS UNCALLED FOR CBN IS THE PROBLEM OF ALL THESE

IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM RATHER IT MAKES IT WORSE,I CAN FEEL THE PAINS PEOPLE RE GOING THROUGH ON A DAILY BASIS, BUT THIS ISNT THE WAY FORWARD.

EMEFIELE SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, HIS POLICIES ARE BAD RAVAGING THE WHOLE COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by yarimo(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
Jones4190:

between tinubu and others, who is fighting for the people

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by yarimo(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
kiddkash:

So APC wants to save us from APC

Bubu(is the one who implemented it. Incase you have forgotten)
buhari is president of Nigeria not president of APC
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by nathyx(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
I said this earlier But nobody Listened pls Keep your Hot temper at Home, when going to the Bank pls pls shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by lexy2014: 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
Innobee99:
Since evidence is what makes u believe. Give me evidence also that there's no cash in our banks. Then I'll show u evidence

Can't you support your claims with evidence or you just decided to invent lies?

Who told you that they have?

When and where did you witness them selling to Politicians and POS operators? Can you kindly provide us with evidence of your claims?

Based on what you said, how many POS operators are giving out new naira notes?
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by macho44(m): 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Redhot0007:
Advice To Igbos
Please do not participate in their protest wherever you are across Nigeria. Comply to whatever rule of CBN. Do not allow any protest in alaigbo. Remove yourself from anywhere there's protest. Be guided. Use your sense.
Resist the URGE to play the TRIBAL Card in this issue, na everybody e affect.

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by yommen: 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
This is not good

You are right but the banks contributed to this shit by hoarding the new naira notes and further selling to the rich(politicians).
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by soke02(m): 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
I know most of this commercial banks will be the one to bare the brunt of the masses rage.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by faceland: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tflex01:
Election may not hold.

In your area. Other peaceful part of the country would chose your next president. Buhari must leave.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Malory: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
BATified2023:
but I think it will only affect tinubu now?
Sharap.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Passionet: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
lexy2014:

Since you are in this country, why can't you answer the questions?

How are the banks hoarding the new notes and how are they responsible for POS charges fiasco?

I thought banks were selling new notes to POS operators?

If you say "these banks are hoarding the notes" and they are selling cash to POS operators, how are they the "cause of this POS charges fiasco"? Which notes are they selling to POS operators?

You are just running in circles, and this was funny grin You are asking questions you already know the answer to.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Earthquakes: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
kokoA:
Emefiele is a useless man. This is what he wants.

If you think Emiefele is doing this on his own then you don't have the capacity critical judgment, don't also forget it's Aisha buhari brother is the DG of minting and printing
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Earthquakes: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
yarimo:
I thought the lack of availability of new Naira notes affect TINUBU only na

The man that Tinubu boasted of bringing to power and the man he wants to build on his legacy brought this.
Probably this is the "legacy" he wants to build on..
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by yarimo(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
Earthquakes:

The man that Tinubu boasted of bringing to power and the man he wants to build on his legacy brought this.
Probably this is the "legacy" he wants to build on..
since the legacy is affecting TINUBU alone no problems
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Earthquakes: 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
yarimo:
since the legacy is affecting TINUBU alone no problems

You guy voted APC yet planning to vote him again because of tribalism and religious sentiments.
I will be praying for you people from far way another continent..
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by yarimo(m): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
Earthquakes:

You guy voted APC yet planning to vote him again because of tribalism and religious sentiments.
I will be praying for you people from far way another continent..
we are voting candidate not party

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Waxingcresent: 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Adexgentle005:
They are hoarding the new naira notes.

Speak like a literate for once. How do you hoard what is available. The lack of the naira notes in circulation is the issue. How often do you get to see 200 & 500? But 1000k is common everywhere. This bankers can be your brothers or sisters. If you keep talking like this more attacks will be launched to the wrong direction.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by orisa37: 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
And yet the Government of Muhammadu Buhari doesn't see this as SOCIAL ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL IRRESPONSIBILITY?

LET US JUST IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO SHAGARI IF ALL THESE ANOMALIES HAD OCCURRED DURING HIS GOVERNMENT.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Adexgentle005(m): 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
Waxingcresent:

Speak like a literate for once. How do you hoard what is available. The lack of the naira notes in circulation is the issue. How often do you get to see 200 & 500? But 1000k is common everywhere. This bankers can be your brothers or sisters. If you keep talking like this more attacks will be launched to the wrong direction.
Dude,if you don’t know what’s going on in this country it’s better you shut up. I know bankers that are hoarding this new naira note for politicians.
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by Thermodynamics(m): 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2023
yarimo:
eyya and fortunately this is next president of Nigeria
He will rule only you and your family.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by dapadawee: 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I don’t trade words with kids on this forum. It obvious you still live in your parents house and eat your mummy thank you food. That’s why you have no idea of what is going on in this country.
Mumu man. Let cbn prosecute any bank holding your papa money
Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by bluefilm: 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
madridguy:
Why are angry rioters attacking commercial banks? That is wicked and callous! These commercial banks don't have new notes to dispense because Emefiele is not going to give them. And commercial banks don't print currency.

STOP ATTACKING COMMERCIAL BANKS

Copied.

Commercial banks were hoarding the new notes until the CBN started forcing them to make the new notes available to the members of the public.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigeria About To Become The Next Venezuela - UK Telegraph / Picture Of Shehu Shagari Before His Death In Abuja / Reactions As MC Oluomo Joins Abba Kyari To Celebrate Birthday In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.