Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Neville: Pep Must Change His Tactics While Facing Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neville: Pep Must Change His Tactics While Facing Arsenal (281 Views)

Boxer Kisses Fellow Boxer While Facing Each Other Ahead Of A Match / Even Tunde Disu Warned Rohr On His Tactics / Pique Told Valverde To Change His Tactics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neville: Pep Must Change His Tactics While Facing Arsenal by SReporters: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
When Man City plays Arsenal in a crucial Premier League match on Wednesday, Gary Neville believes Pep Guardiola should think about switching to a more familiar back four. "It's almost as if he (Guardiola) is making a point, that you haven't signed me a left-back," Neville told Sky Sports.

According to Gary Neville on the most recent episode of The Gary Neville Podcast, Pep Guardiola is probably going to switch to a more traditional back four for Wednesday's crucial Premier League matchup between Manchester City and Arsenal.

Since the World Cup, Guardiola has continued to use inverted full-backs, frequently asking Rico Lewis to play as a midfielder when Man City has the ball before switching back to his usual position on the right or left of the defense when the opposition receives it.

On Sunday, Bernardo Silva, a player who has frequently lined up in Man City's attack while at the Etihad, played the inverted full-back position. Guardiola's innovative plan paid off as his team defeated Aston Villa 3-1.

But on Wednesday, Man City will face a much tougher test when they play host to Arsenal at the Emirates. The Gunners are three points ahead of Man City at the top of the table and have a game in hand.

Bukayo Saka, who is second in the Premier League this season in assists and fifth in chances created, is expected to start for the Arsenal on the right of their attack, and Neville thinks this will force Guardiola to change up his defense once more.

I thought he would calm down, but Neville remarked, "He's still switching around his back four, and I expect it'll change again on Wednesday."

"I like (Ilkay) Gundogan, (Kevin) De Bruyne, and Rodri, [who] gives them that sort of balance in midfield," said Rodri. "Bernardo Silva for me always seems to feel like he's in his (Guardiola's) best XI. He's a brilliant player. Then Silva would play in one of the wide front zones, right?

"I don't see how he can't go with Rico Lewis with a more traditional back four or (Nathan) Ake as a left-back," said Neville.

Following Man City's victory over Villa, Neville continued in an interview with Sky Sports: "Guardiola almost seems to be saying, "You haven't signed me a left-back," in an attempt to make a statement. Since (Oleksandr) Zinchenko was given permission to leave, he is currently playing without a left-back.

"With Saka playing on the right wing on Wednesday, I find it impossible to believe he won't use someone there. In spite of the fact that he will have to deal with it at some point throughout the season, he feels uneasy right now.

"I believe it detracts from the balance and build-up that he had Silva go out there [against Villa]. He talked about playing faster through midfield, and I do believe they occasionally went faster to the front, but I still believe the flow they would typically have is still lacking."

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/15/neville-pep-must-change-his-tactics-while-facing-arsenal/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All Ucl And Epl Stream Link Here / Nice Predict - Today's Sure 2.00 Odds Won (19/02/2023) / Can Chelsea Still Win The Premier League?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.