Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 (2601 Views)

Tinubu Orders AGF, Lokpobiri To End $1.3 Billion Oil Block Dispute / Peter Obi Rejected Land Offer From Anambra Housing Corporation In 2007 (Photos) / Nigeria Escalates Fight Over Oil Block Granted To Eni And Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
In what might as well be the first of such a development, a Nigerian well connected at the highest level of government in the country has turned down the opportunity to own an oil block.

The man is Mr. Peter Obi, Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and immediate past Governor of Anambra State, South-East Nigeria.

News Express learnt that Mr. Obi, who is Honourary Special Adviser on Finance to out-going President Goodluck Jonathan, was approached by one of the key players in the auctioning of the marginal fields and offered the opportunity to bid but turned it down on the spot, saying that he did not like getting involved in unfamiliar businesses.

“I am a trader. After selling their oil, let the oil entrepreneurs come and buy my tomato ketchup and other wares,” Obi reportedly replied.

The last round of bidding for Nigeria’s marginal fields opened in late November 2013 when Mr. Obi was still the Anambra State helmsman.

The former governor, who was Deputy Director-General (South) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organisation for the March 28, 2015 ballot, confirmed the development during a recent chat with a circle of close friends.

“I do not like getting involved in businesses that I am not very familiar with,” Obi said. He explained that his core competence is in trading – which he has done since his university days in Nsukka – and banking, in which he later excelled, serving on the boards of three banks, including Fidelity Bank, of which he was Board Chairman before contesting the Anambra State governorship in 2003.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/180527/peter-obi-rejects-oil-block.html

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Ttalk: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
If you like you can lie that Peter Obi reject Anambra hook up babe, nothing consign me

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Brendaniel: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
Can the same be said of Tinubu and Atiku?

Nigeria has been failing because of poor choice of leaders by the electorates

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ttalk:
If you like you can lie that Peter Obi reject Anambra hook up babe, nothing consign me
Did you see the date on it before crying?

He's an exceptional man, a man of principle and character

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Viscuz: 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ttalk:

A Corn swine have no option but to wail

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Obojuju: 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
Owo massacre - No protest from APC

Lekki tollgate massacre - No protest from APC

Multiple Benue massacre - No protest from APC

Southern Kaduna massacre - No protest from APC

CBN deadline - massive protest from APC because their thieving governors are stuck with illicit cash

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by jlinkd78(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Front page
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Racoon(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Peter Obi is a rare brand type of the typical Nigerian politicians. Now, let the fact checkers go verify or confirm.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Racoon:
Peter Obi is a rare brand type of the typical Nigerian politicians. Now, let the fact checkers go verify or confirm.
omo, me never see this kind person before.

Aje 😢

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by nlreserve: 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2023
FrontPage ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by hedonido: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Trollronaldo:
omo, me never see this kind person before.

Aje 😢

There's no politician like him in Nigeria. Simple truth.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
hedonido:

There's no politician like him in Nigeria. Simple truth.
How can you reject easy passive money?

Me I no fit o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by hedonido: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
Trollronaldo:
How can you reject easy passive money?

Me I no fit o

Watch this 2014 video of the Lagos Business School honoring him to understand the kind of rare Nigerian person we're talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHboQnuUqxM

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Buckeyemedia1: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Racoon:
We heard more about President Buhari in 2015.
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Landowner101(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Peter Obi, the only politician without greed.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Makavelly40: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Such a reasonable man

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by LesbianBoy(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Na wa o
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Viscuz: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

I will be sending you back to nairaland prison ban.

On ya shaking mandate

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Buckeyemedia1: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
Viscuz:

I will be sending you back to nairaland prison ban.

On ya shaking mandate
I know Viscuz, they say the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, only the evil fear their own shadow. grin.
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by LesbianBoy(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

You guys should stop this nonsense talk. Peter obi is way better than buhari.

In 2015 buhari own was too obvious that he was a scam and has not changed from his bad ways. But hatred and tribalism cover many of you eyes that you voted him instead of Jonathan now see the mess he has caused everyone angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by nlreserve: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
I don't blame Buhari for his in efficiency because he is not a graduate and not grounded in economics. I blame those who put him there blindly.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Viscuz: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
I know Viscuz, they say the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, only the evil fear their own shadow. grin.

You don't want to go back to ban or you want to ?

Answer diligently grin
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Buckeyemedia1: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
nlreserve:
I don't blame Buhari for his in efficiency because he is not a graduate and not grounded in economics. I blame those who put him there blindly.
Nonsense, what did Obi study in University Economics or Philosophy?

Tinubu will bring London School of Economics Wale Tinubu to school Peter Obi in Economics.
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Viscuz: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

Tinubu will bring London School of Economics Wale Tinubu to school Peter Obi in Economics.

Shatap

Obi or bola who sell cocaine?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Buckeyemedia1: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Viscuz:

You don't want to go back to ban or you want to ?

Answer diligently grin
Dude ban 10x, we reappear in 10 different handles. grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

Tinubu go steal our money.
Abeg, we no go vote am

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by nlreserve: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

Why did Lagos Business school invite Peter Obi to school them?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Viscuz: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Dude ban 10x, we reappear in 10 different handles. grin

Yes but I will deal with this one first

On ya shaking mandate grin
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Buckeyemedia1: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Buckeyemedia1: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
nlreserve:
Why did Lagos Business school invite Peter Obi to school them?
Mr Man I am talking of London School of Economics level, you are mentioning Lagos Business School Lekki that was established in 1990?
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Mr Man I am talking of London School of Economics level.
Then how comes he gaffes a lot?

Did London school of economics teach him ewa and Corn economics or how to recruit 5million out of 200m into thr army?

Dey play 😂

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by nlreserve: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Mr Man I am talking of London School of Economics level.
Why didn't they invite Tinubu? Is it because he is into drugs?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Killing Tinubu In The North, Obi Destroying Tinubu In The South / APC Leaders Laughing At Peter Obi After Using Him / Situation Report On The Attack And Killing Of Military Personnel On Peace Missio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.