Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 (2649 Views)

Tinubu Orders AGF, Lokpobiri To End $1.3 Billion Oil Block Dispute / Peter Obi Rejected Land Offer From Anambra Housing Corporation In 2007 (Photos) / List Of Oil Well And Oil Block Owners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Viscuz: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
When is the presidential election again? 25th of February + 2 weeks, there after you Miscreants will resume your Biafra agitation.

Talk to me more daddy.

My candidate no dey pisd for body grin
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Trollronaldo: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
Softmirror:

POINT BLANK. TINUBU NEVER COLLECTED FURA NOR NONO LET ALONE OIL BLOCKS .
you must think you are talking to your dumb son at home
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Softmirror: 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
Trollronaldo:
you must think you are talking to your dumb son at home

LOL grin
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by highchief1: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
Trollronaldo:
In what might as well be the first of such a development, a Nigerian well connected at the highest level of government in the country has turned down the opportunity to own an oil block.

The man is Mr. Peter Obi, Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and immediate past Governor of Anambra State, South-East Nigeria.

News Express learnt that Mr. Obi, who is Honourary Special Adviser on Finance to out-going President Goodluck Jonathan, was approached by one of the key players in the auctioning of the marginal fields and offered the opportunity to bid but turned it down on the spot, saying that he did not like getting involved in unfamiliar businesses.

“I am a trader. After selling their oil, let the oil entrepreneurs come and buy my tomato ketchup and other wares,” Obi reportedly replied.

The last round of bidding for Nigeria’s marginal fields opened in late November 2013 when Mr. Obi was still the Anambra State helmsman.

The former governor, who was Deputy Director-General (South) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organisation for the March 28, 2015 ballot, confirmed the development during a recent chat with a circle of close friends.

“I do not like getting involved in businesses that I am not very familiar with,” Obi said. He explained that his core competence is in trading – which he has done since his university days in Nsukka – and banking, in which he later excelled, serving on the boards of three banks, including Fidelity Bank, of which he was Board Chairman before contesting the Anambra State governorship in 2003.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/180527/peter-obi-rejects-oil-block.html
even oyedepo cannot reject oil bloc.una go just Dey play
Re: Peter Obi Rejected Oil Block offered to him In 2015 by Masterclass32: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
PO is just different.

Cornmrades over to you. 🌽

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBC Replies Obidient That Want Their Journalist Sacked For Tinubu CSU Report / How Old Was President Bola Tinubu In 1999? / Oil Spills Paralyse Economic, Aquatic Life In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.