Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,479 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. (1309 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by SMJay: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
We are in tough times

Update as at today NO ONE IS COLLECTING OLD NOTES.

The banks did not help with sufficient circulation of the new notes, now we are stranded.

How are we going to get to the office this morning 😭😭😭😭😭😭.

The Bus Stop is filled with humans of organisations with their laptop bags, launch bag, and bottle water with lemon inside.

If you see me at the bus stop standing near you, it is because I don't have New Notes.

My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping.
Copied!
Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Olachase(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
Am not sure you are writing from lagos

3 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
Share your experience
Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Olachase(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
IyaTola:
Share your experience
over here in lagos everything is going fine this evening till on 22nd of this month again

4 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
over here in lagos everything is going fine this evening till on 22nd of this month again
Where in Lagos because in Maza Maza close to the Young park no one is accepting old notes
Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Olachase(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
IyaTola:
Where in Lagos because in Maza Maza close to the Young park no one is accepting old notes
I guess you are talking about this morning till around 1or2pm same here till they announce it news that the old Naira is still legal tender, go and put ur mind at rest we are spending this old money till next year

5 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
I guess you are talking about this morning till around 1or2pm same here till they announce it news that the old Naira is still legal tender
My FWB who is based in Alimosho says they are not collecting old noted. Ijeododo, Igando and Ijegun to be precise

2 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Olachase(m): 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
IyaTola:
My FWB who is based in Alimosho says they are not collecting old noted. Ijeododo, Igando and Ijegun to be precise
pls don't quote me again you are against the old note grin grin

Alimosho way I day right now

Oshodi, Ikeja, Iyana Paja, Alimosho still collecting the old note after Sanwo Olu address lagos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
pls don't quote me again you are against the old note grin grin

Alimosho way I day right now

Oshodi, Ikeja, Iyana Paja, Alimosho still collecting the old note after Sanwo Olu address lagos
Go to any filling station and buy with the old notes. My friend has a shop in Igando she no dey collect

2 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Olachase(m): 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
IyaTola:
Go to any filling station and buy with the old notes. My friend has a shop in Igando she no dey collect
come to A/P filling Station Cement it was boldly written on signboard that 'we are now collecting old note'

God go shame all of una 😁😁😁

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
come to A/P filling Station Cement it was boldly written on signboard that 'we are now collecting old note'

God go shame all of una 😁😁😁
Is cement Alimosho?
Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Olachase(m): 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
IyaTola:
Is cement Alimosho?
didirin so you don't kW we have two cement one fall under Agege and the second one fall under ikeja, the one that fall under ikeja border Alimosho, oponu

Hooo sorry IyaTola from Abia abi na Imo 😅😅😅

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
didirin so you don't kW we have two cement one fall under Agege and the second one fall under ikeja, the one that fall under ikeja border Alimosho, oponu

Hooo sorry IyaTola from Abia abi na Imo 😅😅😅
O mu gor niyen. Oloriburuku omo

2 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
This thread is funny sha.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

2 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Spherica177: 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
I'm still spending old notes in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Remijuice: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2023
Enugu state own is on another level..

People are no longer collecting old notes, chai..

The new notes kwa, we no see.

How can you charge me N1500 to give me 3000?
POS people wicked Shaa.

3 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by nifemi25(m): 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
People aren't accepting old notes of #500 and #1000 any more. Especially those fuel stations.... all total fuel stations aren't accepting old notes. Its either you pay with new note or make use of there POS. Here in ajuwon, akute, alagbole and lambe . Old notes weren't accepted. Even the new notes isn't in circulation

3 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by thedarkened: 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
After working for days, it was time to go home. Meanwhile, days before then while going to work, i noticed that my bank branch that's close to my work place was opened, unlike a week before and i was delighted about that; at least i will be able to withdraw some cash for transport while returning home ( that even prompted me to spend the cash on me).

On getting to the bank, the security man i met asked for my purpose of coming ( to my own bank ooo, when in the past, they were the one begging us to patronize them). i made it clear i was there to withdraw some cash; he gave the usual response, " we are not giving cash, there is no cash".

I was angry and confused at the same time. I had no penny in my pocket and POS was not anywhere around there; i haven't seen anyone and that bank was my only hope. So many thoughts flashed my mind; " will i trek from the island to the mainland"? " " Will I beg motorist " " will i go back to sleep at work"?

Immediately, i quickly restrategise by telling the security man i would like to apply for a new ATM card ( truthfully, that was in my plan as i have lost the one i was previously using).

After gaining access and filling the ATM card form, i was asked to wait, when it was my turn to be attended to, i was told the system is down. I was angry. Immediately i thought of using that opportunity to get some cash in whatever way it was gonna be done! After All, my going home that morning was dependent on me getting cash from the bank.

I quickly told the customer care officer that i would like to see the manager. She said the manager was in a meeting, thereby using that opportunity to ask for the purpose behind my request. I explicitly and sincerely told her my plight and its urgency. She came up with the usual " there is no cash, even me doesn't have cash". I asked her how she got to work and how she intend to go back home. After so many back and forth and how determined i was, they took me to one office and gave me 1500 Naira in 100 Naira denomination which was enough to take me home. I collected it and left.

Its Quite not easy going to work and coming back. But we are pushing.

3 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Rubyjade: 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
thedarkened:
After working for days, it was time to go home. Meanwhile, days before then while going to work, i noticed that my bank branch that's close to my work place was opened, unlike a week before and i was delighted about that; at least i will be able to withdraw some cash for transport while returning home ( that even prompted me to spend the cash on me).

On getting to the bank, the security man i met asked for my purpose of coming ( to my own bank ooo, when in the past, they were the one begging us to patronize them). i made it clear i was there to withdraw some cash; he gave the usual response, " we are not giving cash, there is no cash".

I was angry and confused at the same time. I had no penny in my pocket and POS was not anywhere around there; i haven't seen anyone and that bank was my only hope. So many thoughts flashed my mind; " will i trek from the island to the mainland"? " " Will I beg motorist " " will i go back to sleep at work"?

Immediately, i quickly restrategise by telling the security man i would like to apply for a new ATM card ( truthfully, that was in my plan as i have lost the one i was previously using).

After gaining access and filling the ATM card form, i was asked to wait, when it was my turn to be attended to, i was told the system is down. I was angry. Immediately i thought of using that opportunity to get some cash in whatever way it was gonna be done! After All, my going home that morning was dependent on me getting cash from the bank.

I quickly told the customer care officer that i would like to see the manager. She said the manager was in a meeting, thereby using that opportunity to ask for the purpose behind my request. I explicitly and sincerely told her my plight and its urgency. She came up with the usual " there is no cash, even me doesn't have cash". I asked her how she got to work and how she intend to go back home. After so many back and forth and how determined i was, they took me to one office and gave me 1500 Naira in 100 Naira denomination which was enough to take me home. I collected it and left.

Its Quite not easy going to work and coming back. But we are pushing.

Eyah Pele

1 Like

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Pojomojo: 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
It's been tough and rough

2 Likes

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by IyaTola: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2023
E no easy o

1 Like

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by lavylilly: 4:54am On Feb 24, 2023
We move

1 Like

Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by SMJay: 12:06am On Mar 04, 2023
Olachase:
Yap
Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by Oyindamolah: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2023
wink
Remijuice:
Enugu state own is on another level..

People are no longer collecting old notes, chai..

The new notes kwa, we no see.

How can you charge me N1500 to give me 3000?
POS people wicked Shaa.
Re: My fellow Old Naira notes employees, how are we coping. by lavylilly: 7:02am On Mar 28, 2023
Terrible

(1) (Reply)

Ptdf Results / U.b.a Test At Queens Colledge Tomorrow / Institute Of Petroleum Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.