Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,988 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? (17523 Views)

Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Check out this Conversation Between GTB And A Jobseeker On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Threesha(f): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2022

I believe there are so many Nigerian youths that fall into this category considering the 'man-know-man' syndrome, which determines who gets employed. By "jobless", I don't mean idle. I know there are different kinds of jobs but here I mean your "dream job". That kind of job that will start you up, that will enable you live your dreams. A kind of reward for your hardwork.

You are not sharing your experience because you want to be pitied, but to serve as a source of motivation to someone who has or is almost giving up. Some know how it feels like to stay for 3 months without a job.

Here's an unemployed graduate tale

I finished serving about 3 years ago being very certain that in the shortest possible time, my 'allowee' will turn to salary, khaki to italian suit, jungle boots to italian shoes blablabla, considering my class of degree and associated qualities. I attended my first interview 3 months after service but it didn't work out.

Several books on excelling at job interviews, GMAT, GRE, job forums on WhatsApp, telegram before aptitude tests and interviews yielded no result. I also applied for masters scholarships (local and international) but wasn't shortlisted.

By God's grace and with the help of my family and friends, I am rounding up my masters programme (though in a Nigerian University).

The feelings of not having a job is almost frequent but God has been faithful. Sometimes miraculously but I manage to overcome some financial hurdles. Mind you, I am not slothful; I engage in LEGAL runs and deals that fetch me cash but still looking forward to that level where I will be at least 60 percent financially independent.

However, I am scared because a friend finished masters 3 years ago and his into barbing

Six years is almost gone, but I'm still very positive and hopeful.

0ne, two, five or several years as an applicant, how have you been coping?
Share your experience

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by omababe(f): 12:13am On Sep 15, 2022

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by bupounds: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lets pray for peace and God protection please say a minute prayer for our Country Nigeria daily.
Almighty God we commit Nigeria unto your able hands give us love peace wisdom knowledge and understanding and let Unity rain among us this i pray O LORD. Amen & Amen Blessed be bro & Sis

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by temitope27(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
No job anywhere, so give up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by ogyunging(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Omo
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Chineduokeanwu(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Not easy
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by ecomalchemistt(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
It is well.

No job anywhere, learn a skill or start a business.

Use the internet to your advantage.

In a country of over 200 million people, you can make a good living by appealing to just 1% of the population.

Just 1%.

To understand this better, you need to understand numbers.

Imagine you sell a product and your profit on that product is only N5000.

Just 1% of 200 million would give you something around 10 billion Naira.

The power of numbers is absolutely incredible.

Now, what if you appeal to just 0.1% of a 200m population? And you have a product that gives you a profit of just N1000?

This would amount to something around N20m.

This was how cowbell was cashing out on a low, back in the days, when they focused on selling milk in sachet.

If you know your numbers and you know how to run Direct Response Marketing, you will make lots of money.

There is power in numbers, and understanding your numbers is super incredible.

Business is a number game. Get a pen and paper, sit down, do the maths and know your numbers.

63 Likes 17 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Samtobh(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
I've a story
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Domain flipping.

3 Likes

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Eriggs: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
God na una strength o
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Honchoslim16(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Fraud

2 Likes

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Eriggs: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Samtobh:
I've a story
Story.....
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by charlesedu777: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Change.
when I was in primary school.
I see that are jobless I was laughing today I am jobless for more than 5 years now counting.

In word of Lucky dube
" that my father was a fugitive but today I'm a fugitive."...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Uncletachi: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
grin
I don't look for job....I am a Pro Gambler

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Alaga2222(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
It hasn’t been easy tho but I know someday God will remember me..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Awesomeking: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
It hasnt been easy,since completing nysc in april,over 100 applications,very few call backs or invitations and i am yet to reach interview stage of any favourable position,its either GNLD or marketing position that always invite me...hmmmm..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by mjuvey3: 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
I lost my job some weeks ago.

The company had to shutdown cos of economic woes and inflation.

It has been hell.

This morning,my phone screen broke and I've gone back to using my second button phone.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by jeeqaa7(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
God
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by seanwilliam(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ore ofe sha grin

3 Likes

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Kingxchange44: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
I'm never a fan of working for someone, I'm my own boss even if na biscuits I dey sell I'm ok with it

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Temmylee01(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
Me have improvised, have learnt graphics design, and I'm now learning programming...
So incase you need any designs hola at your bwoy.
I will soon finish my flyers so that y'all can patronize me.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Marisujuaku(f): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
I'm hanging on. I finished NYSC during holidays and I'm still sending application to schools for teaching. Guys, I studied English Education. I have NCE and B. Ed certificate and I'm actually good in my field. I live in Lagos. If there's vacancy nairalanders, una girl full ground.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by juniorstic(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
StrikeBack:
Creating unnecessary threads everyday

Maybe because you are happily employed that is why this seems unnecessary to you sad

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Babafrayol23: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
No job so I focus only on sport betting

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by stunnert(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Las las una go dey alright.

In all you do make sure you have a side/backup plan to japa

2 Likes

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by 9jagovernor: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BUA Group (LASUCO) 2017 Massive Recruitment – How To Apply / Apply For The Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Meadow Hall School Graduate Teachers Trainee Programme 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.