Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race (662 Views)

₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe / PDP Begs Wike As He Alleges Betrayal, ₦1 Billion Bribe / ICPC: We Can’t Prosecute Judges, Lawyers Involved In ₦9.4 Billion Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by floret23(f): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2023
If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race – Obi Blows Hot

Reports of the alleged bribed flooded the social media space on Sunday, with some stakeholders of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, mocking Obi.

The presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi has challenged people spreading fake report that he gave N2 billion bribe to members of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN to gain their support. The allegation was made by a pastor.

The alleged bribed flooded the social media space on Sunday, with some stakeholders of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, mocking Obi.

Reacting, Obi debunked the report saying it is false.

Spokesperson of the Tinubu Shettima campaign council, Festus Keyamo and other APC stalwarts tweeted the allegation on Sunday.

The development followed an alleged petition reportedly written by one Pastor Frank Onwumere and addressed to the CAN President, questioning why the alleged N2bn was shared by some churches, while others were excluded.

Reacting, the CAN National President, Archbishop Daniel Okoh in a swift statement on Sunday said the organization did not receive any money from the presidential candidate.

He vowed to find the source of the petition and take proper action.

Speaking on the matter, the former Anambra governor, in an interview with Channels TV on Monday, said he does not even have N2bn to give anybody.

He challenged those peddling the allegations to come up with evidence, stressing that he is ready to quit the race if the allegation is proven to be true.

He said, “I don’t even have N2bn let alone giving anybody such money. What am I giving them N2bn for? They are clergymen, they should be praying for the country and they don’t need money to do that.

“I believe that the clergymen also have a problem. Their followers are suffering so they want good governance. Why should I give them money? They should give me money to be able to support me in terms of being able to run around for my campaigns.

“I can comfortably tell you that I have never given one Naira to CAN and if anybody can prove that I gave one Naira to CAN, I will stop running”.
https://www.tori.ng/amp/227285/if-you-provide-evidence-i-gave-can-n2-billion-brib.html

1 Like

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Freshtruth(m): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
My vote is for sell if I enter line that day and no agent come bribe me I go carry my card go house go break am. Weda una say how long the money wan last me for 4years enh leave am allow me to worry or help me worry the worry. If Nigeria better he no help me , if he bad he no still help me .
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Freshtruth(m): 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2023
Atiku done follow this one strike deal he dey find exuse to step down.
Kwankwaso just said he is not in a hurry to be president that is sign he might step down for Atiku too.
Politics is a game the people can only wash helplessly why the players play
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by floret23(f): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
Freshtruth:
My vote is for sell if I enter line that day and no agent come bribe me I go carry my card go house go break am. Wwda una say how long the money wan last me for 4years enh leave am allow me to worry my worry.
You sound like an urchin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by floret23(f): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
Freshtruth:
Atiku done follow this one strike deal he dey find exuse to step down.
Kwankwaso just said he is not in a hurry to be president that is sign he might step down for Atiku too.
Politics is a game the people can only wash helplessly why the players play
Stop reasoning like Tinubu grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by ZUKKYY(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
My president no mind unchains. Them too mumu with their fak news

3 Likes

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Babachukwu: 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Our incorruptible incoming president has spoken

4 Likes

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by femisplash: 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
This one will drop dead in a day he doesn't lie. A man who claimed to be richer than American President lying he doesn't have 2billion. 2 billion out of the loot stacked in Pandora is a chicken change.
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Dreal1247: 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
Majority of those speaking against Obi are either bewitched or they have been paid. Even the mighty Gani Adams has seen that the Nigeria of our dreams is in the brain of Mr Peter Obi. Those who want light have made up their minds to support the light bearer, Mr Peter Obi. A New Nigeria Is Possible With Mr Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Godjone(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Why is Obi even replying these low lives?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by floret23(f): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
femisplash:
This
No matter how you express your beef and anger against H.E PETER OBI there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Skillsnigeria: 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
Noted
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by Felabrity: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
All these upcoming bloggers

He no talk this one o
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by femisplash: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
floret23:
No matter how you express your beef and anger against H.E PETER OBI there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.
Peter Obi don carry dis one handicap 🤣🤣
Do you know that Obi had to secure a job for his daughter and relocated her to Lagos due to spate of insecurity in Anambra.
Obi directly had little to nothing to do with the improvement in education in the state other than the missionaries he handed the schools back to. You must be enlightened that Tinubu was the first to hand mission schools back to them as Governor while Obi copied his template in Anambra.
Do you also know that Obi himself as the sitting Governor signed into law the pension law for ex Governors of Anambra state?.
As a majority shareholder of Fidelity bank,he directed all state's ministries and agencies to domicile their accounts with the bank. The bank literally housed the state's revenues. You wonder how the bank's worth which was so small before Obi became Governor suddenly blossomed astronomically during his 8 years. The more money in the bank, the more money in Obi's pocket.
Go verify the claims, if any of them was false, I'd stop taking you for a clown.
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by gidgiddy: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
femisplash:
This one will drop dead in a day he doesn't lie. A man who claimed to be richer than American President lying he doesn't have 2billion. 2 billion out of the loot stacked in Pandora is a chicken change.

You think two billion is two Naira? Not even Dangote can afford to dash someone 2 billion Naira
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by femisplash: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
gidgiddy:

You think two billion is two Naira? Not even Dangote can afford to dash someone 2 billion Naira
Are you a clown?.. Dangote can't afford 2b naira donation😂
Will you crawl back into your hole 🙏
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by floret23(f): 6:07am On Feb 16, 2023
femisplash:

Peter Obi don carry dis one handicap 🤣🤣
Do you know that Obi had to secure a job for his daughter and relocated her to Lagos due to spate of insecurity in Anambra.
Obi directly had little to nothing to do with the improvement in education in the state other than the missionaries he handed the schools back to. You must be enlightened that Tinubu was the first to hand mission schools back to them as Governor while Obi copied his template in Anambra.
Do you also know that Obi himself as the sitting Governor signed into law the pension law for ex Governors of Anambra state?.
As a majority shareholder of Fidelity bank,he directed all state's ministries and agencies to domicile their accounts with the bank. The bank literally housed the state's revenues. You wonder how the bank's worth which was so small before Obi became Governor suddenly blossomed astronomically during his 8 years. The more money in the bank, the more money in Obi's pocket.
Go verify the claims, if any of them was false, I'd stop taking you for a clown.
We yoruba Christians will never vote Tinubu on Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree.

Christians are not minorities, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Mu-Mu ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that before Satan will also punish him. There's no muslim in Nigeria that can vote Christian-Christian ticket.

"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye.
Re: If You Provide Evidence I Gave CAN N2 Billion Bribe, I’ll Quit Presidential Race by nony43(m): 6:09am On Feb 16, 2023
Them go find evidence tire.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Banks Accepting Old 500 And 1000 Naira Notes” / Yahaya Bello Sabotaging Kogi's Election / Labour Wins Kosofe Lg Lagos : Channels Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.