Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 59. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 59. (88 Views)

The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 59. / Simon Odo ‘King Of Satan’ Dies: Enugu Native Doctor Who Married 59 Wives Is Dead / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 59. by PastorSomba(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 59.

Hebrews 11:1, 6 (KJV) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

WHAT IS FAITH: The bible defines faith in Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
There are two key words in this scriptural definition of faith - the word SUBSTANCE and the word EVIDENCE. The word substance comes from the Greek word which literarily means a persuasion or an assurance. In other words that which is able to give persuasion and assurance towards whatever you are hoping for. While the word evidence comes from the Greek word which means a proof or conviction. In other words that which provides a convincing proof or irrevocable proof that what you are hoping for is already yours even though you have not seen the manifestation.

The evidence of things not yet seen is based on the understanding that faith is based on the finished work of God in Christ Jesus. Faith is not based on what God will do for you but what God has already done for you in Christ Jesus. Combining the meaning of these two words we can define faith as follows: Faith is that which gives substance, assurance, persuasion or confidence to whatever we are hoping for or expecting, and that which provides the evidence, proof or conviction that what we are expecting is already ours even though we have not yet seen it physically.

Now what is this substance that gives us the assurance, persuasion and confidence concerning what we are expecting? And what is this evidence that gives us proof and conviction of what we have not physically seen. The bible says Romans 10:17 (KJV) "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Based on this scripture, the word of God is the only source of faith. If the word of God is the only source of faith it means both the substance and the evidence of faith can only be found in the word of God and can only come from the word of God. If the word of God is the only source of faith, then the word of God must be the only substance of the things we are hoping for and the only evidence of all the promises and blessings of God we have not yet physically seen. We can only receive the assurance for our hope and the proof of what we have not seen by hearing the word of God. Grace be with you. Romans 1:16-17; 4:17-21; 8:29-30; Hebrews 11:11; Genesis 15:4-6; John 1:12-13; Mark 6:1-6; Luke 5:15; 6:17; Acts 2:37; 10:44; 14:8-10; Ephesians 1:3-4; 1Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:17; 2Corinthians 1:20; 4:18;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Completing The New Testament In A Year (day123) / Two Men Of Passion... / You Are Christ's Ambassador (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.