Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari (25765 Views)

CBN’s Cashless Policy Has Reduced Terrorists' Activities In North East - Army / 2023: Naira Will Hit ₦5,000 Per Dollar If.... – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by GloriousGbola: 9:36am On Feb 16, 2023
Poor people are struggling for money, burning banks and Buhari actually believes he has minimised influence of money in politics. With the hunger and frustration right now, some people will throw their vote for some packs of indomie

The man is living in his own bubble isolated from reality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by enomakos(m): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2023
Reference:

There are enough laws to make Nigeria as clean as Switzerland but the people, the citizens do not insist that these laws are obeyed.

As a matter of fact, the citizens empower those who break them with reckless abandon time and again.
very true

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by BeauBragnar11: 9:37am On Feb 16, 2023
Lithiumite:

It's obvious who isn't thinking..... someone who sells his vote for just 5k won't have a problem spending the old denominations when given as we speak I still spent the old 1k this morning here in Lagos and many people doing same.

As long as transporters and market people accept them, spending small amounts won't be a problem and trust me state governments know what to do to make people fall in line.

Put your thinking caps on!!

The executive order was given this morning and you expect the news to have circulated to all nooks and crannies.??

Just few minutes after the order, The fuelling station where I was on queue immediately stopped accepting old currencies.

Let's revisit this by weekend.!!!
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by VIKTO83(m): 9:38am On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari is a funny guy.
Was it not on d money induced politics he rode to victory?
If not for the money BAT spent he wouldn't have been able to smell presidency in his lifetime.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by galaxy2020(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2023
Very correct my President.
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Lithiumite: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2023
STINEKPROJECTS1:
and you think Peter Obi doesn’t have access to new note? Go and verify from fidelity bank

I appreciate the fact you know all politicians are same and would readily buy votes if given the chance.......that's why sensible people find it funny when funny people point fingers at a particular candidate as the biggest loser in this currency change debacle.......those who don't want the old denominations to be stopped are still having their way based on this latest Buhari statement....... nothing is going to change and the biggest spender will win,that's the sad reality

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by esosuo: 9:40am On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari is finally trying to cause this country to burn , a man whose family don’t live in Nigeria making irrational decisions thinking he is trying to stop vote buying , why did he not take this decision when he was contesting for second term ? Burning down a house just to kill a rat and not considering other occupants of the building . Is Buhari trying to pay Nigerians back with a bad coin he saved for so long ? If this country should go the way of civil unrest I hope he faces the music with the boldness he made this broadcast because Nigerians are suffering , Nigeria is too big a country to test run a policy like this that can’t work in develop countries , God help the common man in Nigeria because we are always at the receiving end of all their unethical decisions .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by 5starMan: 9:44am On Feb 16, 2023
StagethemTVee:
You love that the President is disobeying the law now. Don’t scream when he refuses to release Kanu at the next hearing date
He already disobeyed the court on Nnamdi Kanu's case and you guys were busy rejoicing.
So if he repeats it now it's not a new thing to us.
As for you hypocrites you that are now sounding like you love the right things done whereas you're trying to install your fellow criminals, we the the sane Nigerians are aware and we believe Buhari is doing this to secure the future of Nigeria just like you rogues told us about his refusal to release a freedom fighter who they sort to kill.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Foolishbuhari: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Sumerians:

In as much i am not into politics and i am not supporting any politician.

Those obi whatever they call themselves are the most stupvdest and dvmb set of people i have ever seen in my dear life.

To Cap it all. The obi or whatever won't even and will never smell Aso-Rock in his entire life.

Nigeria Affairs will always be handled by Northerners & Westerners
Lmao BATfools are not hard to know no matter how much they disguise. Igbophobia will be your undoing

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Lithiumite: 9:51am On Feb 16, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Put your thinking caps on!!

The executive order was given this morning and you expect the news to have circulated to all nooks and crannies.??

Just few minutes after the order, The fuelling station where I was on queue immediately stopped accepting old currencies.

Let's revisit this by weekend.!!!

If I don't have any thinking cap,I definitely wouldn't borrow yours......this statement by Buhari has given a leeway for people to continue to circulate the old denominations till April 10th.....filling stations will accept and in turn sell to pos operators who will then redistribute in small amounts to the masses who will willingly accept because they desperately need any form of respite as we speak.

Any filing station or market that refuses to collect will be harrased and hounded by the state governments through their agents......and nobody would want their business places to be picketed and attacked by thugs because Buhari or emefiele can't protect everyone.
As we speak the market leaders in Lagos are already threatening anyone that refuses to accept the old notes with locking up of their stalls or shops.....go and call Buhari or emefiele to come save you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Nopretence: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2023
[If u are not close to the cookie Jackie,u don't know what game level politicians playing,if u think this politician most especially tinubu will be affected with this policy,mehn don't fool yourself,if street urchins mc oluomo son can be able to have two Ghana must go back full of new currency with him,how many will oluomo himself will have,then tinubu he godfather will have bullion vans load of it.quote author=PrinceOfLagos post=120949195]Buhari just gave Tinubu an upper cut

We love it , We love it 😂😆[/quote]
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Diligence: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2023
Fatal Upper Cut from PMB...In other words: The Buck Stops Here! Talk To Me - Buhari

Take Back Your Country
VoteObiDattiforABetterNigeria
ItIsNowOrNever
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by seaenergy: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2023
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/2023-naira-redesign-policy-has-minimised-influence-of-money-in-politics-buhari/

I was never a Buhari political supporter, But i start singing praises of him since redesigned of Naira, Buhari i wish you started this type of police for very longtime. You have done well, this is best policy you ever made that i am happy with. God bless you PMB
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by BeauBragnar11: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2023
Lithiumite:

If I don't have any thinking cap,I definitely wouldn't borrow yours......this statement by Buhari has given a leeway for people to continue to circulate the old denominations till April 10th.....filling stations will accept and in turn sell to pos operators who will then redistribute in small amounts to the masses who will willingly accept because they desperately need any form of respite as we speak.

Any filing station or market that refuses to collect will be harrased and hounded by the state governments through their agents......and nobody would want their business places to be picketed and attacked by thugs because Buhari or emefiele can't protect everyone.
As we speak the market leaders in Lagos are already threatening anyone that refuses to accept the old notes with locking up of their stalls or shops.....go and call Buhari or emefiele to come save you.

STFU.!!!

We are talking about real power brokers, this wan dey mention Iyaloja. grin grin

Enjoy your tissue paper!! grin
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by LordAdam16: 9:59am On Feb 16, 2023
MartinsD12:

We don't even need the old 200 naira notes, if buhari can mandate CBN to print more new naira notes, bring out task force by same CBN making sure that this new naira notes don't fall into the hands of politicans again like the first one did , fund banks with enough of this new notes by the time everyone go to the bank and withdraw 5k worth of new 200 naira, 10k worth of new 1000 naira and 8k Worth of new 500 naira do this consistently before 22th February the new naira will circulates the problem now is CBN is not printing the new money again what we have now it's scarce you hardly see the new naira why because it's Short in supply what was printed is around 300billion with CBN collecting almost 3trillion old naira notes, even the 300billion was not properly distributed, politicans and business people who are banks big customers had big share of the money

Bros, no number of taskforce enforcers can stop new notes from falling into the hands of politicians.

That is why the CBN has limited the disbursement of new notes. The lion share of any major distribution will go to the politicians. They're desperate. The miscreants that hire thugs and assassins will not mind paying double for new notes. Will you pay double for new notes (that is you'll be debited 10K, but given 5K new notes)?

And if you're a Bank Manager, who will you favor? A politician that can give you a contract plus bribe of more than your annual salary or regular bank customers who can stop using their accounts at any time?

The politicians have sabotaged the policy already. Any more leeway will make the policy completely ineffectual.

The nincompoops that want to arrest Emefiele can impeach Buhari as well. Make dem dey play.

-Lord
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by descarado: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2023
Disappointed with obidients.
Too emotional.
Election is Saturday weekend and they are here hosting instead of trying to win over some people.
The same way they chest beaten about wike and wike dribbled them.
And they still believed wike dribbled tinubu.
Wike that is looking for soft landing.
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Lithiumite: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

STFU.!!!

We are talking about real power brokers, this wan dey mention Iyaloja. grin grin

Enjoy your tissue paper!! grin

Real power brokers need boots on ground to push their agenda......on this policy,Buhari and emefiele doesn't have that.....it's emefiele I pity,Buhari will leave him high and dry and he will be used as the sacrificial Dog by the time people start calling for his head.

Remember dasuki,metuh,madueke etal,while GEJ and is wife are moving around freely without any scratch.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Amayabor1: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2023
This Buhari sef! grin grin. But Tinubu used money to make sure you win the 2015 and 2019 elections. Even bullion vans entered his compound a day to the 2019 presidential election. Now, you are doing this. Anyways, that's good for Tinubu and urchins. Show them more pepper! grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by BeauBragnar11: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2023
Lithiumite:

Real power brokers need boots on ground to push their agenda......on this policy,Buhari and emefiele doesn't have that.....it's emefiele I pity,Buhari will leave him high and dry and he will be used as the sacrificial Dog by the time people start calling for his head.

Remember dasuki,metuh,madueke etal,while GEJ and is wife are moving around freely without any scratch.

Urchin go rest.
You're beginning to wail more than Tinubu grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Goodcitizen99(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2023
hisexcellency34:
This policy may favour the candidate that doesn't give shishi
jagaban won't like this news walahi
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Lithiumite: 10:14am On Feb 16, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Urchin go rest.
You're beginning to wail more than Tinubu grin grin grin

That's even if tinubu or myself is bothered one bit about this confused policy of emefiele.....if you thought those politicians are bothered about spending cash to influence elections then I am sorry you are mundanely too oversimplistic in your reasoning which depicts low IQ......their fear is just that they know tinubu would outspend them.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Advancedman(m): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Minimize what? It has rather amplified the influence of money in politics.
Just watch. People will be most willing to trade votes for new notes because they are now scarce and things are expensive.
Pointless.
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by MartinsD12(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2023
LordAdam16:

Bros, no number of taskforce enforcers can stop new notes from falling into the hands of politicians.

That is why the CBN has limited the disbursement of new notes. The lion share of any major distribution will go to the politicians. They're desperate. The miscreants that hire thugs and assassins will not mind paying double for new notes. Will you pay double for new notes (that is you'll be debited 10K, but given 5K new notes)?

And if you're a Bank Manager, who will you favor? A politician that can give you a contract plus bribe of more than your annual salary or regular bank customers who can stop using their accounts at any time?

The politicians have sabotaged the policy already. Any more leeway will make the policy completely ineffectual.

The nincompoops that want to arrest Emefiele can impeach Buhari as well. Make dem dey play.

-Lord
I understand but then even CBN agree that they have not printed enough new naira notes that's the problem
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Advancedman(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2023
RichDad1:
Dey play. It’s actually makes vote selling more enticing.
People are desperate for cash and might not think twice before they sold votes for few new notes.

Negative IQ
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by BeauBragnar11: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2023
Lithiumite:

That's even if tinubu or myself is bothered one bit about this confused policy of emefiele.....if you thought those politicians are bothered about spending cash to influence elections then I am sorry you are mundanely too oversimplistic in your reasoning which depicts low IQ......their fear is just that they know tinubu would outspend them.

Urchin you're working overtime now grin grin grin

Do they pay for overtime now?? grin
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Jilo83(m): 10:20am On Feb 16, 2023
But they did not share naira during primary. Dollars still dey
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Gospel2Day: 10:24am On Feb 16, 2023
If he's truly serious and sincere about minimizing the influence of money in our elections, he should have done what he is doing now in 2019, when he was seeking reelection.
He has shown how self-seeking and self-centered he is.
He wants to block now what has benefitted him TWICE, in 2015 and 2019.
I'm not saying to minimize the influence of money in our elections is wrong.
But he should have used his own reelection in 2019 as a good example.
He should have brought up change of currency few months before 2019 elections.
He should have removed fuel subsidy also in his first term.
But true to his self-centered attitude, he has shifted it to June, the first month of the next president in office.
He just likes to push hard policies to others to handle and battle.
When Yar-Adua got to power, he quickly admitted that the political/electoral process that brought him to office was flawed. And he promised to fix it.
Buhari knew the money politics that Tinubu and Amaechi played to make him win both the primary and presidential elections.
But he didn't do anything to address it in his 8 years in office.
But now that he is leaving office, he now suddenly realizes it's time to REDUCE THE INFLUENCE OF MONEY in our elections.
What an insincere fellow!
Profiting from corruption, but "hating and fighting" corruption when he won't be the beneficiary of the corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Lithiumite: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Urchin you're working overtime now grin grin grin

Do they pay for overtime now?? grin

Only a hungry man doesn't have time to do what they like to do at anytime they choose......I love having fun and that I am doing right now
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2023
We will have to see that on the 25th of Feb.
Re: 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari by Max82: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2023
Yes I agree with y Mr President. A senatorial candidate came to campaign yesterday in anambra yesterday couldn't provide cash for his campaign rather she make transfer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wounded Soldiers Celebrate Eid-El-Fitri In Borno (Photos) / Police Invade Dino Melaye's House, Beat Up Security Guard Severely - Ben Bruce / National Electricity Grid Crashes From 3,703MW To 9MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.