Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) (28080 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke, It’s Political Elites That Are “Broque” By Farooq Kperogi / Datti Baba-ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites For Resisting Obi's Candidacy / Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & LP Officials Land In Benue In An "Obidient" Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by ogatboy(m): 12:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
After going through this tread, I see Agbado people still trying to stoke ethnic division. Dead on arrival.
People will vote for Peter Obi from the north and he would win

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by PeterObi4LP: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

Aboki no dey betray themselves

I won't be surprise if Datti is also working against Obi...
You could see despite all the atrocity Atiku committed in the past ...none of the northern elite could work against him ....He is heavily supported in the north with spending shi shi...
Aboki people can never support or trust Nyamiri ..
So also is Nyamiri people ...Obi is not spending shi shi in the Yeast and he is getting their votes ...going to Alaba, Oshod, Computer village where his people presence are......nyamiri people also are trustworthy but Yoruba people....dont trust them because they will definitely betray you.....nah yoruba people be the real problem of this county ...many of them are not trustworthy..

Balablue shut up! Datti is refined and educated. He's not one of those illiterate from up North. Datti family are educated and not urchins like you.

10 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by PeterObi4LP: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
BATified2023:
the northerners have worked with all tribes in Nigeria except d igbos

That is because Igbos don't bow to slavery like the South West

5 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by EngrKemp: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
Tofax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTilaX10hA

As the race for the presidency intensifies across Nigeria's political landscape ahead of the much-anticipated general elections, a video showing the moment the vice presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed tackled the northern political class opposing his candidacy and that of his principal, Peter Gregory Obi, has surfaced online.

While addressing a hall filled with governors, elders, and political elites at the Northern Assembly on Wednesday, Datti, who is the younger brother to the Spokesman for the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, stated that the reason why the Arewa region has not had good leaders in government is because they do not like to hear or speak the truth when it matters the most.

Going further, the Labour Party VP candidate tackled northern leaders for attempting to resist the candidacy of Peter Obi despite knowing his track records and antecedents as former Anambra governor.

Rounding up his speech, Datti insisted that those opposing the Obi-Datti ticket among the region's political elites would not be able to stop the Labour Party from emerging victorious because Nigerians have since decided to vote for competence and capacity.

"Irresponsible governance is responsible for the situation we are in. Where you see the problem, we see the solution. Our history and records have shown that we were able to create wealth, we did not derive wealth from the government. Logically speaking, we know how to move Nigeria from consumption to production. We are the ones who will bring an end to this endemic corruption. Imagine a governor who served 8 years without borrowing a penny, left 75 billion behind for his state, and refused to sign a law that would have enabled him to collect money.

Match that with a vice, who, when in 2006, they were selling Apo houses, not that the Act was wrong, but I disagreed with the principle of repayment. I was the only Senator among the 360 that refused to buy. The truth of the matter is that we don't say the truth, we don't like the truth, and we don't support the truth. And that is why we have not yet been able to touch Allah's Rahma (God's mercy) by getting the right leaders. Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. That idea now is that Nigerians have decided to vote for competence that you can trust, characters that you know, compassion that you can feel, and capacity that has been proven. We shall meet at the polls."
Very very Powerful Speech..

This Speech alone is enough to reset the northern hegemony way of thinking

8 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by gigabyte13: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
He ended up saying
"WE SHALL MEET AT THE POLLS"
Fine, refined, refurbished speech
Issokay, let's go there

9 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Jaylord12(m): 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Igbo people are naturally dubious people when it comes to business. Even I prefer buying things from a Hausa man than going to an Igbo man's shop to buy.
However, I see a character in Peter Obi which is very different from that of his kinsmen.

You are right...in all honesty I don't like buying things from Igbos but I think Obi play by a different set of rules

2 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by 2elliot: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
BATified2023:
See this fool. An Igbo man, Azikiwe gave up his ambition for a northerner to become prime minister even though an alliance with Awolowo would have made him the prime minister. Buhari had an Igbo running mate.
If there is any tribe that northers love the most, it is the igbos. The only challenge in having a truly functional relationship between the Igbos and the northerners is because of the igbos stubbornness to undermine their religious leaning. If the igbos had accepted Islam even as half of as the Yoruba population did, they would have had a very strong bond politically, socially and economically. A bond that would have had the igbos dominating the entire south effortlessly. The influence of Yoruba Muslims on the northerners are so minimal that it can barely be felt; but if it were igbos in their shoes, it would have been powerful.
One thing again, if the igbos could keep quiet about secession and then willing to play the game just as the northeners do, deciding to enjoy and chop the resources of others. They will become good allies with the north.

4 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Paramount01(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
cheesy angry
DaddyFreeze2020:

Igbo people are naturally dubious people when it comes to business. Even I prefer buying things from a Hausa man than going to an Igbo man's shop to buy.
However, I see a character in Peter Obi which is very different from that of his kinsmen.

Chairman, they are the same thing

Obi is just another refublish Buhari, Al Igbo are the same

2 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Hessem: 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
BATified2023:
Yes because igbos are smarter than them. Igbos is the only tribe in Nigeria that u can't enslave. Other tribes can lick their ass but an Igbo man can't

4 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Pabloma: 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
Tofax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTilaX10hA

As the race for the presidency intensifies across Nigeria's political landscape ahead of the much-anticipated general elections, a video showing the moment the vice presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed tackled the northern political class opposing his candidacy and that of his principal, Peter Gregory Obi, has surfaced online.

While addressing a hall filled with governors, elders, and political elites at the Northern Assembly on Wednesday, Datti, who is the younger brother to the Spokesman for the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, stated that the reason why the Arewa region has not had good leaders in government is because they do not like to hear or speak the truth when it matters the most.

Going further, the Labour Party VP candidate tackled northern leaders for attempting to resist the candidacy of Peter Obi despite knowing his track records and antecedents as former Anambra governor.

Rounding up his speech, Datti insisted that those opposing the Obi-Datti ticket among the region's political elites would not be able to stop the Labour Party from emerging victorious because Nigerians have since decided to vote for competence and capacity.

"Irresponsible governance is responsible for the situation we are in. Where you see the problem, we see the solution. Our history and records have shown that we were able to create wealth, we did not derive wealth from the government. Logically speaking, we know how to move Nigeria from consumption to production. We are the ones who will bring an end to this endemic corruption. Imagine a governor who served 8 years without borrowing a penny, left 75 billion behind for his state, and refused to sign a law that would have enabled him to collect money.

Match that with a vice, who, when in 2006, they were selling Apo houses, not that the Act was wrong, but I disagreed with the principle of repayment. I was the only Senator among the 360 that refused to buy. The truth of the matter is that we don't say the truth, we don't like the truth, and we don't support the truth. And that is why we have not yet been able to touch Allah's Rahma (God's mercy) by getting the right leaders. Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. That idea now is that Nigerians have decided to vote for competence that you can trust, characters that you know, compassion that you can feel, and capacity that has been proven. We shall meet at the polls."
Which track record Obi get!!!!!!......?... mumu

2 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by JAWBONE(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

You could see despite all the atrocity Atiku committed in the past ...none of the northern elite could work against him ....He is heavily supported in the north with spending shi shi...
So also is Nyamiri people ...Obi is not spending shi shi in the Yeast and he is getting their votes ...going to Alaba, Oshod, Computer village where his people presence are......nyamiri people also are trustworthy but Yoruba people....dont trust them because they will definitely betray you.....nah yoruba people be the real problem of this county ...many of them are not trustworthy..

Shut up your stupid mouth and stop talking like someone who has lost their senses to alcohol
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
NewNg1:
Nairaland has been too silent. Are the mods affected by PMB today's broadcast.

They're fishing for propaganda to use in explaining away Tinubu's idiocy at his Rivers State Campaign rally.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Salvador1: 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
BATified2023:
they are all d same

The same deciet of holy angel
they are not.
Obi is totally different.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by reddingtonblack: 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Characters like what and what
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Atlantis585: 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
I was so proud listening to this guy speak.

So eloquent, full of ideas, and fearles with concrete solutions to our problems.

Not somebody who can not make more than 2 sentences without gaffes.

Not the candidate who cannot interact with people without being controlled like a toddler.

Not the VP candidate who funded and help create Bokoharam who now wants to be next to the levers of our nation’s power

4 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
JAWBONE:

Shut up your stupid mouth and stop talking like someone who has lost their senses to alcohol

This is utmost disrespect to anything alcohol please!

I drink but I've never sounded that stupid. Don't do this kind of comparison again, make we no get problem!

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by maestroferddi: 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
If you after seeing this brainpower and intellect, chose to vote for a bunch of spent old folks, then I cannot help you...

Imagine this dude as a vice president allowed to systematically ferret out all the undesirable elements in the north masquerading as politicians...

2 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by EngrKemp: 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
Racoon:
Datti stated that the reason why the Arewa region has not had good leaders in government is because they do not like to hear or speak the truth when it matters the most.

"Irresponsible governance is responsible for the situation we are in. Where you see the problem, we see the solution. Our history and records have shown that we were able to create wealth, we did not derive wealth from the government.

Logically speaking, we know how to move Nigeria from consumption to production. We are the ones who will bring an end to this endemic corruption. Imagine a governor who served 8 years without borrowing a penny, left 75 billion behind for his state, and refused to sign a law that would have enabled him to collect money.
Very Powerful Speech

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Therealjosh1992: 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
I don't understand a lot of us in this country, a man is out there speaking truth to power and you are here, typing this your hate filled and tribalistic message, how have the north and so called allignment with the west helped this country, the northerners hate the truth and it has stagnated this country for so long, the earlier we unite and fight for a common course(to make this country progressive) the better for us...nations have left us behind, and a lot more might leave us behind, and the worst part is that you coming here to defend these thieves, would not put their stolen billions into your bank account, let's better wise up, 8 years of our lives is such a long time.
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

4 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Liebermantic: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:

Let me respond to your absurd comment in a way that you will understand

Kedu ihe mere obodo ahụ mgbe PDP nọ n'ọchịchị? Enwere nnukwu nrụrụaka na ịtọrọ mmadụ bụ azụmahịa iwu na mpaghara ...ugbua Apc agbalila ikpochapụ ufodu ihe ojoo na ahuhu unu tubara obodo n'ime ma unu ka na-ata otu pati ...PDP ochichi maka afo iri abuo o nweghi ihe. gosi ya...
Ọ bụghị gị kpatara ya, n'ihi na ị na-aghọ aghụghọ na enweghị ikike iche echiche nke ọma .. na ụfọdụ ịdị adị, ị nwere ike bute obodo gị niile nje na-amaghị ihe.
Google translator did a very nice Job for you here but we are voting for Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Salvador1: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
Paramount01:
cheesy angry

Chairman, they are the same thing

Obi is just another refublish Buhari, Al Igbo are the same
Obi is totally different.
Let's give him a trial simple.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Guyman01: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
Very powerful speech, I am proud of him and have resolved to cast my vote for them and clear my conscience

6 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Therealjosh1992: 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
How has that prospered the nation?
DaddyFreeze2020:

Just the same way they don't trust or will give power to Bala blu...
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by fk001(m): 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
Cry cry baby featherweight politician cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by ghiloman28(m): 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
Datti can’t win his ward not to talk of local government he should cry less
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Thomasankara(m): 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
[/color]what do u say about Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikiww[color=#770077]
BATified2023:
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Therealjosh1992: 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
In Nigeria a lot of people are dubious is not tribe related, even you pointing finger in your small corner might be dubious, so cut the tribe nonsense.
DaddyFreeze2020:

3 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
The most useless statement I have ever heard. No wonder, herdsmen said Boko is Haram while Almajirin is Halal.

Buhari said Naira Redesign has curbed vote buying when election has not taken place which means in 2015 and 2019 he won through vote buying. Since he was a poor man in 2014/2015, some people might have bought those votes for him. In 2019 he bought the votes himself and the votes buying only worked in the North because despite Tinubu bringing of money in two bullion vans for APC polling agents and officials, PDP without spending a dime won 3 out the 6 States in South West. Where were the votes bought with money ?

Redemption Camp.

No Bank is paying. No money in ATM. People are restricted outside the Banking Hall.

To sabotage the situation MTN with estimated over Forty Million users is not working. This shows that MTN network is indirectly being monitored and use to frustrate people to prevent intra and inter communities and States communication.

Northern Elders Forum where Buhari was their former President said the North still has four years to spend. Ango Abdulahi their leader spoke yesterday, Buhari their past president spoke today as the nation's president.
Obasanjo is a disaster to the Yorubas.

We shall see how it is going to end.

MTN network is down again at Redemption camp and environment just as it happened on Tuesday to complement the frustrations from Banks. It is okay. This is a pure sabotage.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Mccullum: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
This is expression of his frustration concerning support he and his principal expected from Northern people,

Obi now pushing him to talk to his people. He knew that they won't support his party. North won't support what they were not part of its

growing process because of the protection of their interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

These four (4) Cities Are Competing Amongst Themselves, Wch Is Winning (pics) / AK-47 For Herders: Bala Mohammed Says He Was Misunderstood / Boko Haram: Bomb Blast In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.