Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) (28072 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke, It’s Political Elites That Are “Broque” By Farooq Kperogi / Datti Baba-ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites For Resisting Obi's Candidacy / Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & LP Officials Land In Benue In An "Obidient" Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Biafraaa: 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. That idea now is that Nigerians have decided to vote for competence that you can trust, characters that you know, compassion that you can feel, and capacity that has been proven. We shall meet at the polls."
Urchins can't comprehend this.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by egbetokuns(m): 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

Aboki no dey betray themselves

I won't be surprise if Datti is also working against Obi...
You could see despite all the atrocity Atiku committed in the past ...none of the northern elite could work against him ....He is heavily supported in the north with spending shi shi...
Aboki people can never support or trust Nyamiri ..
So also is Nyamiri people ...Obi is not spending shi shi in the Yeast and he is getting their votes ...going to Alaba, Oshod, Computer village where his people presence are......nyamiri people also are trustworthy but Yoruba people....dont trust them because they will definitely betray you.....nah yoruba people be the real problem of this county ...many of them are not trustworthy..

Love your neighbors as yourself. What you don’t have and you want it. Work hard for it.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by able20(m): 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Igbo people are naturally dubious people when it comes to business. Even I prefer buying things from a Hausa man than going to an Igbo man's shop to buy.
However, I see a character in Peter Obi which is very different from that his kinsmen.
OLODO, go to school you say NO.
Conductor for Ojuelegba you are.
Dubious people naa Accountant General of Nigeria Ahmed Idris Stole 220 Million Dollars. And returned $900,000
2) Bola Ahmed Tinubu his Stolen money was found in 2 Bullion Vans in his residence to buy votes during the election

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Freebills12: 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

You could see despite all the atrocity Atiku committed in the past ...none of the northern elite could work against him ....He is heavily supported in the north with spending shi shi...
So also is Nyamiri people ...Obi is not spending shi shi in the Yeast and he is getting their votes ...going to Alaba, Oshod, Computer village where his people presence are......nyamiri people also are trustworthy but Yoruba people....dont trust them because they will definitely betray you.....nah yoruba people be the real problem of this county ...many of them are not trustworthy..

The only problem with likes of you is that you are purely evil! In 1998 and 2003 did you and your vote for Obasnjo? The Easterners you are insulting voted for a Yuroba man at the expense of their brother. Do you have conscience at all?

2 Likes

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Tareq1105: 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Obi left money bcoz he was not implementing the budget after all the money was supposed to have been captured in the budget passed by the house of assembly.

What was the money meant for in the budget for the year? Every Kobo in the budget line has its corresponding expenditure.

And where did he saved the money?

Fidelity Bank, where he was former chairman. Can you see the conflict of interest? Was Anambra State fairly treated in this deal?

Obi kept the money there to boost his Bank Depositors Funds in order to escape CBN sanctions.

How much interest was paid on the money? No shishi.

kayone2:
He touched a very salient point: the criteria for choosing who to vote for should be results they got during their previous time in office.

Imagine inheriting debt from your predecessor to the tune of billions of naira.

Then you ran the affairs of the indebted governed for 8 whole years without borrowing a dime. Not that you left important things undone. In fact, you cleared all salary arears, pensions and gratuities, took the state education to number ONE stop, made the state (once at the mercy of kidnappers) very peaceful and attracted investors, tackled erosion, flood and many other problems the state was facing.

Then at expiration of your tenure, no you DID NOT hand over a state more indebted than you met it. No, not a state that was owing less than the amount it was owing 8 years earlier when you assumed office.

You handed over a state N75billion richer in addition to other investments. Wow!! Just wow

Show me any Nigeria state governor who has conquered greed for money and I will show you a man deserve of our votes, no matter which region he's coming from.

What a legacy!!!

If that was easy, why are others not doing it?

Late president Yar'Adua was the only other governor in the entire history of Nigeria who left money for his successor after governing Zamfara State in 2007, and all he left only N50 billion. And we could see how good his presidency was when he got elected.

Imagine how much more Peter Obi's administration poise to better the lives of Nigerians
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Mrtaye: 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

Dubious propagandist

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by bennyflipy(m): 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
He should go and sit down.

Someone that won't win his polling unit in Zaria.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by CHIGIM: 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
I hate it when i see tribalistic animal in human form.
I don't think u watched the video bc if u did at no point in the video igbo or any other tribe was mentioned.

Dey there dey play bc Wetin dey for front is more than religion or tribe put together Even jesus and Mohamed all have taken back sit bc na we dey fell the pain.
Just mark am the country with the highest black population and the centre of all black human wants to wake up.
And its not about the North East West or South.
Please think like human no be cause

DaddyFreeze2020:

Igbo people are naturally dubious people when it comes to business. Even I prefer buying things from a Hausa man than going to an Igbo man's shop to buy.
However, I see a character in Peter Obi which is very different from that of his kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Tareq1105: 1:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

The only problem with likes of you is that you are purely evil! In 1998 and 2003 did you and your vote for Obasnjo? The Easterners you are insulting voted for a Yuroba man at the expense of their brother. Do you have conscience at all?

You voted Obasanjo bcoz you didn't have choice, it was Yoruba (PDP Obasanjo) versus Yoruba (AD Falaye) so you don't have choice. No other options.

Obasanjo became the choice of your people bcoz you people knew he was not the choice of Yorubas.

Let it be for the record.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by mrvitalis(m): 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
BATified2023:
the northerners have worked with all tribes in Nigeria except d igbos
Lol go and ready history
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by ComeToJesus: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
Confident.
Sure-footed.
Bold.
Revolutionary.
Untainted.
Resolute.
Determined.
Disruptive.

Labour party with souch confidence going into the polls.

"Let's meet at the polls - Datti Yusuf Ahmed".
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by 5starMan: 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Onyiridike:

You are wrong.
Northerners prefer Igbos but they know that Igbos are daring and cannot accept to play second fiddle absolutely.
Buhari worked with Igbos in all his political career but decided to shift to yorubas because Igbos refused to vote for him.
Shangari had Ekwueme as his VP.
Yaradua had Goodluck as VP
North Central is the backbone of Obidient movement.

Some of you are not supposed to discourse politics. Goodluck is not an Igbo man.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by 5starMan: 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:

Let me respond to your absurd comment in a way that you will understand

Kedu ihe mere obodo ahụ mgbe PDP nọ n'ọchịchị? Enwere nnukwu nrụrụaka na ịtọrọ mmadụ bụ azụmahịa iwu na mpaghara ...ugbua Apc agbalila ikpochapụ ufodu ihe ojoo na ahuhu unu tubara obodo n'ime ma unu ka na-ata otu pati ...PDP ochichi maka afo iri abuo o nweghi ihe. gosi ya...
Ọ bụghị gị kpatara ya, n'ihi na ị na-aghọ aghụghọ na enweghị ikike iche echiche nke ọma .. na ụfọdụ ịdị adị, ị nwere ike bute obodo gị niile nje na-amaghị ihe.
This your google translation is rubbish...
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by codedguy1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
Tareq1105:

He knew the North would not vote Obi. He spoke the same way Tinubu spoke then but he's a paper weight politician so no one is listening to him or take him serious.

One thing I deduce here is that Datti Ahmed is younger brother to Dr Baba-Ahmed. I now know why the man came on channels TV politics tonight sometimes last Dec to destroy Tinubu saying that North wouldn't vote him. Now I know.

Hope obidients are online on this thrend.

Obi himself knows that the north is not his stronghold so anything he gets from there is welcome. Buhari had the north on lockdown and still lost elections numerous times.

Reasonable, sensible, fair, educated, non bigoted, detribalized, exposed, enlightened masses, especially Omoluabis that know that APC and Tinubu is not the answer now will vote for Obi.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by femisplash: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
PeterObi4LP:

That is because Igbos don't bow to slavery like the South West
Ibos sef 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Olugboye226(m): 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

You ve spoken well Comrade. Common sense is indeed not common.

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by HBB1(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
membranus:

But Azikwe licked Tafawa Balewa/Sardauna's ass in the first republic politics.

Know your history before making a general statement.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by MiraDonaz: 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

However, I see a character in Peter Obi which is very different from that of his kinsmen.
An Hausa man took my goods worth thousands of naira, up till date. He's no where to be found.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by HBB1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
franchasng:
The North never trusted Yorubas right from 1960.

2015 is the only time the North worked together with Southwest and Buhari did it out of desperate desire to become President after Igbos refused to vote for him for 3 consecutive times he contested with an Igbo VP.

Tafawa Belewa worked with Nnamdi Azikiwe sidelining Awolowo in the 1963.

Shehu Shagari worked with Alex Ekwueme in 1979.

Tofa worked with Sylvester Ugo in 1993 election which MKO later won.

Buhari worked with different Igbos, from Okadigbo to just name it.

Atiku worked with Obi and now Ifeanyi Okowa.

Yaradua worked with Goodluck Ebele Jonathan whom they see till today as Igbo man.

Other tribes don't trust Yorubas politically because Yorubas are political betrayers once its not going their way.

Who did the Yorubas politically betray?

Remember Azikiwe making an agreement in the South before running to the North to be a Yes-boy to Ahmadu Bello?

Remember the 1966 coup where Azikiwe suddenly went on leave before the plot was carried out?
Or how nothing happened in the S.East whilst others were massacred?

Remember how another Igbo man then seized power and cetralized the government?

I am also sure you have seen Ahmadu Bello talk on TV about what he thought of Igbos.

You can't have lived in the North, and yet say what you did.

You must be joking if you think the Core North trusts the Igbos.
cheesy

I will leave you to it though, continue your ignorant bliss.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

continue with your bitter hatred for Yorubas that's what is affecting you people.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by cheerishMe: 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
Onyiridike:

You are wrong.
Northerners prefer Igbos but they know that Igbos are daring and cannot accept to play second fiddle absolutely.
Buhari worked with Igbos in all his political career but decided to shift to yorubas because Igbos refused to vote for him.
Shangari had Ekwueme as his VP.
Yaradua had Goodluck as VP
North Central is the backbone of Obidient movement.
To add something, since Buhari becomes a president hw many yoruba state has he visited? But irrespective of that hatred they feel about Hausa hating igbos, he has been to imo state 7 times more than any state in the west, just think about that
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Solocoin: 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
Datti brother is the spokeman of the Northern Elite's forum and you expect the brother to leave his brother and support another person. This election go sweet for North.
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Billygee2u: 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
Tofax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTilaX10hA

As the race for the presidency intensifies across Nigeria's political landscape ahead of the much-anticipated general elections, a video showing the moment the vice presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed tackled the northern political class opposing his candidacy and that of his principal, Peter Gregory Obi, has surfaced online.

While addressing a hall filled with governors, elders, and political elites at the Northern Assembly on Wednesday, Datti, who is the younger brother to the Spokesman for the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, stated that the reason why the Arewa region has not had good leaders in government is because they do not like to hear or speak the truth when it matters the most.

Going further, the Labour Party VP candidate tackled northern leaders for attempting to resist the candidacy of Peter Obi despite knowing his track records and antecedents as former Anambra governor.

Rounding up his speech, Datti insisted that those opposing the Obi-Datti ticket among the region's political elites would not be able to stop the Labour Party from emerging victorious because Nigerians have since decided to vote for competence and capacity.

"Irresponsible governance is responsible for the situation we are in. Where you see the problem, we see the solution. Our history and records have shown that we were able to create wealth, we did not derive wealth from the government. Logically speaking, we know how to move Nigeria from consumption to production. We are the ones who will bring an end to this endemic corruption. Imagine a governor who served 8 years without borrowing a penny, left 75 billion behind for his state, and refused to sign a law that would have enabled him to collect money.

Match that with a vice, who, when in 2006, they were selling Apo houses, not that the Act was wrong, but I disagreed with the principle of repayment. I was the only Senator among the 360 that refused to buy. The truth of the matter is that we don't say the truth, we don't like the truth, and we don't support the truth. And that is why we have not yet been able to touch Allah's Rahma (God's mercy) by getting the right leaders. Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. That idea now is that Nigerians have decided to vote for competence that you can trust, characters that you know, compassion that you can feel, and capacity that has been proven. We shall meet at the polls."
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by patrickcollins: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
BATified2023:
they are all d same

The same deciet of holy angel
After 8 years as Governor in Anambra State, he did not receive not even a plot of land, his wife, children have no property in their names as being related to a Governor. Since he left office he has not receive a kobo from Anambra as pension or whatevere, he is in deed a rare gem. Can you say the same about the person you are supporting.

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by jjxxx: 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:
I trust aboki

When has any Igbo group supported Yoruba candidacy in Nigeria? Here u have most Yoruba groups and forums and individuals supporting PO. I myself and my entire family are all OBIdient and I and a Yoruba man married to a delta Igbo woman. Most of u get the true Yoruba wrong. Mistaking Muslim Yoruba for the rest. Even at that, there are still good Yoruba Muslim that stands for the truth.
Truth be told, igbos are most dubious among all tribes in Nigeria. An Igbo man can even betray his fellow Igbo man because of materialism or selfish gain. The most disunited tribe in Nigeria. I schooled in UNIZIK and I know how tribalistic igbos are. But I still don’t care about that and I remain OBIdient because we see some light in him.
Obi-Datti for 2023 till 2030

1 Like

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by kamalbob(m): 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
Hmm Datti you will be the first victim when Ipob take over. They will frustrate you out of the villa
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by bigcasava1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
Datti abeg tackle them well
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by otipoju(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
cmikel:

Using the presidency as a payback for personal deeds is not the best for a country in the condition Nigeria is now.

From what i see the people supporting Tinubu most of them do so because Tinubu has in the past elevated them to a position so they feel its payback now .

Well i also did support Tinubu but with all the gaffes am seeing online even with the rivers state rally where they were singing anthem and he raised his hands and only had to be cautioned , it is friething that such a person been president will not have any decision of his own like a president but Nigeria will be left into the hand of a clique who will dish out orders on behalf of the president.

So a vote for Tinubu is not a vote for him as a person ruling nigera but its a vote for his allies to rule in proxy and the dangerous part is that these his allies have character that are unknown .

The correct word is "inciting" and not " insighting"

Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Urchinpainer: 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

The northern governor that have 22billion kept somewhere is also Igbo man? The quantum of corruption going on this government are all done by Igbo people. The sponsors of bandits are Igbo people.
You are an Idiot!
Re: Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) by Freebills12: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
[color=#770077][/color]
Tareq1105:

You voted Obasanjo bcoz you didn't have choice, it was Yoruba (PDP Obasanjo) versus Yoruba (AD Falaye) so you don't have choice. No other options.

Obasanjo became the choice of your people bcoz you people knew he was not the choice of Yorubas.

Let it be for the record.

You only quoted 1998! What of 2003 Obasnjo vs Ojukwu? The Easterners voted for Obasnjo as against their brother, even when Buhari has an Igbo VP in 2003.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, / FFK And Dele Momodu On Tinubu And 2023 / 2023 Elections Not Credible — Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.