Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Naira Redesign: Another Prime Example Of Nigeria As A Failed State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Another Prime Example Of Nigeria As A Failed State (157 Views)

Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa / Buhari Used As An Example Of A Bad Leader During Lectures In Scotland University / 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: Another Prime Example Of Nigeria As A Failed State by Draslo(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2023
Midway into February 2022 and a few days to the general elections touted to be one of the most important in our short history, anarchy looms on the streets in this never before seen pre-election demonstration of violence stemming from avoidable circumstances.

When the CBN governor announced the redesign of the 200, 500 and 1000 notes, the president backed him up saying it would stem kidnapping, terrorism, etc. Those were his major excuses. Since then, terrorists have been seen in multiple videos with bundles of the new notes. People are being kidnapped with ransom demanded in USD. You begin to wonder who this policy favours. When we entered the new year, the excuses changed to the Naira redesign would ensure there would be almost no case of vote buying in the forthcoming elections. Knowing Nigeria, I'm 100% sure all our corrupt elite already swapped their old for new notes before the turn of the new year. They're in the corrupt system deeper than the average citizens know their way around it. The CBN is just as corrupt as any other institution in this country and will no doubt support these elite in obtaining the redesigned notes. New notes whilst scarce on the streets, showed up being sprayed at parties in faraway USA and strip clubs in Lagos and Port Harcourt as well as during political campaigns nationwide. Obviously, these new notes have been bought off by our political cabals who have safe houses they stack cash. Many of their associates became POS agents overnight paving the way for street side POS agents to increase the volume of their greed which in turn is killing the average citizen. Imagine someone who worked the whole January for 40k salary being told he has to buy his hard-earned wages with 6k. If that isn't demonic, I don't know what is. This can only happen in a failed state.

This years elections will witness the worst case of vote buying in our history. Why? Because of the scarcity of cash obviously! People have sold their votes for 1000 Naira or less in the past elections where there was abundant cash flowing despite the high rate of poverty. This year's elections would be spectacular as people are desperate for cash in this cash run economy. The cashless policy cannot be rushed into a population like ours. It must be eased into it.

Nigeria is failing and from the looks of it, things are about to get worse. A big shout out to Nigerians that japa'd in 2022. I no know who get sense pass between them and Nicolas Tesla.

My humble opinion

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Group Urges Old Midwestern Region To Vote Massively To Gov. Okowa As VP / Obaseki Requests Calm Regarding Edo Protests Related To Naira Scarcity / Am I A Witch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.