Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Anger - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anger (467 Views)

How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? / All Girls And Husband's Anger. / What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anger by Oyindamolah: 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
Anger.

My former pastor once led an evangelistic outreach to one of the prisons in Lagos. While there, he met a beautiful and highly educated woman who was also an inmate. He couldn't help but ask her how she became a prisoner.

Here's her story as told by my former pastor:

She and her husband had an altercation. In the middle of the hot verbal exchanges, the husband slapped her.

In retaliation, she grabbed the first thing she could lay her hands on, a big bottle of cooking oil, and hit the husband on the head.

The man slumped and died on the spot. Hence, her arrest, trial, and consequent sentencing for manslaughter.

The primary reason we allow anger to fester is the need to retaliate against both real and perceived insults.

In moments of anger, I'll counsel the following:

-Walk away from the environment. This is because actions or decisions taken in the heat of anger are seldom appropriate.

-Shut up! Words spoken in anger are rarely correct. More often than not, we end up regretting them.

Moses is a giant reminder of what could be lost when anger is poorly managed! He only saw the promised land. He couldn't enter. Anger debarred him!

"In your anger, do not sin..." Eph.4:26. The Scripture recognises that there may be occasions for anger, but we should not allow it to degenerate to the level of sin!
Re: Anger by PlayMaker14: 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
How I wish Tinubu boys can read this before, during and after the election.
Re: Anger by Curiouscity(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:

"In your anger, do not sin..." Eph.4:26. 

But most church goers today believe you shouldn't even get angry, even in the face of injustice and lies . Most spouses will state anger as a big reason to walk away without going to the root cause of the anger.

I believe effective conflict resolution skills will reduce the impact of anger. We should teach kids at young age how to manage and resolve conflicts. Churches should teach people how to manage anger rather than condemning it.

3 Likes

Re: Anger by Oyindamolah: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
shocked
Curiouscity:

But most church goers today believe you shouldn't even get angry, even in the face of injustice and lies . Most spouses will state anger as a big reason to walk away without going to the root cause of the anger.

Re: Anger by ikeno(m): 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
That woman deserve to be where she is because she definitely have anger issue from the on set of their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Anger by Oyindamolah: 6:00am On Mar 01, 2023
wink
Curiouscity:

I believe effective conflict resolution skills will reduce the impact of anger. We should teach kids at young age how to manage and resolve conflicts. Churches should teach people how to manage anger rather than condemning it.

(1) (Reply)

The Greedy Sons Of The Idongesit Nkanga Household / Seun Needs To Sit Up / Very Important Information To Residents Of America!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.