Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele (29567 Views)

Naira Scarcity: CBN's Update On Naira Notes For March 22nd, 2023 / Prices Of Cattle Crash In Taraba Due To Naira Scarcity / New Notes Scarcity: CBN Issues Fresh Directive To Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Deoo1125: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
And that 30 days will be like hundred years for u or else this thing wey u dey support only affect the politicians if not that 39 days go be the worst of ur life.

LaconicINC:
madam rest elections will hold! nothing is flawed about the policy, I rather suffer for 30 days than suffer for another 8 years
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Josephbrightt: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
What quantity of N200 note is available?
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by sukar886: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
Good one
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by God2man2again(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
This #200 Notes new directive has created problem among citizens, the 500 and 1000 notes are yet to be collected by banks and the new notes are still scarce, Nigerians are in for it. What do you want people to do in this situation where the FG,
the Supreme Court and the CBN have not agreed to do what will help the ordinary man?
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Derrickfoster1:
https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/16/naira-scarcity-cbn-15-banks-working-on-presidents-directive-emefiele/

Buhari is now ABBA Kyari of SARS who said people hate him for fighting corruption.

PREMIUM TRUST BANK - Emiefele

I have information for Mallam Nasir El Rufai and Ganduje. People should pass the information to them.

Emiefele, who owns Premium Trust Bank?

PREMIUM TRUST BANK is opening tomorrow at the Redemption Camp at the City of God the Home of Daddy GO. But who owns PREMIUM TRUST BANK?

During construction, they deceived RCCG Redemption Camp residents and visitors that the Building belongs to FIRST BANK to hide the identity because of the ownership of that Bank at this period. The Bank workers of various Banks in the Redemption Camp were also deceived that it is a First Bank building but the Cartel, the Clique and the Cabal know it is PREMIUM TRUST BANK.

It is opening tomorrow, Emefiele, and the ATM 5 of them in the ATM Gallery will pay new Naira notes tomorrow.

Soludo under Obasanjo can never have the gut of collecting Party Presidential form, Lamido Sanusi under Jonathan can never have the gut of collecting Party Presidential form. Anything can happen under Buhari. Something is wrong that we don't know.

Emefiele congratulations on the opening of the Premium Trust Bank at the Redemption Camp tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
To run back to the former suffering pdp? They say a dog will always go back to its vomit.

Nothing concern me with APC and PDAPC

OBI DATTI I STAN
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by dappydozzy(m): 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
The policy is good, the only mistake the CBN made was the timing and timeline too short. The benefits will be seen in coming weeks and months, the CBN knows what they are doing. The governors running do you think they love you, Hmmm story for another day. But this cashless policy sweet my belle. It is what i have being yearning for including lovers/fans of the blockchain ecosystem. The yorubas will say you go here wirin wirin in the coming weeks. The finger of God is about to touch this country.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by quinox947: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
chivic:
Why only 15 banks ?
How many banks dey before?
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by naptu2: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ishilove:

Is there an official and verified statement from the Finnish government on this?

It's fake news. I knew that it was fake news when I saw the letter and the Finnish ambassador has confirmed that it is fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Ikaeniyan0: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Just speak only for yourself nonsense Almijiri, that you have wasted the last 8 years of your life, because President Buhari did not help you lazy ungrateful citizen?

How much did you pay to the federal inland tax revenue last year?
When I dey travel between Ikorodu and Ijebu ode

Should I be the one that will be repairing the Ikorodu-Itokin-Ijebu ode road?

When I travel from Ijebu ode to Ibadan, should I be the one to repair the bad road?

Where I live in Ikorodu, I hardly get up to 5hrs piw you supply in a day, is that my fault too?

Some of you are just extremely foolish

The FG and CBN are clearly going against the order of the supreme court, I won't be shock if your useless self blame the fault on me. That's how foolish you are

The CBN policy that have become chaotic all over the country should be blame on Nigerians.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by nisah(m): 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
Googledotcom:
This cashless policy has shown how inefficient banks are. Transfering money has now become an issue. First bank and Access bank are just so useless.

I will move my money to network providing banks like smartcash. Lemme try Smartcash and see.

Many people are now using transfer platforms and the traffic is more now compared to some months back so this is expected. where the Banks got it wrong is by not envisaging this earlier and improving their bandwidth before now.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Sunnyja: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
chivic:
Why only 15 banks ?
How many banks do you have in Nigeria?
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Ishilove: 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
naptu2:

It's fake news. I knew that it was fake news when I saw the letter and the Finnish ambassador has confirmed that it is fake news.
Thank you. I was very suspicious about it
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Teenaira: 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
Derrickfoster1:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Emefele the koboko flogger.

Emefiele and Buhari have been advised to let people have access to their money, whether new notes or old notes or in between new and old notes. Now that they have turn change of currency to space science they should remember that majority of Nigerian don't understand long grammar.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by lailo: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Well, that one is between Buhari, Tinubu and his supporters to settle, my happiness is that Buhari is keeping to his words while....

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)
Buhari is not interested in Obi and even Obi can't win. That is the truth. Buhari is interested in another fulani man taking over from him. His plan for Nigeria is different from yours entirely. South should wake up from their slumber.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Omoalaji12: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
The just said that the should be accepting the old Naira note, So what does this mean now that it is hard to earn money from work, hard to save money and even harder to collect your own money from the bank for your personal use. Tayad for Nigeria.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
Thanks to God million of populations are experiencing this war they were shying away from. Let Biafra be restored let Biafrans manage their economy & financial policy to end poverty Nigerian political terrorist running government are pushing all of you into.

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by djon78(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ishilove:

Is there an official and verified statement from the Finnish government on this?

Yeah I saw the news from Sahara reporters

The foreign affairs ministry also met with the Finland ambassador

So government are now interested

The guy is a table rouser trouble maker
Destroying peace in the East

He will definitely be fished out
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
God2man2again:
This #200 Notes new directive has created problem among citizens, the 500 and 1000 notes are yet to be collected by banks and the new notes are still scarce, Nigerians are in for it. What do you want people to do in this situation where the FG,
the Supreme Court and the CBN have not agreed to do what will help the ordinary man?

grin grin Nigeria has fallen, no cabals know what to do to save Nigeria this around. Biafra restoration is the only solution.

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by General029(m): 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ease the pains of Nigerians he said ?🙄🙄🙄.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by loswhite(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
As of today, most ATM weren't even dispensing money at all. E come be like say banks no dey this country again.
You want them to load machines for you guys to burn? Bank staff are now at home. Everyone should go to CBN to collect money.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by neonly: 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
inoki247:
Wetin happen to the remaining bank...

Why not print more new note for distribution....

New Note wey plenty during Dec all of a sudden don go into extinction like Dinosaur 🦖🦕🦕

If more notes are print it will defect d purpose of vote buying during election
I don't enjoy buhari oooo but on dis I think is a good move but bad time
People are going tru hell things hard
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by grandstar(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
backnbeta:
How many pieces of this 200 were in circulation prior to your mop up? Why are you not talking about printing more new notes when we can only have access to 200 old notes? I still think your whole plan is flawed! I pray the (s) election holds on Saturday as scheduled, let's move on with our money! If you earn 100k in naija, you'll get 70k if you want cash

The entire scheme is a complete failure because best practices aren't followed.

First what is N200? In very sane climes, that would be a coin.

Nigeria at this juncture needs a N5,000 note. The Naira is close to becoming a 4 digit currency. When the N1,000 came out, it was worth around $8.00

It is always best to follow best practices. This present Naira redesign should be now be used as a case study on how not to attempt such anywhere in the world.

I doubt even countries that suffer from hyperinflation suffer from a shortage of physical notes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by loswhite(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
ecolime:
N200 notes will flood everywhere next week.

Unfortunately for Benin & Warri people, they've burnt almost all their banks. Na to dey travel just to withdraw 2k per day now.

Foolish people
Very foolish ppl
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
Googledotcom:
This cashless policy has shown how inefficient banks are. Transfering money has now become an issue. First bank and Access bank are just so useless.

I will move my money to network providing banks like smartcash. Lemme try Smartcash and see.

Use small microfinance banks
Opaay sparkle etc

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by loswhite(m): 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
Osariemen12:

You are the foolish one here. How dare you call my people, the bravest empire in the history of mankind, fools? Always remember, our past is your future.
The bravest empire acted foolish. It is quite unfortunate that your past is your past.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Sermwell(m): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
To run back to the former suffering pdp? They say a dog will always go back to its vomit.
PDP is far better than APC!
if not for Peter Obi, I would have voted for PDP! grin
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Sermwell(m): 8:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
Osariemen12:

You are the foolish one here. How dare you call my people, the bravest empire in the history of mankind, fools? Always remember, our past is your future.
I'm from Edo state, and those who attacked those banks are fools! Those banks will not open till further notice! Who will suffer it most?
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Brendaniel: 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
lailo:

Buhari is not interested in Obi and even Obi can't win. That is the truth. Buhari is interested in another fulani man taking over from him. His plan for Nigeria is different from yours entirely. South should wake up from their slumber.

Let me just tell you plain and simple, Buhari has no candidate in this election, Tinubu blocked him from picking his candidate.

You think I will prefer Tinubu to be there than Atiku, for me Tinubu's ticket is more dangerous than Atiku's own because of MM ticket, also Tinubu will waste the southern ticket with MM regime, so better Atiku than Tinubu, it favours us more than Tinubu, but the good news is Buhari has no candidate, that is why he has emphasized so many times that everyone should vote their choice without fear or intimidation, or you think the same policy is not also affecting Atiku, he is not complaining because he wants the northern favour and also inherit Buhari's bloc votes, but Peter Obi's presidency is the best among them and....

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Osariemen12: 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
Sermwell:

I'm from Edo state, and those who attacked those banks are fools! Those banks will not open till further notice! Who will suffer it most?
Your first clause speaks volume of your sincerity on the contrary. You are one Babalola from Ogbomosho or Chidi from Isuofia.
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by XAUBulls: 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Naira Scarcity: CBN, 15 Banks Working On President’s Directive – Emefiele by Osariemen12: 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
loswhite:
The bravest empire acted foolish. It is quite unfortunate that your past is your past.
Like I stated earlier, Yoruba women have given birth to cowards all their lives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / PHOTOS: Leather Inception Mission In Sokoto Is Full Swing / How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.