Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) (2358 Views)

Naira Scarcity: β€œI Bought N40K With N70K” At Embassy – Paul Okoye Laments / Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / Toyin Badmus: Iyaloja Of Abuja Calls Out Emefiele Over Naira Scarcity (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by saphiere(f): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
Nigerian musician Paul Okoye, popularly known as Rudeboy, recently expressed his frustration with the country's new currency policy. In a post on his Instagram story, the artist revealed that he had purchased 40,000 naira worth of currency for 70,000 naira.

He wrote:
"Omoh !!!
I buy money today!!
Just because I have to pay for a certain visa fee in an embassy, and it has to be paid in cash

Joke apart
I bought 40k with 70k

Aahhhh !!!!!!!!
Naija breaking new records."

It is evident that the changes in the policy have had a detrimental effect on the purchasing power of ordinary Nigerians, including those in the entertainment industry. Rudeboy's lament is just one example of the difficulties faced by Nigerians as a result of the recent currency policy changes.

PHOTO CREDIT: WonderTV Media

seun lalasticlala nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by saphiere(f): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
I am Igbo. Enugu precisely. I got this to say.
When you do the same thing over and over you will definitely get the same result.
Men have been governing us since 1960 and nothing comes out. Give chance to the female folks let's see if there would be a chance.
After all, Queen Esther changed the history of her people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by flexxyworld(m): 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
as e dey hot. thats the black market rate for Naira
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
APC killing Nigeria

Atiku is coming

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by CyynthiaKiss(f): 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
APC has destroyed this country...

Vote them out because they created this policy..

Don't allow anyone to mislead you with any stupid explanation about Naira..

All we Nigerians know is that APC is in power..They created this mess..

Never again..

VOTE OUT ANYTHING APC

4 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Proudlyomonna: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
saphiere:
When you do the same thing over and over you will definitely get the same result.
Men have been governing us since 1960 and nothing comes out. Give chance to the female folks let's see if there would be a chance.

grin grin nna enh biko zukwanuike,you too like play,you no dey even know when people serious grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Almaigaa: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
This one na Aba made, low budget Lai Mohammed. I no trust any Igbo man. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Proudlyomonna: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
saphiere:

grin grin nna enh biko zukwanuike,you too like play,you no dey even know when people serious grin
Is anyone stopping you from contesting??

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by MrEverest(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
Thinkam:
APC killing Nigeria

Atiku is coming

Stop talking crap. Atiku and Tinubu are two sides of the same coin, criminals!

Only selfish people and enemies of Nigeria will want Tinubu or Atiku to rule Nigeria when we have a perfect candidate like Obi to change the country's fortunes.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Candidlady: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
sad
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Solofresh2: 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
saphiere:
You are not a feminist.You are just a hungry broke ass love peddler parading a feminist.
A woman would never rule the country called Nigeria because it will never happen

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by saphiere(f): 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
A woman leader I stand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by SLAP44: 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
Thinkam:
APC killing Nigeria

Atiku is coming

Atiku is even worse

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by saphiere(f): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
Solofresh2:
You are not a feminist.You are just a hungry broke ass love peddler parading a feminist.
A woman would never rule the country called Nigeria because it will never happen
Why is my choice of leader your problem?
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Berrityga: 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
This buying naira has to stop. People should start embarrassing the cashless system. Enough of pos and their high charges.
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Solofresh2: 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
Almaigaa:
This one na Aba made, low budget Lai Mohammed. I no trust any Igbo man. grin
Pure lie my brother
How can you buy 40k for 70k.
By the way I taught he is among those saying cashless policy is key so why is he complaining undecided

4 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Solofresh2: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
saphiere:
Why is my choice of leader your problem?
It's not my problem.Am just stating a good fact here

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Almaigaa: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
Solofresh2:
Pure lie my brother
How can you buy 40k for 70k.
By the way I taught he is among those saying cashless policy is key so why is he complaining undecided

What do you expect from Peter Obi's supporter. They always LIE like Peter Obi grin

4 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by dustmalik: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
He hasn't started crying yet. He is one of those who said the poorly implemented cash policy would only affect Tinubu and those who intend to buy votesπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Almaigaa: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
MrEverest:

Stop talking crap. Atiku and Tinubu are two sides of the same coin, criminals!

Only selfish people and enemies of Nigeria will want Tinubu or Atiku to rule Nigeria when we have a perfect candidate like Obi to change the country's fortunes.

Trash.
Igbo can not rule us in this our beautiful Country.

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by yomi007k(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
dustmalik:
He hasn't started crying yet. He is one of those who said the poorly implemented cash policy would only affect Tinubu and those who intend to buy votesπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

He is also buying votes at the embassy na.

So he needs to suffer. grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Solofresh2: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
Almaigaa:

What do you expect from Peter Obi's supporter. They always LIE like Peter Obi grin
They taught the naira scarcity would affect Tinubu not knowing that the masses would feel the pain.
I am not a supporter of Peter Obi because he is of no difference from Tinubu and Atiku.He is just deceiving people with his humble nonsense. The fact that he is humble doesn't mean he won't loot
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by MrEverest(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
Almaigaa:

Trash.
Igbo can not rule us in this our beautiful Country.

Tinubu and his urchins have been crying everyday, begging Buhari to save them from impending disgrace πŸ˜‚

Fools already ruined Nigeria, Peter Obi is God sent to save Nigeria. So, if you have sense you will be supporting him.

Meanwhile, Azikiwe, Ironsi, Ekwueme etc. are Igbos that ruled Nigeria. So, you can now kill yourself.
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Almaigaa: 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
MrEverest:

Tinubu and his urchins have been crying everyday, begging Buhari to save them from impending disgrace πŸ˜‚

Fools already ruined Nigeria, Peter Obi is God sent to save Nigeria. So, if you have sense you will be supporting him.

Meanwhile, Azikiwe, Ironsi, Ekwueme etc. are Igbos that ruled Nigeria. So, you can now kill yourself.

Cry me a River. We no go allow una rule Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Almaigaa: 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
Solofresh2:
They taught the naira scarcity would affect Tinubu not knowing that the masses would feel the pain.
I am not a supporter of Peter Obi because he is of no difference from Tinubu and Atiku.He is just deceiving people with his humble nonsense. The fact that he is humble doesn't mean he won't loot

Peter Obi is a crook. He is worst than all the 3 candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Candidlady: 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
saphiere:
A woman leader I stand.

πŸ’ͺπŸ‘©
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Sammy07: 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
Candidlady:

πŸ’ͺπŸ‘©

Yinmu
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by saphiere(f): 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
Solofresh2:
It's not my problem.Am just stating a good fact here
Keep your fact to yourself nobody cares about it.
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
Na big man u be and it's once in a while

All these will end soon kiss kiss
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Simplythebest: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
Why would embassy be even collecting cash?
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Bought N40k For 70k (photo) by Spandau: 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
Candidlady:

πŸ’ͺπŸ‘©
The future is not πŸ’ͺπŸ‘©

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Face Of Imo / Safrican Unveils First African Military Plane / Gov. Fashola Swears In Elected Chairmen And Vice Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.