Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes (73927 Views)

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by lexy2014: 3:20am On Feb 17, 2023
ClassicMan202:
Business men.... Nigerians no dey hear word until the last minute

I thought as much.... When you hear these criminal governors talk about how the currency redesign is affecting the masses, you will think they genuinely care.... Even that evil midget in Kaduna.

so is it buhari and emefile that hear word? have they made new notes available as they promised? isnt that supposed to be the practice?

if you say that the governors are criminals. are buhari and emefiele saints and do you think they care about you with this their policy?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by lexy2014: 3:22am On Feb 17, 2023
Elsueno:
Nigerians & last minute things.....SMH, they give people over 60 days!!!.....In December & early January they where hardly any person's in commercial banks deposit bulk rooms....

Why do people with such large chunks of cash take unnecessary risk like this?

Anyways, anybody from Kano, Kaduna & Lagos still holding d old cash?🤭🤭

which 60days was that?

let me ask you have buhari made new notes available? why are they taking "unnecessary risk" by deliberately creating naira scarcity?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by stallionng: 3:52am On Feb 17, 2023
Can somebody remind me what the laws translates to money laundering??
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by ItswellMike: 3:54am On Feb 17, 2023
LIES
Ibkhaleel001:
AND MIRACULOUSLY THE IGBO TERRORIST ORGANIZATION, IPOB, IS SILENT BECAUSE ONE OF THEIR SPONSORS, OBI THE ANAMBRA CHIEF LOOTER IS DREAMING OF TAKING OVER NIGERIA THROUGH ELECTION.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by stallionng: 3:55am On Feb 17, 2023
Can somebody please remind me what amounts of money the law defines as money laundering in Nigeria??
CBN should act

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Lashist(m): 4:07am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

You’re a man or woman without integrity. APC or this government is no saint but clearly you have deep hatred for Yoruba and anything the North of Nigeria.

On one tread you claimed to be Yoruba from Ondo state. Yet on another thread you had this to say about your own race Yoruba people. { Tinubu's URCHINs are majorly Yoruba Muslims who fear a lot and won't do that. Even if Tinubu loses, life will go on as normal}

Since I’ve been walking this earth, I’ve never seen a Yoruba man call another Yoruba Urchins or Yoruba Muslim.

On one thread you had so much believe on the votes to come from educated northerners for your candidate Peter Obi but again this is what you had to say about same northerners you want their votes on another thread {Northerners just give birth like animals and expect the Federal Government to provide jobs for them using monies generated from the South}

I have screenshot for these and many more.

Having a president of Igbo origin is not a bad idea but your hatred for other tribe is on another level and your candidate can’t win election with followers mindset like these.

Continue keeping screenshots till your memory card gets full. So bcus a better candidate has followers with a mindset you don't like, so that's what will make you not vote the better candidate...rest abeg
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nauttyprof(m): 4:09am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:
I was suspecting it will be in the north and I was right, the man was bringing 50 million to deposit, they asked him what has he been doing since?

If this man who is not a politician can still have such amount with him, you can imagine what evil politicians will still be having with them. You now see why they are crying up and down, vote buying gone wrong.

We keep using vote buying as an excuse to justify the bad implementation of the CBN distribution of Naira as if these politicians don't have a brain on what next to do. Can you answer the question on why the citizens should pay for the sins of the politician again when it comes to our money?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by ycat: 4:14am On Feb 17, 2023
What is the superior court doing to help people out of this problem? How many CBN in each state to handle this?

Nigeria is a lawless country, so if you take all your money to the bank and don't receive the new notes right in there, I hope it doesn't turn to sob stories.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by lesbiconverter: 4:23am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

You’re a man or woman without integrity. APC or this government is no saint but clearly you have deep hatred for Yoruba and anything the North of Nigeria.

On one tread you claimed to be Yoruba from Ondo state. Yet on another thread you had this to say about your own race Yoruba people. { Tinubu's URCHINs are majorly Yoruba Muslims who fear a lot and won't do that. Even if Tinubu loses, life will go on as normal}

Since I’ve been walking this earth, I’ve never seen a Yoruba man call another Yoruba Urchins or Yoruba Muslim.

On one thread you had so much believe on the votes to come from educated northerners for your candidate Peter Obi but again this is what you had to say about same northerners you want their votes on another thread {Northerners just give birth like animals and expect the Federal Government to provide jobs for them using monies generated from the South}

Having a president of Igbo origin is not a bad idea but your hatred for other tribe is on another level and your candidate can’t win election with followers mindset like these.

I am Yoruba and will still say the same thing about Tinubu and his followers. Omo ale ni nfi owo osi juwe ile baba e.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Aldol: 4:32am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

You have just spoken my mind. Obi followers really ruin his chances. Everyone is now afraid to vote Obi because of his followers

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by fr3do(m): 4:33am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

Your last statement shows that you are a tribalist and that you are supporting your preferred candidate because of tribe

You will be shocked at the polls

There is major suffering in the land, people are tired of tribalism politics
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by fr3do(m): 4:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Nyanabo:
It's really affecting my Aboki friends. I just pity for them. Because 90% of their money for business is hard cash. One called me this evening me that he can change 20k for me since he is going to CBN tomorrow.

CBN is not changing notes, they categorically stated that they are only accepting deposits of old notes and crediting depositors
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 4:38am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

As long as Nigerians reject APC, I am totally satisfied.
Your opinion is irrelevant at this period. grin
You're not the one feeding Nigerians nor paying workers salaries.
Thank God you've accepted the fact that an Igbo man as President is not a bad idea cheesy
I know the economy is also hitting you badly grin

2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 5:34am On Feb 17, 2023
Nauttyprof:

We keep using vote buying as an excuse to justify the bad implementation of the CBN distribution of Naira as if these politicians don't have a brain on what next to do. Can you answer the question on why the citizens should pay for the sins of the politician again when it comes to our money?

if this policy is not troubling them, they will not do anything to fight it, the CBN said there is still 600 billion that has not been returned, you think a large part of it is not with the politicians, if the new notes was as mush as the old ones with the politicians, they won't even bother, in fact they will be the ones telling the citizens to be patient that Buhari and the NEC are doing something about it till after election..

Ask yourself in the past 8 years, have you seen them defend the citizens in anytihg that Buhari has done to the citizens even on Police brutality...
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by ogwumgbe: 6:06am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:

CBN is not the FBI. I don't think they care about how you made your money, but you won't get cash again. That way, they can accurately track money circulating within Nigeria's financial services industry because a lot is outside the footprints of the industry.

With this move, it becomes difficult for kidnappers, for instance, to ask for ransom in cash. If you do a transfer to them, the security operatives can pick them up easily. Cashless transactions have loads of benefits.

Wise man, 1000 likes to you, this is actually the reason behind the policy and people kept ranting about it. Kudos to Emefiele and Buhari on this

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:
I was suspecting it will be in the north and I was right, the man was bringing 50 million to deposit, they asked him what has he been doing since?

If this man who is not a politician can still have such amount with him, you can imagine what evil politicians will still be having with them. You now see why they are crying up and down, vote buying gone wrong.

Go to your village and farm, there’s money in agriculture
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by bakila: 6:34am On Feb 17, 2023
Luckysbab:
Definitely has to be in the North. They are the ones who depend most on cash transactions.

How Buhari had the guts to do them dirty this much is beyond comprehension.

But there will be consequences definitely - he has wiped out his name from the good books of his people and his progeny will be the ones to bear the brunt of the scorn later on.

The selfish one cares for no one progeny or not.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Prettychild(f): 6:51am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

Lol! If someone is bad, blame the person and not push the blame to whoever he/she is supporting. If we go by your reasoning, that means the President won’t have won 2nd tenure cos of there are some of his supporters that encourage violence
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by stevonics: 6:55am On Feb 17, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
You mean Cornpatriots
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Cantonese: 7:07am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

The problem now be say how dem go take answer the question, when individuals dey deposit above N5m and companies above N10m.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by SolarEngr(m): 7:08am On Feb 17, 2023
Nice one, as you are making the right choice on who to vote for, also make the right choice on your source of power supply.

Go Solar
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nyanabo(m): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2023
fr3do:

CBN is not changing notes, they categorically stated that they are only accepting deposits of old notes and crediting depositors

No I meant he wanted to change my 20k to 200 naira notes, while he takes them to deposit.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Tayorshd2(m): 7:26am On Feb 17, 2023
Elsueno:
Nigerians & last minute things.....SMH, they give people over 60 days!!!.....In December & early January they where hardly any person's in commercial banks deposit bulk rooms....

How do u know maybe he has been depositing but this is still left and don't forget the time frame is too small to make all Nigerians of Abt 200million population change d old note wigont 2months cool tongue
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by mechanics(m): 7:29am On Feb 17, 2023
Hmmmm, what happened they were not able to deposit the money in their various banks?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by saysoo: 7:33am On Feb 17, 2023
Busy76:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymY8zWfPYf0

Social media users have been sharing a video of some Nigerian men carrying sacks of old N500 and N1000 notes to the Central Bank of Nigeria branch in Gombe State.
This occurs shortly after President Buhari declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes are no longer valid forms of payment.

https://thisweekng.com/2023/02/trending-photos-and-video-of-nigerians-arriving-cbn-office-with-sacks-of-old-n500-and-n1000-notes/
Stubborn people.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by cosmos1440: 7:41am On Feb 17, 2023
Elsueno:

Some of you think with your anus.
were you not in this country when people go to banks to deposit their money, even on Sundays ?
What of the banks and their ATMs that still dispense the old notes even till January ?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by shimolv: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by seanchuks: 7:47am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

am sure some politicians must have given them to deposit they in disguise.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nauttyprof(m): 7:51am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

if this policy is not troubling them, they will not do anything to fight it, the CBN said there is still 600 billion that has not been returned, you think a large part of it is not with the politicians, if the new notes was as mush as the old ones with the politicians, they won't even bother, in fact they will be the ones telling the citizens to be patient that Buhari and the NEC are doing something about it till after election..

Ask yourself in the past 8 years, have you seen them defend the citizens in anything that Buhari has done to the citizens even on Police brutality...

Ask yourself this question, are you existing as a Nigerian because of the politicians? The Politicians (including Buhari) are the cause of suffering in the country. Unemployment, fuel scarcity, poor standard of living etc. There are countless effect of hardship on the citizens due to the politicians (including Buhari).

Please, tell me if it is justified again that I earn my money and I am being told that the Politicians again are the cause of not being able to spend my money. Does this make sense at all?

You mentioned figures CBN claimed has not been returned, when we both know that even those figures are scam as the CBN who can't circulate the new Naira note has no clue as to the amount still not returned. I don't need anybody to defend me but I want to spend my own money despite all the hardship inflicted by the government of this country. Is this too much to ask again?

The Politicians we keep mentioning in this whole matter just make it seem like these people have no sense to devise other means for vote buying. I am just sick and tired of this sick excuses.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by phorget(m): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2023
HardMirror:
you obviously lack exposure. Go to alaba international, some businesses in mushin, idumota and kano. Cash like this is normal daily money for many businesses in cash.

50million brought by a man and you are saying I should go to alaba,what business will you do that will fetch you 50million in cash just within a day?
This are the people encouraging kidnappers because kidnappers are always certain of getting their money in cash.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by clockwisereport: 7:58am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

Wetin bring Igbo into the equation?

Abi anybody way criticize you don turn to Igbo automatically?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.