Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes (73930 Views)

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by LeyeWrites: 8:09am On Feb 17, 2023
Viicfuntop:

You guys should stop saying Yorubas are United. As a christian Yoruba, I recognize the Yoruba Muslim and WE ARE NOT THE SAME. Where do you keep getting the idea that Yorubas are one?
Flathea.d
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 8:12am On Feb 17, 2023
Nauttyprof:

Ask yourself this question, are you existing as a Nigerian because of the politicians? The Politicians (including Buhari) are the cause of suffering in the country. Unemployment, fuel scarcity, poor standard of living etc. There are countless effect of hardship on the citizens due to the politicians (including Buhari).

Please, tell me if it is justified again that I earn my money and I am being told that the Politicians again are the cause of not being able to spend my money. Does this make sense at all?

You mentioned figures CBN claimed has not been returned, when we both know that even those figures are scam as the CBN who can't circulate the new Naira note has no clue as to the amount still not returned. I don't need anybody to defend me but I want to spend my own money despite all the hardship inflicted by the government of this country. Is this too much to ask again?

The Politicians we keep mentioning in this whole matter just make it seem like these people have no sense to devise other means for vote buying. I am just sick and tired of this sick excuses.

Oga, that one is your problem, as long as the politicians are complaining like this then Buhari really hit them hard with the policy, they have never fought for the masses in the past 8 years and they wouldn't have if this did not affect them, everything is all about election to them, if you don't believe, your problem, I am just happy Buhari is keeping to his words, the presidency is not for sale, I am ready to endure for a few weeks than suffer for 8 years...
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 8:26am On Feb 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Go to your village and farm, there’s money in agriculture

is it only the villages that have farm, there are farms in the city too...
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Viicfuntop(f): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Flathea.d

Is that the name of your father
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Fredoh(m): 8:40am On Feb 17, 2023
Elsueno:
Nigerians & last minute things.....SMH, they give people over 60 days!!!.....In December & early January they where hardly any person's in commercial banks deposit bulk rooms....

Why do people with such large chunks of cash take unnecessary risk like this?

Anyways, anybody from Kano, Kaduna & Lagos still holding d old cash?🤭🤭

He said he does 1B Naira monthly.
This is probably his daily revenue.

I hope posting this on the internet does not make him a target!

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by ismodiwa(m): 8:43am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:
I was suspecting it will be in the north and I was right, the man was bringing 50 million to deposit, they asked him what has he been doing since?

If this man who is not a politician can still have such amount with him, you can imagine what evil politicians will still be having with them. You now see why they are crying up and down, vote buying gone wrong.

Because I posses such amount doesn't necessarily mean it's for vote buying. Some of these people you see earned this money from trading cattle, grains and lot more

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by HardMirror(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2023
phorget:

50million brought by a man and you are saying I should go to alaba,what business will you do that will fetch you 50million in cash just within a day?
This are the people encouraging kidnappers because kidnappers are always certain of getting their money in cash.
you keep proving you lack exposure. either you are a kid or just a plain ignorant adult that has not done any serious business in his life. keep asking me stupid question there. It is people like you that thing every one that is rich got their wealth illegally. 50million a day does not mean the 50 million is their profit, it is simply revenue generated in a day.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Michael6292: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2023
economic saboteurs, they should be interrogated before any acceptance or rejection
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Fredoh(m): 8:57am On Feb 17, 2023
Rexymania:
They look poor whilst carrying money... It means they are not the real owners

You think so? Well I don’t think so.
These are business men.
If you see Bill Gates for the first time, you may likely say the same about him.
The aim is to be rich not to just look rich.
Most rich men don’t look it.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by phorget(m): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2023
ok
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by phorget(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2023
HardMirror:
you keep proving you lack exposure. either you are a kid or just a plain ignorant adult that has not done any serious business in his life. keep asking me stupid question there. It is people like you that thing every one that is rich got their wealth illegally. 50million a day does not mean the 50 million is their profit, it is simply revenue generated in a day.

Revenue generated and they must all be in cash?
People like you would rather remain in your old skin instead of you to align with the new trend. I am sure you are one of those not supporting the government cashless policy just because you like the crispy feeling of money in your palms. What are the stupid revenues that cant go through electronics but cash or you think 50million is just 50thousand?
I put it to you again that no man should ever have access to up to 50million cash in a day no matter what stupid revenue you might think they are generating.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nauttyprof(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, that one is your problem, as long as the politicians are complaining like this then Buhari really hit them hard with the policy, they have never fought for the masses in the past 8 years and they wouldn't have if this did not affect them, everything is all about election to them, if you don't believe, your problem, I am just happy Buhari is keeping to his words, the presidency is not for sale, I am ready to endure for a few weeks than suffer for 8 years...

That response even shows that you are not different from the politicians. Every responsible government thinks of how her citizen is doing well and not focus on a minority as against a larger population.

Besides, isn't it sick and foolish to think that redesign will stop vote buying when we knew how just primary elections were done with foreign currency?

Isn't it foolish to target politicians while the masses suffer a lot due to this. It shows how insensitive you will be also to the suffering of others.

If the government had done the needful to make our system better such that vote buying has been dealt with, with tough measures under the law whoever will do this would think twice. Besides, these politicians already have a plan B, that's certain.

Even Buhari was brought in through the usual. Strengthen our judiciary to be autonomous and without the influence of the government while we have a system that works where any corruptible practices are dealt with under the law.

This measure won't stop anything. Rather, the masses will suffer the more. We have a sick government and that's why the economy is terrible.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by skyblue4real(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2023
SLAP44:
They should take it to el ruffai Trust bank limited grin

Funny you.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Blackdisciple(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Business men, a politician will not have the guts to carry such cash openly...
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by sexyto(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2023
Some of those bringing huge loads of cash now may be fronting for politicians and kidnappers.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 9:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Nauttyprof:

That response even shows that you are not different from the politicians. Every responsible government thinks of how her citizen is doing well and not focus on a minority as against a larger population.

Besides, isn't it sick and foolish to think that redesign will stop vote buying when we knew how just primary elections were done with foreign currency?

Isn't it foolish to target politicians while the masses suffer a lot due to this. It shows how insensitive you will be also to the suffering of others.

If the government had done the needful to make our system better such that vote buying has been dealt with, with tough measures under the law whoever will do this would think twice. Besides, these politicians already have a plan B, that's certain.

Even Buhari was brought in through the usual. Strengthen our judiciary to be autonomous and without the influence of the government while we have a system that works where any corruptible practices are dealt with under the law.

This measure won't stop anything. Rather, the masses will suffer the more. We have a sick government and that's why the economy is terrible.

You think I am happy people are suffering, but the reason why people are suffering first is because of bad leaders, if this policy will stop bad leaders from getting into power then I am ready to endure, you think they have a way around it, they don't, that is why El-rufai is ready commit treason just to have his way.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2023
ismodiwa:

Because I posses such amount doesn't necessarily mean it's for vote buying. Some of these people you see earned this money from trading cattle, grains and lot more

I'm not accusing the man, I am attacking only politicians...

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by fr3do(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2023
Nyanabo:

No I meant he wanted to change my 20k to 200 naira notes, while he takes them to deposit.

Ok I see
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nauttyprof(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

You think I am happy people are suffering, but the reason why people are suffering first is because of bad leaders, if this policy will stop bad leaders from getting into power then I am ready to endure, you think they have a way around it, they don't, that is why El-rufai is ready commit treason just to have his way.

You comment as if they don't have a brain to think and devise new means. Is vote buying the only way to illegally win an election? Also, is giving cash the only way of wining an election illegally? I just don't understand this reasoning at all. Ask yourself this question, how come there was over voting in Osun state if all you need was to buy vote of residence in each polling unit?

Back to the issue, are the politicians causing the unrest in the country now or the government who have inflicted more hardship? Besides, this issue can lead to serious unrest in many states, what will then happen to the election that you keep talking about? What will you then say of Buhari?

Redesigning Naira because of election was a foolish thought in the first place. No one is against the policy but make the money available for citizens who passed through a lot just to make their money. It is an act of wickedness to make the citizens suffer again on their money.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2023
Nauttyprof:

You comment as if they don't have a brain to think and devise new means. Is vote buying the only way to illegally win an election? Also, is giving cash the only way of wining an election illegally? I just don't understand this reasoning at all. Ask yourself this question, how come there was over voting in Osun state if all you need was to buy vote of residence in each polling unit?

Back to the issue, are the politicians causing the unrest in the country now or the government who have inflicted more hardship? Besides, this issue can lead to serious unrest in many states, what will then happen to the election that you keep talking about? What will you then say of Buhari?

Redesigning Naira because of election was a foolish thought in the first place. No one is against the policy but make the money available for citizens who passed through a lot just to make their money. It is an act of wickedness to make the citizens suffer again on their money.

I wished Buhari used a better method but since I cannot change his mind on that, I would rather support him on this one than he doesn't do anything...
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by iamL(f): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2023
Rexymania:
They look poor whilst carrying money... It means they are not the real owners

You see those rich looking people shi shi nor dey their pockets, na forming. Go inside market and see poor looking women the account balance alone na entire meeting money.

The main money bags rarely look it.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by misterjosh(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2023
Hmmm, we're now getting to see those who gained from kidnapping, and other acts of terrors come out with their proceeds.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

is it only the villages that have farm, there are farms in the city too...

Land in the city is expensive and exposed to all sorts of exploitative taxes and schemes
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Land in the city is expensive and exposed to all sorts of exploitative taxes and schemes

So why haven't you gone to your own village to start farming if you have all this info, don't you want to make money too?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Pityoobi: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

And how does this concern Peter Obi, I did not mention any politician's name but somehow you feel your candidate is guilty already, you Tinubu supporters don't pay attention to details and don't focus on the real issue, look at what you are saying, the whole thing is because of election.

the CBN said there is still 600 billion that has not been returned, you think a large part of it is not with the politicians, if the new notes was as mush as the old ones with the politicians, they won't even bother, in fact they will be the ones telling the citizens to be patient that Buhari and the NEC are doing something about it till after election..

So you believe the average politician keeps his money only in Naira? Let’s assume Tinubu wants to have access to 2 billion new Naira notes, will that be difficult for him with over 20 governors working for him and hundreds of bankers/accountants at his disposal.

Many of you are suffering with the belief that this draconian policy is punishing Tinubu to the benefit of your own candidate, because

1. Demarketing APC could give your party and candidates undue advantage (You delight to see the people suffer to the brink of death so that your candidate will earn advantage)

2. You erroneously think vote buying is by money only? Vote buying can take many dimensions. Money is just one of them. Community leaders, religious leaders and labor leaders do not necessarily collect money from politicians to influence their followers.

3. You erroneously think people not supporting your candidate do not have tangible reason to do so, they also see you in the same light.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2023
Just like with Boarder Closure matter where all the southern boarders were shutdown which triggered scarcity of rice while it's more cheaply available in north, this madafaka Cashless Policy will not affect northerners as CBN will accept the load of millions and billions from their people without stressing them as we have seen so far. But come down to the south, even to deposit #200,000 will attract serious scrutiny. War is upon us and we are not taking notice.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by enomakos(m): 11:08am On Feb 17, 2023
Oowel:
More Is Still Out There...
trillion of it
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 17, 2023
Shine your eyes my people, just as it was with the Boarder Closure Policy where northern boarders were opened for transactions but southerners wallowing for spike in pries of our imported goods, this naira swap will not affect northerners as the CBN will direct offiers in the northern sides to accept millions and billions in sacks as we have seen so far. But here in south, even your #200,000 will be subjected to serious scrutiny let alone millions.
Avoid another fulani at Aso Rock by all PVCs

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Luckysbab: 11:17am On Feb 17, 2023
WantsandMore:
study your history boi, stop capping. Buhari did same thing in 1984, people lost money & business too due to the abysmal manner of policy implementation & same thing is happening right now, his people still voted fo him.

You know the saying: "Fool me twice..."
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Pityoobi:
So you believe the average politician keeps his money only in Naira? Let’s assume Tinubu wants to have access to 2 billion new Naira notes, will that be difficult for him with over 20 governors working for him and hundreds of bankers/accountants at his disposal.

Many of you are suffering with the belief that this draconian policy is punishing Tinubu to the benefit of your own candidate, because

1. Demarketing APC could give your party and candidates undue advantage (You delight to see the people suffer to the brink of death so that your candidate will earn advantage)

2. You erroneously think vote buying is by money only? Vote buying can take many dimensions. Money is just one of them. Community leaders, religious leaders and labor leaders do not necessarily collect money from politicians to influence their followers.

3. You erroneously think people not supporting your candidate do not have tangible reason to do so, they also see you in the same light.

So why are the politicians crying up and down?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by LeyeWrites: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2023
Viicfuntop:

Is that the name of your father

Actually, it's the name of my dustbin.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by WantsandMore: 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
Luckysbab:

You know the saying: "Fool me twice..."
I do not think that's the issue, Nigeria has a majority of populist electorates, perhaps due to discovery of oil as it share similar political characteristics with Venezuela, Cuba & the likes, the electorate will always tilt towards populist, socialist candidate especially if the candidate can play to the gallery of their emotions bothering on corruption & socialist policies irrespective of the reality. People who associate with a bias party are essentially tagged bad & corrupt & whatnot. We've a long way to go on tis democracy thingy, so I expect Nigeria to get some right & get others wrong. Irregardless, it's a growth process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.