Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,019 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari (21644 Views)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / 2023: Its Either Amaechi Or Me On APC Ballot – Jigawa Gov Badaru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by ogwumgbe: 6:17am On Feb 17, 2023
Truvelisback:
Na People like u nai make Nigeria remain like this. I have come to realized that Nigerians are hypocrites. We are so used to suffering that it has blinded our eyes from seeing the truth. The same Buhari u are supporting was the person that brought severe poverty and hardship on Nigerians. As it is, Nigerians are even finding it very difficult to get their own money in the banks. Now, u are here talking rubbish. If u have old #500 and #1000 notes with u, u won't be saying.

There was enough time given for you to deposit your old notes at the Bank but you chose to disobey simple law, so bear the consequence brother, corruption must be stopped by all means in Nigeria, kudos to Buhari: the wise man from the East
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by MrALIVE: 6:21am On Feb 17, 2023
Anybody listening to these governors is mentally sick.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by JealousCobra(m): 6:23am On Feb 17, 2023
html14java:
Why I Don't Support Tinubu for President of Nigeria

Personal reason: I don't like the choice of his Vice, he strikes me as the true face of Bokoharam.
Health reason: He is obviously struggling with his health and memories. It is not his fault that he is old, but it is his fault that he has refused to rest. I won't push him to an office that his health and age will not carry. He will end up ruling by proxy, which is not good for a country like Nigeria.
Reason based on justice: GEJ and his party were voted out of office based on incompetence, it is only fair that with the woeful failure of APC that has superseded that of PDP, the party should not be rewarded with another tenure.
Based on morals: Tinubu has consistently lied. He lied about his age, his education, and his family. They even hired people to act as bishops and priests in one of their unveiling programs. I do not trust anything he is promising. Even more, is the fact that he is an alleged drug lord and he has not denied his dealings with illegal drugs. My moral conscience won't allow me to consider him.
Religion: He is Muslim, his Vice is a Muslim and they both want to take over from a Muslim. In a country like ours with about 50% Christians, they are simply saying that the North has no Christians. And to make it more obvious, El Rufia in one of his recent interviews described the northern Christians as an "enclave".
Issue base: His major drive to be president is based on the fact that he considers the presidency as his turn (emi lo kan). Even on issues he has spoken about, none is coherent. And even if you think anyone is coherent, they don't seem to have emanated from him.

Note: I have the right to my opinion on the candidates.
This is my personal opinion.

Nice 😄
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:33am On Feb 17, 2023
Are you under spell or what? Why not narrate your personal experience and stop looking for cheap attention.

kcnwaigbo:

Ogbeni stop lying.You are not the only one in Lagos
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Exactly my brother. Infact those yellow bus are not even concern about the whole abracada. Just pay them with any money. Let see today though.

Kobicove:

If the bus conductors stop collecting the old notes a lot of people will be stranded because the old notes are still very scarce
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:41am On Feb 17, 2023
jogojogo:

Buhari has brought himself to a state of disrepute. Rubbish!!!
See how governors a flouting orders of the president. He has lost a great deal of honour. This is a fight he can't win. Northerners are not cowards like the South especially the Easteners
Anarchy is looking, interim Government by the millitary loading
You are a coward. A big one at that. You are looking for 5% to help you in your selfish fight.
For eight years, buhari derided Igbos at every instance while you cheered him on. Northerners not cowards but they kept quiet while their suffering multiplied under buhari.

Do you think the elrufai and co speak for the north?

They speak for their stomachs!

They feel because elsudani has only few weeks to go and no longer important to them, so they do as they like?

Which bank will collect the old notes from them?

Mochas!
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by IamAsiri: 6:49am On Feb 17, 2023
jogojogo:

See how governors a flouting orders of the president. He has lost a great deal of honour. This is a fight he can't win. Northerners are not cowards like the South especially the Easteners

Why then are some now depositing their old notes in Bauchi?
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by AntonVince: 6:52am On Feb 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
LLagos , Kaduna l, Jigawa , Ondo, Ogun, Kogi etc The North and SW have rejected the disobedience of the Supreme Court by FG and CBN.

Aso rock cabal lule pii.

CBN is still playing and they think Supreme Court is playing.
He is playing with jail.
The directive from the President is an illegal directive that disobeys lawful court order.

“Cabal” did not do a broadcast yesterday, Buhari did.
Be man enough to confront your traducer and stop loking for scapegoats.

@ss-lick Buhari from now till eternity.
He still won’t rig your demented vote-buying looter in.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by femicyrus(m): 6:58am On Feb 17, 2023
djon78:

The daftness and stupidity of these governor's amazes me

Banks are answerable to the CBN

Banks control money supply

How will then run these monies without co operation from the Banks

Anyone that controls money controls everything
Look at the Western world

They control global money and they dictate everything

The federal government of Nigeria control money supply via the CBN

These governor's are setting themselves up for a very big calamity

Buhari may use one or two of them to show examples

Nigeria as an entity is bigger than them

They are a small fry to the power of Nigeria

And they will suffer for it
In your hypocrisy, you failed to acknowledge supreme court positions on the subject matter because the president is above the law?
You've forgotten the president is removable by the court, national assembly and the people by election or revolution

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by gashiwalesman: 7:11am On Feb 17, 2023
Penguin2:
Somebody should tell these fools to go and deposit the billions in their possession at the CBN and stop fooling themselves around.

Na people wey go listen to them I dey pity sha.

Una wan follow Buhari craze.

Una go still see werey

Ndi ala!

Is either you're jobless or you are an employee..
So all you do is wait for your salaries!

To business and company owners, the heat is unbearable!
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Acesexcell(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:
Lol

Una never see anything at all.

Buhari learned a big lesson from his time as a military head of state when he unfolded this same plan to punish looters like IBB, MKO, Dikko and co., but was ganged up against, booted out, and humiliated.
Weldone man. 🙏🙏🙏 You're too good
This time, he decided to give them an 11th hour shocker when they least expected it and without enough time to gang up against him like they did in the past. Imagine if Buhari had attempted this in 2015 or midway into his 8-year term. These morons for get time to take the old man out.

This movie just dey interesting well well.

Una go cry tire.

For all of us bearing the collective pains of this policy. Please, be informed that if indeed you love Nigeria, yours, and your children's future, kindly bear this pain as it is now because fixing Nigeria to become a country we all can even be proud of will cost much more than the current currency crisis/pains. That is how messed up the system is.

You can judge from the set of elites complaining about this policy, how close they thought they were to and knew Buhari, and how he is going about minding his business without them right now.

I've had some negatives to say about some of Buhari's policies but I've always known he had a joker up his sleeves and a very unpredictable no nonsense old soja.

If there is anyone that truly could fix the rot called corruption in Nigeria, Buhari is the man.

If in doubt, check his electoral reform policy. You might also want to ask yourself why all the idiots wailing and cursing him now haven't been able to link him to any act of direct looting.

No one, and I repeat, no one can point to any material nonsense to say "this is Buhari's that he looted to corner for himself". This is exactly why the idiotic materialistic animals who revel in looting what they have no need for disgust him. He only used them to actualize his dreams of leaving whatever legacy he thought he could leave in good conscience for Nigeria by becoming a President after his botched first term.

In years to come, by what time Buhari would have signed out from life.com, na that time una go understand say the man dey legit and upright pass 99.9% of all the idiots and animals parading themselves as leaders in Nigeria right from the inception of the country up until today. It happened with Yaradua. When he was alive, Nigerians in their usual fashion nicknamed him "Baba Go-slow". But today, I laugh when I hear the same people calling him the "Best President Nigeria never truly enjoyed"...humans.

In conclusion, we all need to be grateful to God that these wailing rogues were unable to hoard their loots completely in foreign currencies...lol

Na that time una for understand say their wailings na personal grief no be say dem care about any masses.

Useless wicked demons.

Bubu, tighten the noose abeg.

Posterity go remember you. I wished your pal Idiagbon was alive to see you bring your joint dreams to life. I am confident he'd be proud of you even in his grave.

Animals.

The idiots were expecting the CBN to print the same amount of currency that should have been in circulation but resting in their various mansions devoid of any human presence.

Enemies of state.

This was what Buhari spent his entire 8 years planning and perfecting.

Well done Bubu.

I'm proud of you...I will contact you for this weekend's bet9ja booking code.

You sabi carry handicap plus Ov 4.5

Buhari is the definition of "He who must come to equity must come with clean hands and legs", something GEJ lacked with the timidity that made the media propaganda work against him.

They would have started throwing and uncovering dirt and dust against Bubu if they had any against him. Roll out the media...

Nothing to blackmail Buhari with so they've resorted to wailing and hiding under the guise of "the masses are suffering". Thunder fire all of una

The only person who could do what Buhari has done and is doing right now is BUHARI. Not even OBJ could have done it and succeeded.

Bunch of rogues...

This was what Buhari spent his entire 8 years planning and perfecting.

Well done Bubu.

I'm proud of you...I will contact you for this weekend's bet9ja booking code.

You sabi carry handicap plus Ov 4.5

For the benefit of those who might not know much about the history of Nigeria as it relates to the man called Buhari. Here's a short story to make you discern if we had been here before or not...

There was a civilian President named Shehu Shagari whose administration was a replica of the GEJ administration.

Under Shehu Shagari's regime, corruption was wearing Buba, Shokoto, and Agabada with swag running amok to the consternation of everyone including the khaki boys amongst who were Buhari, IBB, Dogonyaro, Domkat Bali, Abacha, to name a few.

With the way the civilian government of Shagari was being run, these Military boys came together and told themselves they can't just sit and watch these bloody civilians delete the country and its resources.

So, they decided it was time they intervened to rescue the country and her citizens. (So, they made us believe).

To actualize this plan, they'd need massive financial and logistical support which they lacked.

Fortunately for them, there was a Jagaban of that time in the person of MKO Abiola. The richest African at the time if I'm not mistaken.

They sold him the idea and promises were made to get his financial support to prosecute the coup. We all know how MKO ended up (Story for another day).

The khaki boys got all they needed and the coup was successful without much resistance.

When it was time to choose the one to head the military government, they deliberated within themselves and all settled for Muhammadu Buhari due to his impeccable character, personality, and naivety in the hopes that he'll do their bidding and represent them in their devious ultimate plans to corner the looting for themselves.

Buhari had gotten a second in command in the person of Tunde Idiagbon-also a no-nonsense incorrigible officer. There were rumors then that Idiagvon only smiles or laughs once in a year (lol).

When Buhari settled in as the head of state, he had gone on to begin issuing decrees and effecting a change of the currency to frustrate the thieves of the days while also picking them up and sending them to jail.

Buhari didn't waste as much time as he did this time to start implementing his policies to stifle the rogues and this act was beginning to rub off fast on even his fellow military boys.

The khaki boys looked at themselves and realized they had bought a lion pup thinking it was an ekuke and if they failed to act fast this mad man deviating from their initial plans will consume them all. So, they hatched yet another plan under the sponsorship of the jagaban of the day and kicked Bubu out, himiliated him, and locked him up for year's under the leadership of the gap-toothed one (IBB) who finally legitimized corruption and every form of deviance we will come to know and be known for as a country today.

This story long abeg...i no fit finish am now...

The same thing they did with Buhari in 2015 hoping he was still a mugu they can use to actualize their roguish dreams.

Why did Atiku, Saraki and co. leave APC not long after they helped enthroned Buhari?

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by samwillyco1(m): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
LLagos , Kaduna l, Jigawa , Ondo, Ogun, Kogi etc The North and SW have rejected the disobedience of the Supreme Court by FG and CBN.

Aso rock cabal lule pii.

He is playing with jail.
The directive from the President is an illegal directive that disobeys lawful court order.

Please tell Governors/you that is against PMB to force PMB to the obey the COURT ORDERS that were made against federal government.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Kekydiv(m): 7:25am On Feb 17, 2023
This is where you will know that Nigeria has cabal and Godfathers.. if not how can Governors counter the words of a president? Is the President judgement not supposed to be final!
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by egopersonified(f): 7:29am On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:
President Buhari has declared 500 and 1000 illegal and that decision stands!!!.

It's very unfortunate that there is nothing state governors can do about it, they will only succeed in deceiving their followers ..

Those governors who are daring Buhari will end up complicating issues for their citizens, putting the citizens to more pains and agony, thereby making them to hate APC more..

All Banks across the Nation are working with CBN, and follow instructions from Emefele..

So after telling your citizens to use the old notes , where would they deposit the money at the end of the day, the same bank that is under CBN that is currently rejecting old notes?

No wahala, he should create central bank of Jigawa then, but a wise business man can never engage in that kind of business suicide..

Only uninformed idiots who will still turn around and rebel against the same governor tomorrow can be deceived with such lies

Urchings should also move to Kaduna and Jigawa too.. grin grin grin grin

They all just want to ensure people collect the old notes from them come Feb 25th. I believe it's states due for governorship elections this month and next month that are making all these noise.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by chrisdolly(m): 7:30am On Feb 17, 2023
It is disappointing to see people who'd accused Buhari of flagrant disobedience of court orders to now come forward and support such disobedience again!!! You hated a particular person so much that your conscience is now dead, that you prefer to suffer just because you believe it would affect the chances of an aspirant. Its such a pity brother!!!
CyynthiaKiss:

It's very unfortunate that there is nothing state governors can do about it, they will only succeed in deceiving their followers ..

Those governors who are daring Buhari will end up complicating issues for their citizens, putting the citizens to more pains and agony, thereby making them to hate APC more..

All Banks across the Nation are working with CBN, and follow instructions from Emefele..

So after telling your citizens to use the old notes , where would they deposit the money at the end of the day, the same bank that is under CBN that is currently rejecting old notes?

No wahala, he should create central bank of Jigawa then, but a wise business man can never engage in that kind of business suicide..

Only uninformed idiots who will still turn around and rebel against the same governor tomorrow can be deceived with such lies

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by luluosas(m): 7:30am On Feb 17, 2023
All these useless governors calling for anarchy deliberately should be arrested immediately. Are they bigger than the PRESIDENT?
It's interesting to note that it is APC fighting against APC.

Obi is coming to the rescue
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by shimolv: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2023
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by asanausana91: 7:43am On Feb 17, 2023
Someone should tell this foolish governor that supreme court cannot decide for us what is a legal tender. The president through the CBN is the person that can decide what is a legal tender.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by asanausana91: 7:49am On Feb 17, 2023
This is the time for Buhari to declare state of emergency in any state that failed to comply with his order. This is a coup d'etat, if a governor can publicly disobey the president then it should not be taken lightly.
Those governors knows that they can bribe that foolish CJN that is why they ran to the court that sale's justice.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Easylife1234: 7:50am On Feb 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Aso rock cabal lule pii.

He is playing with jail.

Election holds in 8 days. You should all come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Only Asiwaju can stop them from turning your old notes into tissue paper.

Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December 2023 and Emefiele will be fired.
Every one should remain calm please.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Asiwaju on your mandate will stand Gidigba
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Ijoba85: 7:52am On Feb 17, 2023
You are mad , between a law and a president , which is more powerful ? Without the rule of law , a country will run into anarchy ...Senseless illiterates everywhere
CyynthiaKiss:

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by asanausana91: 7:53am On Feb 17, 2023
jogojogo:

Buhari has never back down, and iam telling you that Buhari will declare state of emergency in any state that want to test the power of the president. All the money that tinubu send to those governors will be tissue paper after today.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Ijoba85: 7:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Penguin2:
Somebody should tell these fools to go and deposit the billions in their possession at the CBN and stop fooling themselves around.

Na people wey go listen to them I dey pity sha.

Una wan follow Buhari craze.

Una go still see werey
You are mad , between a law and a president , which is more powerful ? Without the rule of law , a country will run into anarchy ...Senseless illiterates everywhere
Ndi ala!
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Lithiumite: 8:03am On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

If the governors with their state HA can come out publicly and enjoin their people to disregard Buhari and CBN.......Nigeria is still a cash dependent economy and a lot of that money can remain in circulation outside the banks....... The state will need to assure Thier citizens and arrange a currency circulation strategy and carry out mass public enlightenment,this is a political season and govs can get that done easily with very limited effort.......get critical stakeholders like market leaders,transporters and other unions to co operate.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Doracity82(m): 8:08am On Feb 17, 2023
jogojogo:

Easteners kill you there, efulefu tribal bigot
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by NEUDUDE: 8:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari just clearly show us the enemies of Nigeria.

The people that dont want this country to progress...

grin
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by Michael6292: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2023
grin grin grin
b3llo:
APC wailing 😋
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by abidem4real: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

This writer is one of the reasons Nigeria is likely not going to be free from the hands of dictatorial people like Buhari because I see no reason while a sane person would support president who swore under an oath of the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria to respect and uphold the rule of law to satanically disrespect it even at the peril of the majority of the people he claims to be governing.
If Buhari wants to exercise his executive order, it shouldn't be in matters like this which is obviously a matter between life and death because any issue that concerns money concerns life.

Some people go to school but school refuses to go through them.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by HNICEARTH: 8:48am On Feb 17, 2023
cheesy

Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by onatisi(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2023
which means they cannot be questioned about any decision they make concerning the naira notes ? because i know that the cbn has a legal department and they must have gone through all these details before embarking on this project .
Upworkwriter007:
Actually, constitutionally, all notes ever issued by the CBN remains the property of the CBN at all times.
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by onatisi(m): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2023
i don't think there is any reason for anyone to argue with fg , at least they have extended the legal notes to 200 naira . but the issue is politicians that stack up naira in their vaults at home , never stack 200 naira notes. it is usually 1000 and 500 naira notes.

dadalicious:

They have perfected their evil plans and are so sure CBN will rule in their favour.
God pass them
Re: Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari by TruthIsBitter02: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2023
When buhari disobeyed court order releasing Nnamdi Kanu, you guys were clapping for him. Now his lawlessness do touch una and you guys are crying. God is not a man...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eyoanwan Bassey Otu Pays Hospital Bills Of Electrocuted Traders In Calabar / 4 Ex-Governors, 21 Other Senators Sponsor no Bill In 10 Months / 2019 Elections: We Will Be Stoned To Death If We Present Buhari – APC Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.