Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele (14004 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Who Else Noticed This With Banks This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:33am On Feb 17, 2023
The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has said that he had met the commercial banks and given them directives on how to make the old N200 naira notes available to Nigerians.

Emefiele said this in a video clip recently posted on the CBN official Twitter handle while addressing journalists after his meeting with the president, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (Retd.) at the villa on Thursday morning. When asked what Nigerians should expect from the CBN following the president’s directive, the governor of the apex bank noted that he had met with 15 banks after the broadcast and strategised on the implementation.

The PUNCH reported that Buhari had earlier on Thursday said the old N500 and N1,000 banknotes were no longer legal tender in the country.

The president, however, said the old N200 note would be legal tender for the next 60 days, till April 10, 2023, while urging Nigerians to deposit their old N500 and 1000 notes with the CBN.

Responding to the issue, Emefiele said, “The President has given his directives; I have met with about 15 banks this morning and given them directives on how they should make the old N200 notes available.”

Taking a swipe at the Supreme Court over the judgement that upheld old N1,000, N500 and N200 naira notes as legal tender, he hinted that he was following the directive of the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami and that of the president.

Malami had asked the Supreme Court to dismiss a suit challenging the naira redesign policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria

Emefiele then told journalists, “The truth is this, we are all servants, we are serving the Nigerians, as far as I am concerned, the Attorney General of the Federation has spoken on this matter and the President has sealed up the whole of the issue in his broadcast this morning.”

The CBN governor further appealed to Nigerians to let the policy work as it would benefit them in the long run.

He added, “I can only appeal to Nigerians to allow this policy to work. This policy is one that aims to solve the problem of corruption and illicit financial flows; resolve some of the problems in the economy; help reduce insecurity in the country.

“These three issues which are the tripod of this administration’s policy are all embedded in this policy; we should allow it to work.

“There are some temporary pains but I can assure Nigerians that the long-run benefit to Nigerians is overwhelming and we should just let it work.”

source: https://punchng.com/new-naira-i-have-met-with-banks-to-make-old-n200-available-says-emefiele/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Pay4u: 7:34am On Feb 17, 2023
4 Bedroom Townhouse with a room BQ for Sale in Jabi Abuja. ₦140m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1n2yi5p_g

4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex with 1 Room Bq for sale in Mabushi Abuja. Visit website for more Abuja properties.

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Malory: 7:34am On Feb 17, 2023
De play

5 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Neduzze5(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2023
That's the way to go. The President's decision is final in this matter.

For today and only today, I can comfortably call Buhari "Our Darling Daddy" in the voice of our in-house Vulture griller.

This new amendment is well though out for the masses and the policy in it's entirety will affect vote buyer, drug pushers, kidnappers and Dubai landlords.

You have before close of business today to pay in your monies with the CBN else you'd have yourself to blame.

Of course, when majority of the people realize that no banks under the purview of the CBN will collect these monies, they'd panic and stop accepting it at all to minimise their losses.

Anyways, I have been reliably informed that some banks are still collecting the old notes. I have attached the list herein.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by lokotamak(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2023
cool cool ok oo
Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by badBADbichh(f): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Haaa! Time for small mathematics.
1k divided by 200 Naira = 5.

Since one candidate moves bullion vans full of 1k notes...
This simply means he'll be needing 5x more bullion vans than anticipated to move 200 Naira notes.

That rogue will still try to find a way.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by localbreed(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Why I Don't Support Tinubu for President of Nigeria

Personal reason: I don't like the choice of his Vice, he strikes me as the true face of Bokoharam.

Health reason: He is obviously struggling with his health and memories. It is not his fault that he is old, but it is his fault that he has refused to rest. I won't push him to an office that his health and age will not carry. He will end up ruling by proxy, which is not good for a country like Nigeria.

Reason based on justice: GEJ and his party were voted out of office based on incompetence, it is only fair that with the woeful failure of APC that has superseded that of PDP, the party should not be rewarded with another tenure.

Based on morals: Tinubu has consistently lied. He lied about his age, his education, and his family. They even hired people to act as bishops and priests in one of their unveiling programs. I do not trust anything he is promising. Even more, is the fact that he is an alleged drug lord and he has not denied his dealings with illegal drugs. My moral conscience won't allow me to consider him.

Religion: He is Muslim, his Vice is a Muslim and they both want to take over from a Muslim. In a country like ours with about 50% Christians, they are simply saying that the North has no Christians. And to make it more obvious, El Rufia in one of his recent interviews described the northern Christians as an "enclave".

Issue base: His major drive to be president is based on the fact that he considers the presidency as his turn (emi lo kan). Even on issues he has spoken about, none is coherent. And even if you think anyone is coherent, they don't seem to have emanated from him.

Note: I have the right to my opinion on the candidates.
This is my personal opinion.

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by bro4u: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Right now I am supporting Buhari's APC and not Tinubu's own... Urchins come n beat me

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Akinsete19(m): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2023
It's not today that Buhari started disobeying court orders, so why the noise from state governments?

35 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Johnjanrt: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2023
shocked
Hope this helps. Course Nigerians are groaning in agonising pains.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by mytime24(f): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2023
One corntree

Different laws

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Featuredgist: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Killer Cop And Organ Harvesting: SP Princess Plans To Escape To the US As Her Husband Harrison Disappears

https://featuredgist.com/killer-cop-and-organ-harvesting-sp-princess-plans-to-escape-to-the-us-as-her-husband-harrison-disappears/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by CalabarPikin: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Okay Boss

I pity the people that will follow El Rufai and his gang sha......cuz they have connections that can help them change their old not if they want but the innocent citizens who choose to follow blindly will be at big lost

Buhari has been disobeying court orders for ages...... I wonder why the cry now

16 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Curious345: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari's patriotism to the federal Republic is without sentiments to party or family..

Tinubu and his hoards of supporters have forgotten buhari is a military man

13 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Also print more of the N100 notes and push out.

Kudos Meffy, Nigerians are behind you.

13 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by saphiere(f): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
I got this to say.
When you do the same thing over and over you will definitely get the same result.
Men have been governing us since 1960 and nothing comes out. Give chance to the female folks let's see if there would be a chance.
After all, Queen Esther changed the history of her people.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Curious345: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Nice move
Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by maestroferddi: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
The moment ATMs begin to dispense N200 notes, all these noise will die a natural death...

Tinubu and his people have lost this one...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by LordAdam16: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Ride on.

Just 9 days to go.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by tyson98: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Na emefiele dey reign pass for naija now

If care is not taken hmmmm next will might be so tough

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Boyooosa(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Way to go. #200 note is enough for an average Nigerian. An average Nigerian hardly spends more than 10k everyday consistently in cash. So the rest should either be done through transfer or you rest.

The politicians financial war chest is going down the abyss as a tissue paper. There's no single politician that can command 20bn of the new notes to go round the federation on election day.

So, we are good to go

17 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by nairalee(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Efiemewere....Emefiewele.......Ema fi wa sere ooo

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by ebuk4real(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
sadHi
Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Fuckyoumod: 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Sounds better.
Supreme court of the highest bidder, Governors, Tinubu and urchins can rest.
Stop crying for Nigerians, we don't need your crocodile tears. Because you are the very problem of this country.

Old 200 naira notes will be back in circulation.

Any other person or Governor still fighting and crying most be the people with stolen 1k and 500 naira notes to buy votes.

Those of you still hoping on Supreme court, sorry, Oyo is your case. Supreme court will never prevail on this issue as long as Buhari remains the president of Nigeria.

Supreme court is wasting their time. Some judgments shouldn't be obeyed just because it's coming from supreme court my ass. And only Buhari has the balls to do that.

Imo state comes to mind.
I still don't understand how somebody who came 3rd or 4th would become 1st.

I still wonder how Lawan and Akpabio got the APC ticket for Senate. When we are all aware that they never ran for that ticket in the first place.

If you don't get it that there is massive corruption in our judiciary, then you are just a big fool.

15 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by clarocuzioo(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
let them recirculate the 200 naira notes. Print more of 100 notes and other smaller denominations to ease micro transactions, this will by extension strength the economy. Looters can go to hell with their loots turned tissue paper.

8 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by ecolime(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by ebuk4real(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
angry

Dear Governor of the masses,
We love you & PMB. We know you want the good for us. Keep dismantling the plans of the witches and wizards with broom. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Ruggedniggaone: 7:38am On Feb 17, 2023
I hope buhari will send Bawa after those bastard governors who supported buhari disobeying court order for the past 7 years but suddenly turn to the supporters of the masses overnight,buhari govt has been selecting which court judgement to accept or reject since he came to power from dasuki to kanu and many more,these bastard set of criminals supported every anti people policies of buhari administration for the past 7 years they only realise that court is supreme when they want to use it to manipulate the system, we must reject their sudden fake love,all those apc govs that dare to disagree with buhari order should be removed whether legally or illegally we wil support buhari illegality this time around because we can't allow few thiefnubuu dogs to set Nigeria on fire because of their personal selfish interests.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Waterlilly: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2023
this man is confused.
most bankers are now enjoying holidays they hardly get

5 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: I Have Met With Banks To Make Old N200 Available - Emefiele by Goodmanamen: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2023
sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shoprite/palms Sango Ota Opening Today / Traders Jubilate As Lagos Government Re-opens Ajegunle Market (Video) / Grow Your Business Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.