Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Come In Lawyers. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Come In Lawyers. (167 Views)

Deed Of Conveyance: Please Lawyers, I Need Advice / I Need A Lawyers Advice, My Late Dads Property Is Wasting / Property Lawyers In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Come In Lawyers. by Chechem: 8:58am On Feb 17, 2023
I sued someone in the high court on liquidated money demand. I purchase a land from him which turned out to be defective, it was a government land.

Before going to court, I have already reported him for fraud at the police, this was because he stopped picking my calls. Police invited him and he refused to honor it. This made me decide to go to court. However, after I have gone to court, police succeeded in arresting him, against my stand of them prosecuting him, they instead entered an undertaking with him to refund the money. They called me one day and said he brought 200k and I told them that I want my case to be charged to court. From here they began frustrating the case and sided with suspect. He even wrote a petition against me in a higher police command, they refused to tell the wrong he was alleging until I come, I had to petition the IG.

Hopeful that the court is the hope of a common man, I waited for the court. On his intention to defend the suit, he agreed to the debt he mentioned that he has paid me the 200k. This was the sole reason while the judge transfered the case to trial.

My question is for the lawyers.
1. Having transfered the case to the general cause list, is the case to start afresh?

2. Doing trial, is it only the 200k payment is what is to be argued?

3. If the suit is starting afresh, can we use the ruling on the undefended list in the trial.

4. Can we adjust our claims at this point?

5. The 200k was not paid to me, it was paid to the police against my stand and they are still with it.

My lawyer is till angry with the outcome, I just want to get other views...

(1) (Reply)

2plots Facing Lekki Epe Expressway / Land For Sale In Ogun State / Mini Flat To Let At Fadipe Shomolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.