Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

How Much Is Electricity In Your Area - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Much Is Electricity In Your Area (17118 Views)

Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? / How Is Electricity In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by nedekid: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Krackers99:

Which area is this?
Akowonjo, Lagos.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Compliant(m): 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
MonthlySalary:
Now is the best time to source for an alternative to PHCN . It's now ridiculously expensive.

True talk.

Like today I went on solar from morning till 4pm, henceforth it will be a daily routine
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by nedekid: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
Rgade:

10k for 40units? sad Nigga are you sure?
Unless the people you’re buying from produces the electricity through manual labour, nothing justifies that price.

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
[quote author=nedekid post=121000141][/quote]
Guy that’s crazy 😮
Perhaps you should change your retailer or try buying straight from your Disco.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by PotatoSalad(m): 11:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
BABAawoo47:
ekedc
So they're ripping us off here 😩
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by nedekid: 11:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Rgade:

Guy that’s crazy 😮
Perhaps you should change your retailer or try buying straight from your Disco.
It is. I just applied for regular ikedc meter.
I get 24hr electricity though.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by BABAawoo47: 10:10am On Feb 18, 2023
[quote author=nedekid post=121000141]
omo, Same 10k i got for 286 units
Twice I've recharged 10k and was given 286 units
I no understand this stuff again
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by hoyze24: 11:41am On Feb 18, 2023
Ex0rrcist:

The meter in my house has a card, that's what we use to recharge. When I check online, it said the type of meter we use cannot be paid online and I would really like to pay online henceforth. Can you help me out on how to pay online. That's the picture of the card. And how to know meter number
The problem might be the application I recommend not working with the distribution company you use.
If it does, then you should be able to pay using the meter number.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Greatzeus(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lifebender:

Please,how do you guys recharge online?
Very easy and convenient, you can do it anytime of the day,even at midnight.
There are online merchants like buypower.ng,irecharge etc, but prefer using my GtWorld App because I don't want to put my card details on just any site.
It's very simple steps,just input your meter number,phone number, amount of token you want to buy,and payment method. You will receive a text and email(if you put email) almost immediately after the transaction, containing your 20 digit token
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by CodeTemplar: 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2023
Michaelcas:
please i want to know, how much did it cost you for all of it
Animal of the highest order. Don't you still like to know?
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Snakedoctor1: 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
Colybaly:
Eedc is charging over #71 per Unit on prepaid meter cards and postpaid subscribers are given over #10,000 monthly on an empty 2 bedroom flat..

Was having 25.46 units before I recharged #1000 which is 14 units. Making it a total of 39.35

What's the cost per unit in your area ?

I belong to a firm of Energy Law practitioners. We have conducted a survey on the DISCO's secret increase in electricity tariff without the consent of consumers.

We still need information for a mega power summit. The aim is to sensitise consumers on their rights.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by charlsecy(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
MonthlySalary:
Now is the best time to source for an alternative to PHCN . It's now ridiculously expensive.
Nothing can beat the robustness and applicability of electricity from power companies.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Colybaly: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2023
Tonymegabush1:
Pls eedc token is 57.7, i bought 1300 crdt worth of token last night, i was given unit tune of 22.5

I am also under eedc, which medium or bank app did you use to purchase your token
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2023
Colybaly:

I am also under eedc, which medium or bank app did you use to purchase your token

Access bank...
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Colybaly: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
frugal:

You're enjoying low rate.
I pay N54/KWH. And I use 300-500 KWH per month.

IKEDC

Is #71 per Kwh cheap ?
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Colybaly: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
Tonymegabush1:

Access bank...
okay, I will try it today and know if there will be any difference
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by corporateDan(m): 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
Please which one is better between analog meter and prepaid.. my last bill was 25k for 3 bedroom flat.. the bill don dey chock me.
I have 55 & 42 inches TV
A 1.5 HP AC
A freezer
A refrigerator
5 ORL standing fan
3 water heater
A pressing iron
A washing machine
A four burner electric cooker
2 solar inverter batteries

NOTE: Iikeja electric
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by salbis(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2023
emerich:

Is it the same KEDCO am using? Or are you staying in a remote area? Because i bought #10,000 worth of electricity @ #75/unit, was given 132 units for #10,000, i stay at Jaba.
. I stay in town.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Lifebender(m): 8:48am On Feb 20, 2023
Greatzeus:

Very easy and convenient, you can do it anytime of the day,even at midnight.
There are online merchants like buypower.ng,irecharge etc, but prefer using my GtWorld App because I don't want to put my card details on just any site.
It's very simple steps,just input your meter number,phone number, amount of token you want to buy,and payment method. You will receive a text and email(if you put email) almost immediately after the transaction, containing your 20 digit token

Okay.Thanks very much.
I will try it out.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Compliant(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2023
corporateDan:
Please which one is better between analog meter and prepaid.. my last bill was 25k for 3 bedroom flat.. the bill don dey chock me.
I have 55 & 42 inches TV
A 1.5 HP AC
A freezer
A refrigerator
5 ORL standing fan
3 water heater
A pressing iron
A washing machine
A four burner electric cooker
2 solar inverter batteries

NOTE: Iikeja electric

pls what are you still doing with NEPA light?

its more economical when you get enough solar panel and good battery instead of giving one discos 25k monthly.

give your laundry to dry cleaner, get inverter AC, use gas if you need hot water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by corporateDan(m): 9:42am On Feb 20, 2023
Compliant:

pls what are you still doing with NEPA light?

its more economical when you get enough solar panel and good battery instead of giving one discos 25k monthly.

give your laundry to dry cleaner, get inverter AC, use gas if you need hot water
Big thanks for your advice

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 10:27am On Feb 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see electricity reaching N1,000 per kw. I see Nigerians still defending APC, I see darkness everywhere.

This I have seen.
Why be say na only bad bad things you dey see
They forbid you to dey prophesy good things🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Michaelcas(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
haybhi1:

The cost depends on the kinds and power of appliances you want to power, so it could be less, more or same in cost. AC, pumping machine, iron and freezer are high-energy appliances and so need high watt solar system to power them. TV, lightening bulbs, chandeliers, fans and the likes are moderate-energy appliances and so would need less kva.
However, we make a reliable and flexible solar system, and thus you can manage all these appliances.

I can install a reliable solar system for you anywhere you're in the country, and I bet it will power your house efficiently, so that you go 100% off-grid.

My whatsapp contact is ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight and haybhieeee@gmail.
Please reach out and I'll explain better, give you portfolio and fix it for you.
ah thanks a lot, man
I'll reach out for more information
Screw phcn

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Michaelcas(m): 4:40pm On Feb 20, 2023
CodeTemplar:
your life in retrospect. Idiot of the highest order. Die now in Jesus name. Lol.
wetin de pain this one? grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by CodeTemplar: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
Michaelcas:
wetin de pain this one? grin
idiot still dey ask more question.
Fire consume you. Belial.
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Psady(m): 5:55am On Feb 21, 2023
Rgade:

10k for 40units? sad Nigga are you sure?
Unless the people you’re buying from produces the electricity through manual labour, nothing justifies that price.
Might be a 3phase meter,an industrial environment, using 33kva .
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Psady(m): 6:02am On Feb 21, 2023
succri:
291units - 10k
location please, and what distro?
Re: How Much Is Electricity In Your Area by Chinonyedotcom: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2023
at 132 naira per kilowatt hour that's what I pay now. 3k gives me 22.9 kilowatt hour of electricity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season / "I Advised Atiku, Tinubu To Step Down For Younger Generation" - Wole Soyinka / 20+ Really Interesting Questions To Ask A Girl You Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.