Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award (22384 Views)

Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by greypencils: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
COMPAQ:

Mikel is not serious. He was not robbed of anything. How did he expect to win, a player who scores no goals, compared to Yaya Toure that was almost City's top scorer that season. That was the season where almost every time Yaya steps up to take a free kick, na goal.

No doubt Mikel was superb that season, but Yaya was also immense that period. The clincher was that Yaya was scoring for fun. Bottom line, football is about scoring goals.

And are you really about to argue with Eto and Drogba being the best at the peak of their powers?

Anyway Nigeria can win this year if Osimhen keeps scoring and Napoli wins the Scudetto!
Winning the Scudetto is not enough. He and Napoli have to also perform credibly well in UCL and if possible go farther than PSG's Hakimi.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Yungmil: 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
robosky02:

Last year ohhhh?
Yes they give d award from last year performance. Nations cup is d biggest African tournament. Mane bro
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by gibzzhd: 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
robosky02:

Am waiting how they want to robe osimhen again

This 2023

Sadio mane is injured and out

Mohammed Salah under performing

Nigerians can be blinded by patriotism. 2023 is just February so we still have 10 months to play for.
For 2022 osimeh was certainly not the best 🤣😂
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by gibzzhd: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
Why are Nigerians like this. Robbed indeed. Wasn't Isa hayatto the CAF president when Nigerians was winning it for fun in the 90's.
Shame on Nigerians always blinded by patriotism
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by FireUpNow(m): 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
You were awesome
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by VinnyBaba: 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyfour:
That Kanoute own was terrible

U re Ignorant in Football. sad

Kanoute was KING of Sevilla and scoring goals in La Liga and Uefa Cup, winning it in 2007!

Kanoute Fully deserved his Award! smiley
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by fijiano202(m): 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
Let's be honest.. Mikrl was not Robbed... The fact that he even made the list was due to others effort

Mikel winning would have been the fraud

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Judolisco(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Obakoolex:

So Messi used all there glory to shine above em all
I'm saying dat mikel also tried compared to others.. Hw did taye Taiwo end up... I can continue with a long list....Messi na god of football oh...
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Tunde25(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
Mikel should stop ranting; Mikel was an average footballer. He used to play well when he was at Lyn Islo and played against Messi in the 2005 FIFA tournament. However, Jose Mourinho murdered his career when he joined Chelsea.

So, he was an average player and was still rated with Messi?
Was his is fault when he joined Chelsea? Was his is fault to play under Mourinho?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Karnice600: 11:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
robosky02:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/17/everybody-left-stage-mikel-obi-reveals-he-got-robbed-of-african-footballer-of-the-year-award/

Kpele. I remember how you snubbed our down-to-earth 2baba in the UK back then. Today he's more relevant in the history of African music than you are in the history of African football.
Life happens.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by lordsniel(m): 12:05am On Feb 18, 2023
After how many years
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by lordsniel(m): 12:07am On Feb 18, 2023
NIG. Used Camry 2001
Nothing to fix
1.150m
Ogba

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by BannedLarge: 1:08am On Feb 18, 2023
Starboytwo:
To be fair, Mikel is not really an exciting player like that to be winning APOTY. No goals or assist as a midfielder etc. Yaya scored 24 goals that season.

But make una no worry. Osimhen is here to win us 3 back to back to back APOTY.

So defensive midfielders, or defenders shouldn’t ever win that award because they’re not scoring goals?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by phemmyfour: 1:28am On Feb 18, 2023
VinnyBaba:

U re Ignorant in Football. sad

Kanoute was KING of Sevilla and scoring goals in La Liga and Uefa Cup, winning it in 2007!

Kanoute Fully deserved his Award! smiley
Mumu

Indomie generation, at least learn to use Google

Drogba didn't come for the event, so caf gave the award to Kanoute.

Drogba, who won the award last year, told the French sports daily L'Equipe that he had received a call from a “prominent CAF official telling me that if I did not come to the ceremony, the rules would be changed and the award would be given to the second-placed player, meaning Kanoute
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by VinnyBaba: 10:10am On Feb 18, 2023
phemmyfour:
Mumu

Indomie generation, at least learn to use Google

Drogba didn't come for the event, so caf gave the award to Kanoute.

Drogba, who won the award last year, told the French sports daily L'Equipe that he had received a call from a “prominent CAF official telling me that if I did not come to the ceremony, the rules would be changed and the award would be given to the second-placed player, meaning Kanoute

See dis Guy! sad cheesy

When I start Watch Football, u were still a Baby!

Kanoute Deserved the Award MORE than Drogba!

Kanoute won the UEFA Cup with Sevilla in 2006/2007.
Drogba won only Carling and FA cup in that season.
So He was Better!

Drogba is Telling Tales, Just like Mikel Obi now. undecided

Don't Try Argue something like European Football with Me, Ok?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Ajibade123(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2023
Obakoolex:
angry Bros that was 10 years ago.
To believe you were rated alongside Messi is a wonder grin
Enough of these rubbish
Mikel had a wonderful career in which more than half of that his generation could only dream
Messi messi every time
Tell me how many players in the history of football that reached Messi's height
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by phemmyfour: 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2023
VinnyBaba:

See dis Guy! sad cheesy

When I start Watch Football, u were still a Baby!

Kanoute Deserved the Award MORE than Drogba!

Kanoute won the UEFA Cup with Sevilla in 2006/2007.
Drogba won only Carling and FA cup in that season.
So He was Better!

Drogba is Telling Tales, Just like Mikel Obi now. undecided

Don't Try Argue something like European Football with Me, Ok?

kilomode e mo
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Elibaba1: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2023
SenatePresdo:

The majority of Coaches and captains of the whole African teams said otherwise with their vote cast.

We’ve seen how Ronaldo won Balon’dor in 2013 after ending the season trophy less against Franck Riberry who won every trophy and European best player before the event. Politics is not new in football.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award by Geeman2006: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
phemmyfour:
Mourinho indeed

Was Mourinho also responsible for his lack of goals in the national team as no 10. Even at U20, how many goals did he score

Mourinho cemented it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Close To Completing €81 Million Move To Napoli / Josep Bartomeu Reveals Tough Decisions Will Be Taken After Humiliating Loss / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.