Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes (58250 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Goke7: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ezeego1:

Lol,,, Their plan is to mop up the remaining old naira notes circulating... by the time they have gathered all the old naira notes you will be begging the bank for peanuts.

They are only trying to make sure there's no old notes circulating on before next week general elections.

that is why I just pity those rushing to the banks to give away their old notes

3 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Ezeego1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
tinsel:

Until April 10

Why are you people like this?

Why are you believing your own lie urchinus?
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Alliswell248: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
The policy only favors those who still have old notes. Market women no longer collect them.

There is no deadline as regards this.....
Market women, and every other business people can still collect it....

True Nigerians 5
Ipob miscreants 0

Don't vote for an Ipob President.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by brownbib(m): 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:
Cool, I'm going back to that place again tonight grin
cheesy grin angry grin
The girls didn't collect old notes from customers last night. I need to fvck badly.
lol grin
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by zomby(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
CBN is useless
Buhari is a clueless animal that needs to be caged for a very long time
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Alliswell248: 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
Flows001:

APC fighting APC, and APC wanting to save Nigeria from APC.
Trying to campaign for the druglord with this situation that wouldn't have come up at all if the druglord had never supported the emergence of this clueless APC.
Confused motherfuckers!!
Una go collect next week, e no far again!

Don't Vote for a tribal President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by seunmsg(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

The question is - which serious minded business person have the time to collect old notes, go to the bank, waste much time in the queue, reach their turn, collect generated number, then wait again to reach their turn before his or her cash is accepted? Do turnover and start again the circle.... Nah, it doesn't worth the stress.

Day to day business persons can't risk doing something that would bring biz stress and detriments to his or her business.

Nobody get such time, we rather reject the old naira to ensure the smooth business run.

Well, new Naira notes are very scarce so sales will be limited.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by TruthHurts100: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
These people are dumb. So they didn't think of how hard it would be for cbn to attend to 20million people in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by BeardedmeatR(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:
Cool, I'm going back to that place again tonight grin

The girls didn't collect old notes from customers last night. I need to fvck badly.
Conji na bastard! undecided
For the love of the beardedmeat.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Crvrider: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
Spiritmask:

You can't generate the reference code more than once with your BVN, and you can't use the code for more than one deposit.
So if you like go to 500 banks

I read the guys message(assuming he's a guy) and I shook my head.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Aboguede(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
BigBallsBiden:

Even u ur self no understand wetin u wan write grin

My brother, there is a saying in igbo "ukwo'chukwu na the same people "

You say the West and you separate America and Russia grin funny ur brain grin

The reason why you don't understand what u want to say is summerised in a single word 'government'
That is what you want to talk about but u have no clue about the word shocked
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by gigabyte13: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Bald headed confuse nincompoops in power
Mtchewwwwee

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Realmargie(f): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by AmotekunSW: 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Those cursed ipob fools supported the cashless policy and it failed.
When we say they are cursed with failure, it's not a joke.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by olaztek(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
Omo this govt dey use us play Tom and Jerry.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ttalk:
They have no choice.

A win for the masses

A win for the progressives

A win for all that stood against the tyrant of Emefiele and Bubari.

Shame on all Mkpuru miri addicts

Shame on those that support the contempt of the judiciary

Shame on the fools that want the masses to suffer

Shame on every soul that supports this wicked policy of the government

Tinubu is a failed project and will never be President of Nigeria.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by CodeTemplar: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
christejames:
Better but the notes are no longer legal tender
collect but don't pay out.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
AmotekunSW:
Those cursed ipob fools supported the cashless policy and it failed.
When we say they are cursed with failure, it's not a joke.

Cursed useless Tinubu urchins.

Why are you crying you tribalistic fool?
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by highness25(m): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
kosovo:

It's a cumbersome process and I doubt it will continue till Feb 25...

You have to fill a from and all that gilberish...
lies. I'm in fidelity bank right now and we're not filling form, just go to the counter with your money and deposit it there but it's just 500k.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by deji17: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
This Emefiele is making a fool out of Buhari. Supreme court will say one thing, Buhari will say another thing, Emefiele will say something else.. Confusion break bone o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by canDy4eva(f): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
press9jatv:
Cbn only make the pronouncement to ease the stress in the public. You will still passed through the stress but not much by generating the code online. Also the #500 and #1000 is no more a legal tender in the public. Cbn operatives want to ease the stress of Nigerians here. Kudos to them. More collections of the old naira notes.

...well siad. Just that Nigerians are so difficult to please and take things out of context!
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Mccullum: 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
This is how outcome of any policy that is not well plans with consideration of the wellbeing of the populace. This is what reasonable Nigerians are fighting for.

Kudos to the progressive governors, Kudos to the world leaders that feel concern for Nigerians. Kudos to reasonable Nigerians people. Kudos to constitutional democratic system of government.

God bless Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by canDy4eva(f): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ttalk:
They have no choice.

A win for the masses

Do you know what a WIN looks like?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by AmotekunSW: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Cursed useless Tinubu urchins.
Why are you crying you tribalistic fool?

Cry me a river, stupid ipob bastard.
You are all failures and you will never stop failing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by casualobserver: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
what of giving people their money?

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Alliswell248:

Don't Vote for a tribal President.

You're right, that's why we will never vote for Tinubu because he's a terrible tribal failed project.

Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by OkwuMajesty: 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
CBN portal that got crashed and even till this moment you can't generate the pin.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Cry me a river, stupid ipob bastard.
You are all failures and you will never stop failing.

You're manifesting your lunacy again?

Useless Yoruba Muslim tribal fool.

You're failure personified.

Cursed urchin
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by okine4real: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
i cant believe most people here dont read to understand. cbn says go to your bank and deposit the money instead of coming to CBN. 500 and 1000 is still not valid anymore. make una dey read now haba
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by ihesiuloa(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ttalk:
They have no choice.

A win for the masses

All of a sudden you now call this same government SHAME! As if you were not part of the people who voted them into power, you are only trying to play the reverse psychology here.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mccullum:
This is how outcome of any policy that is not well plans with consideration of the wellbeing of the populace. This is what reasonable Nigerians are fighting for.

Kudos to the progressive governors, Kudos to the world leaders that feel concern for Nigerians. Kudos to reasonable Nigerians people. Kudos to constitutional democratic system of government.

God bless Nigerians.

It was Tinubu that told Buhari to do that and why are urchins crying now?
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by BJanta: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
press9jatv:
Cbn only make the pronouncement to ease the stress in the public. You will still passed through the stress but not much by generating the code online. Also the #500 and #1000 is no more a legal tender in the public. Cbn operatives want to ease the stress of Nigerians here. Kudos to them. More collections of the old naira notes.

Your sense of analysis is poor. If the banks will collect, it means I take it from my customers and return it to the bank anytime I'm inclined. So ,where is the ban ? Buhari is an extremely unintelligent person. Never know how to do anything right. BVN , NIN, SIM card registration ,,APC primaries ‐ all are monumental failures. He's an insanely vindictive person. He never embarks on any policy except there's an enemy to pursue. And he's always failed by
his shallow wisdom and low IQ .Are we still not registering SIM CARDS ,BVN and NIN?
And now he has added currency swap to his list of unending disasters.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

51-Year-Old Nigerian Bought As A Toy By A Rich White Kid / Kenneth Bramor's "Expensive" Convoy Trapped After A Downpour / Lebanese Citizens Are Robbing Their Banks To Withdraw Their Own Money (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.