Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust (39984 Views)

Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN / Banks, Businesses Comply With CBN Directive On Old Notes — But Shortage Persists / Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by grandstar(m): 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
Now there's some relief!
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by OmoOshodi(m): 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
Tinubu right now

Confused

1 Like

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by cumoverna: 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
All of them wey de fight buhari are your CABALS.
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by ike007(m): 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
If this is not madness i don't know what madness is

1 Like

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by YungMillionaire: 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
cool
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by bonnyhope: 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Apc Governors sponsoring fake news up and down
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Siwisheswereesh: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Shame!
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Luckysbab: 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
Massiveglory:
Election is just a few days away.
There is no cause for alarm.
Do not let any desperate politician push you to alarm. They are only after their selfish interest which is to get power by all means.

This new naira policy is one that will favor the nation at large.
There are little inconvenices here and there but I tell you the masses will stand to gain

Little inconveniences?

I have no words to express my disgust at you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by IpobAntidote: 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
Malory:
The satanic APC orchestrated by Tinubu who also doubles as the national leader of the evil party have brought nothing but sorrow and hardship to Nigerians. We must reject them from top to bottom in this coming election if we wants our dear country to work again.

ODe, ole mumu. Tinubu is your dumbo CBN Governor? Thunder fire you and your unborn generations. Bastard ret@rd.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Siwisheswereesh: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
That Osita Nwasinobi guy is the author of all this confusion and he is a piggiidiioott angry

Piiggiidioootts amaka cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Luckysbab: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
Emellda:
Fake news media are trying hard to turn this whole thing on its belly and push the country into chaos so that they can blame Buhari for it. Cant believe I'll ever defend Buhari in this life, but on this one, I'm fully behind him

Cos you're foolish. No surprises

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by FreeStuffsNG: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
O su mi o. smh

The directive from the President is an illegal directive that disobeys lawful court order.

Election holds in 8 days. You should all come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Only Asiwaju can stop them from turning your old notes into tissue paper.

Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December 2023 and Emefiele will be fired for incompetence.
Every one should remain calm please.
check my signature for free stuffs!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by somehow: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
Daily trust
Why didn't you post the so called directives you sighted at the CBN office?

Majority of the media outlets we have in Nigeria are owned by politicians with vested interests.

They keep churning out lies and misinformation.

I hope when the country catches fire, they will be around to enjoy the flames.

Criminals.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Hussein035: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Emellda:
Fake news media are trying hard to turn this whole thing on its belly and push the country into chaos so that they can blame Buhari for it. Cant believe I'll ever defend Buhari in this life, but on this one, I'm fully behind him

You are still believing the policy will make Obi to win😅, pls don't try to tell us the election results is not fair once Jagaban becomes your president because I can see you are happy now because you think Tinubu is now chained as if Jagaban is in the the bank queue with you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Tflex01: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Malory:
The satanic APC orchestrated by Tinubu who also doubles as the national leader of the evil party have brought nothing but sorrow and hardship to Nigerians. We must reject them from top to bottom in this coming election if we wants our dear country to work again.

We will vote Tinubu and reject APC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by rottenegg: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
No be 9days remain? All you talkatives, do you have your voter's card ready? I'm sure most of you don't. Then you will come here and rant, abuse yourselves and drink garri before you sleep.
Una mumu no do. Carry your card, come out and vote on election days!
If you want APC...come out and vote.
If you want PDP...come out and vote.
If you want LP .....come out and vote.
Most of us are tired of all you abusive nuisance showing off all your uncultured behaviour on NL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Luckysbab: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hussein035:

You are still believing the policy will make Obi to win😅, pls don't try to tell us the election results is not fair once Jagaban becomes your president because I can see you are happy now because you think Tinubu is now chained as if Jagaban is in the the bank queue with you

Don't mind the dumbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Brushstrokes20: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
# policy somersault undecided
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by NoToPile: 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
This is terrible, these people are just taking us for a ride.

Are you saying the banks just came out of the thin air sending mails and tweeting about collecting old 500 naira and 1,000 naira notes to the tune of 500k max without an official memo from Cbn? Impossible.

Banks would never state this if there was no clear cut directive from Cbn.

What in the world is wrong with these people sef. Ahan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Mccullum: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
Let's see as the event unfolding, Renewed Hope is a goal to presidency. We'll vote, he'll won by the will of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by somehow: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
NoToPile:
This is terrible, these people are just taking us for a ride.

Are you saying the banks just came out of the thin air sending mails and tweeting about collecting old 500 naira and 1,000 naira notes to the tune of 500k max without an official memo from Cbn? Impossible.

Banks would never state this if there was no clear cut directive from Cbn.

What in the world is wrong with these people sef. Ahan.

And have you cited such memo?

The banks or these unpatriotic media houses should post the memo from the CBN supporting their claim.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by gfelo(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
So unprofessional, the CBN governor should resign immediately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Malory: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
IpobAntidote:

My entire family are ODe, ole mumu. Tinubu is my dumbo CBN Governor? Thunder will fire me and my unborn generations. I and my siblings are Bastard ret@rd.
Are you serious?
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by baralatie(m): 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
All the way from Addis Ababa na him fone ring
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Benjamin4388(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
Kingpele:
This country is full of lazy brains especially our leaders... this is the way people suffered in buharia first rule in early 80s as a military dictator that time .. which resulted to the coup that removed him and I could remember every adult then was very happy because his reign of terror overwhelmed the citizens... AIT ran a documentary around 2014 exposing the disaster we were about to vote in ,yet we refused to pay attention to them ...now after he underperformed in his first tenure ...to show the extent of our foolishness we rewarded him with a second term to finish the country patapata...unintelligent bigot was elected president of 200 million people...now the drug Lord that helped him to become president is running to be president with his two left legs .. tired legs for that matter and human beings are supporting him
Brother i feel you..nigeria made it clear about something in life..some people actually use 0 percent of their brain..u wont believe
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Malory:

Nha so he pain you reach...I guess you lost a dear one.

Anyways take one bucket and pass the reminder on we need your very salty tears.

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by Benjamin4388(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
IpobAntidote:
This incompetent CBN Governor is even worse than anyone can imagine. This mumu too will be claiming t =o be well educated.
I have often aid it previously that we simply attach too much importance to educational qualification in Nigeria. This guy is a perfect example of books without any ounce of basic common sense, smartness and logical/ irrational reasoning ability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Okay
Re: CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust by jaxxy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cbn branch isn't supposed to make such statements. The policy come from the H/O and Cbn governor only.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike / More Photos Of BUA's Sugar Plantation And Refinery In Lafiagi (Videos, Pictures) / Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.