Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday (37276 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / Nigerians To Pay More For Alcohol, Cigarette As From Monday / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by ppogba: 9:22am On Feb 18, 2023
[quote author=henrydav post=121007306]I never heard about our super tailor husspupy tailor what is the situation report. Is he in the prison? Has he gone to USA to meet FBI? Has he been released? Or has he went underground? Please help a brother.[/quo0te]

The case has died naturally as it is the normal practice in Nigeria.

Step 1:
Take it off the media.
Step 2:
Create a frenzy with new issues and watch the populace lose track of the case.
Step3:
Tell the criminal to go low profile for a little while.

1 Like

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Mindcure: 9:23am On Feb 18, 2023
FarahAideed:

You people keep allowing Cunning Buhari to deceive y'all ...ask yourself what is vote buying? Its a total ruse in democracy and that's why the law allows only biological adults to vote ...Any adult is free to chose any fucking reason why he wants to vote for someone..If someone says the reason he wants to vote for Tinubu is because he will give him 5k it's non of our business and if you want to vote for Obi because you think he will fix the road to your village then it's also nobodys business afterall we must all vote fro a reason , the reason Agbados want to vote their candidate should be none of your business as long as the don't disenfranchise you in the process of doing so

You are empty-headed
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Ellasure: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2023
Nigerian governors, federal legislature, state legislatures should wake up from their slumber and save Nigerians from this Buhari created military situation in Nigerian Bank operations.

First the governors have the right to state c of o s from any bank refusing to dispense Naira notes, new or old notes as operations demands.

Buhari does not have the executive power to solely determine the type of currency to be used in Nigeria without the knowledge and endorsement of the Nigerian legislatures. We are in a democratic society. Buhari and his advisers in the CBN have erred.

It should be known to the Nigerian governors that various banking industry operations in their various states are under their purview. Any bank that will not comply with their wishes and provide benefitial services to their various states should pack up and go to the States where their services are needed.

The Nigerian constitution give authority to the state governments over landed issues with responsibilities to ensure safety, security and peaceful coexistence of the people living in the States.

Fyi, in the USA, bank operations are actually state governed and each bank have state licenses. Here federal licences still doesn't preclude state responsibilities. Let the governors take back their authorities from the Abuja lords for the sake of peace and prosperity of their states.

We will always have a Buhari type of mindset in the Nigerian presidency.

In the USA because of the autocratic people in NY and CA states people are moving out to Florida and Texas states where they live to find peace of mind and security provided by the state governments concern.

So each Governor need to work in this direction for the good of the Nigerian people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Aldol: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
banks to be shut nationwide are you sure you're okay? Do you know what that means, anarchy😔😔
It will only affect Tinubu na. We the masses will cope even if we don't have money or have you forget that this policy will stop Tinubu from vote buying. Let the banks close for a year we will survive ,only Tinubu will be affected
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by rummmy: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2023
FarahAideed:

Another low IQ clown with nothing to offer than miserable low level sentiments .if you don't have the range to understand what I have said then say so..

Buhari wakes up lies to low intelligent characters like you that some politicians have stashed money in houses to buy vote and this is his solution:

1.To shabily pull out 3 trillion naira if old notes out of the economy .
2. Fails to replace them with 3 trillion of the new notes but instead under prints only 300 billion naira of the new notes .

3 : triggers a needless cash scarcity which inturn triggers a cash stampede by helpless NIGERIANs looking for cash in an economy where 40 percent still remain unbanked .

4.. Lies to the stampeding Nigerian that he has released enough money to banks when he has not which in turn pitches the masses against innocent bankers and the masses start getting aggressive against banks and at same time start a bank run which starts to hurt the banking industry.

5.. does not give bank enough time to scale the capacity of the the National electronic transaction switches being run by NIBBs so suddenly overnight demand for E- transaction grow by over 100 folds and the NIBBs capacity can't handle it smoothly leaving the entire system overwhelmed

6. And he is doing all this just weeks to a major National election.

7 . On Monday Bank workers are starting to withdraw their services which will deal more blows to the already weakened economy failed church rats like you are already struggling to survive in but since your brain is small you believe it's okay to suffer as long as Tinubu suffers 😅.. but in reality both has really affected Tinubu
rubbish...Its APC VS APC.
is God not wonderful?
Every policy have it implementation..chalanges .
It will balance after the election..
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by rigarmortis: 9:27am On Feb 18, 2023
FarahAideed:
We told you Buhari will end up killing the banking industry..I pity those supporting this nonsense policy ..Bankers are withdrawing their services 5 days to election ..okay ooooo

You didn't protest strike, you didn't protest insecurity, you didn't protest fuel hike and queues na this one you wan protest.
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by real777(m): 9:28am On Feb 18, 2023
When I say most times that many Nigerians are very wicked and cowards, people argues. A wise man knows that attacking banks or internet facilities, burning tires on tarred roads and setting ablaze private businesses, police station, etc,,,,will further make you the ordinary masses to suffer and die of hunger. Nigerians that I know very well can't stay without food, sex, drugs, achohol for a day yet they have the guts to violent protest. During ENDSARS, the worst of criminals were released back into the society by the same foolish protesters back then.

I was watching live when hardened hoodlums were destroying banks facilities and POS stand and some locals were cheering them on but today those locals can't access their banks and they just realized their foolish act. Stop using this line an hungry man is an angry man.

For those of you typing let the war start from your homes, know today that if the real war start you will beg for death and wouldn't find it and to even see ordinary lizard to eat will be difficult while the politicians keeps enjoying & watch you all perish. Syria is an example for you. Nigerians are too disorganized for purposeful protest. Too many lazy, criminal, tribalized, religious and corrupt minded wicked citizens ready to sabotage it. Imagine a situation were yahoo boys now sponsor & mobilized protesters with their evil money just to cause violence. Why can't we take the protest to the offices and doors of the politicians to express our dissatisfaction?
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Sermwell(m): 9:28am On Feb 18, 2023
FarahAideed:

You people keep allowing Cunning Buhari to deceive y'all ...ask yourself what is vote buying? Its a total ruse in democracy and that's why the law allows only biological adults to vote ...Any adult is free to chose any fucking reason why he wants to vote for someone..If someone says the reason he wants to vote for Tinubu is because he will give him 5k it's non of our business and if you want to vote for Obi because you think he will fix the road to your village then it's also nobodys business afterall we must all vote fro a reason , the reason Agbados want to vote their candidate should be none of your business as long as the don't disenfranchise you in the process of doing so
Just look at what a supposed educated person is posting!! Jezzzz!!! Thank God I have never taken you seriously on this forum!
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Ellasure: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2023
Thermodynamics:

What are you saying?
Are you even in Nigeria?

The new money is not available, people deposited all their old cash and no new cash was given to them.

Some deposited the old cash and when they went to withdraw, the same old money was dispensed to them.

Make una de try understand wetin de go on before commenting.

Understanding has left some people since election season is around. They are now filled with envy and contestation spirit. Win at all costs demonic possession. Good reasoning are already thrown to the gutters.
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by BlazinGlory40: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2023
FarahAideed:
We told you Buhari will end up killing the banking industry..I pity those supporting this nonsense policy ..Bankers are withdrawing their services 5 days to election ..okay ooooo

Why were the so called protesters foolish to attack banks?
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Bennycollins: 9:34am On Feb 18, 2023
muykem:
This monetary policy is not meant for free and fair election as we were made to believe. Votes buying is lesser evil to election violent which is already cooked and done. I am not seeing any credible election under this circumstances.
The policy is not solely to tackle election fraud, it seeks to address sundry other issues.
You can refer to the president latest broadcast for more info. He put up very sound reasons for the first time and I think the policy should be supported.
The problem is that we corrupt everything in this country by converting to personal gains everything under the sun.
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Executive729: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2023
FarahAideed:

They don't want pressures from politicians asking them to provide for them money that is met for all, remember that Thief Guandollar threatening to burn down banks that refuses to give him all the money that is met for the people of Kano, also remember central bank of Nigerian had made a statements that they were no longer going to supply new money to banks in Kano before the open threats of Guandollar. No politicians worth you fighting for because they are arm robbers disguise as politicians, their trade is to loot loot and loot without mercy.
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Proudlyomonna: 9:39am On Feb 18, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

Anambra people suffered and wailed through out the 8 years of Obi tenure as governor, but now you want to impose him on Nigerians as president?

Lies big fat lies and propaganda against the man that God has already projected to deliver Nigeria from this APC calamity and unimaginable hardship pro max.
Obi's performance as Governor of Anambra of yesterday totally crushed that of tinubu of big Lagos State former State Capital of Nigeria.
He was too awesome that Jona could not even help but employ him whilst He was still an Apga card carrying member.
The more lies you spread the more people will get to know more about Obi and this is what they would stumble upon.
1. He ran the most secure state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years of accolades of the most secured state back-to-back for 5 years.
2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8 years
3. Educationally, He met Anambra in the 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st in 2014 when he was leaving.
4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollars for his achievement. Which he dropped into the state account rather than putting it in his private account.
5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect a pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.
6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman. He left without anything. He said he does not need them.
When he was chairman of fidelity bank, he was entitled to two brand-new cars annually. He told the board. I don’t need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.
You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.. so choose between moving forward and going backwards… If you can outline these facts for any other candidate, I will drop Obi today…
APC MUST GO FOR THEY ARE THE GREATEST DISASTER TO HIT THIS COUNTRY.
Obidiati is the way forward.

1 Like

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Guyman01: 9:42am On Feb 18, 2023
Aldol:

Why now,but this policy is only affecting Tinubu. Well even the shutting of banks will only affect Tinubu. So we move am happy with this development, let all the banks be shut nationwide
Calm down Prof Ishaq Urchintola, people are not attacking banks over here in the North
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by MadarasBlade(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

How will this curb vote buying?
Vote buying just became cheaper, people expecting 5k before will gladly accept 1k or 2k of the new currency.
You people will only wake up to the negative sides of this policy after the election.

Became cheaper because you can sell your conscience for N500, you can do that as well.

Well, as the president has said, no going back.
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Patriotsleague: 9:44am On Feb 18, 2023
Banks should fill the ATM machines and security operatives should be beefed up, they should be limitations on ATM withdrawal to once a day for a name/identity, this will help make the money spread round. Some people have five or ten ATM card, and they can use this to take all the money in the ATM, but if the technology identifies the person, so they can have access to ATM cash once a day, it will help the money go round. Those carrying out large transactions have no reason not to use transfer.
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Diligence: 9:45am On Feb 18, 2023
APC, Tinubu, his media outlets (radio (mainland radio) & tv (TVC)) HV BN spewing inciting narratives for over a month now.

They influenced people to go against the monetary policies. They even always told people there must be extension while they HV long sorted themselves out since.

Now the poor, gullible, innocent masses are bearing the brunt.

Take Back Your Country
ItIsNowOrNever
VoteAPCOut
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Aldol: 9:45am On Feb 18, 2023
Guyman01:

Calm down Prof Ishaq Urchintola, people are not attacking banks over here in the North
U don chop this morning so? If you never chop sef na Tinubu cause am. As it stands, Tinubu is controlling your entire life. Tinubu is truly the Jagaban of Africa

1 Like

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by femtex007(m): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2023
[quote author=Savedday2 post=121003283]Nigerians are very stubborn set of people!

You were given 3months notice to deposit your old note but, refused believing there most be extension of deadline.

If Buhari like, let him extend the deadline to the next 10years, some people will still wait for die minute.

Is only dull brains that doesn't know that El-rufai is fighting for his personal pocket.[/quote
What are you saying Did they make the new notes available?
My problem is that the new notes is scarce.
Now u will work and make money but u cannot spent it
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by oluwaseyi0: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2023
Savedday2:
Nigerians are very stubborn set of people!

You were given 3months notice to deposit your old note but, refused believing there most be extension of deadline.

If Buhari like, let him extend the deadline to the next 10years, some people will still wait for die minute.

Is only dull brains that doesn't know that El-rufai is fighting for his personal pocket.

The banks keep giving out the old note up till last month ending
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Curious345: 9:48am On Feb 18, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I am sure you must be joking otherwise this idea is completely senseless
how?
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Curious345: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2023
Ellasure:

I don't know if the Nigerian army like other armies of the world are filled with your father's children to fill up the Nigerian banks and provide money.

Lots of educated illiterate in the Nigerian landscape. You are surely one of them.
do you really need this money? Because if you do you should be happy ..

Abii you be urchin ?
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by lrman(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2023
jjxxx:

Only APC supporters are not happy with this policy. This is the best buhari has ever offered to Nigeria. No room for vote buying in this 2023.

Some of you just like to talk like a miserable fool...I am not even an APC supporter and I do not support this nonsense policy that is affecting the masses...you people should stop politicising everything....rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by FarahAideed: 9:51am On Feb 18, 2023
Sermwell:

Just look at what a supposed educated person is posting!! Jezzzz!!! Thank God I have never taken you seriously on this forum!

Baba you don't have the brain grade to process my depth of reasoning so rest ..I never hardly make a wrong call , if you go through my most on Buhari over the years you won't see any I was wrong about his actions ...Again I tell you vote buying is a ruse and figment of low IQ thinking , every vote will be win for a reason and as long as that reason doesn't disenfranchise you there is no single wrong there

1 Like

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by victooman: 9:51am On Feb 18, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Who's this cockroach?
I won't blame you, but will blame social media instead.

You're even using USSD for payment, and may probably even be a student! That shows i shouldn't be arguing with you here over anything.
u no get sense o,, is everyone using opay and kuda? how many people even have bank account what is the success rate of transfer or deposit since the inception of this policy,,,do u even own a business of ur own or u are one useless salary earner capping rubbish,, have u even travel out of the city , when was the last time u visited ur village or rural communities? do u think Nigeria starts and end in Abuja or lagos ,which kind mumu u be l self? u are trying to sound intelligent but u honestly dont have sense l swear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by Nolevel666: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2023
highchief1:
lol wetin election wan take hold.will ppl trek to the units to votes?nigeria is funny sha

Even if na 100 people vote for the whole nigeria

So long it counts!
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by FarahAideed: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2023
Mindcure:

You are empty-headed
No actually so smart you can't process my better level of reasoning..Again I say there is nothing like vote buying
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by henrydav: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2023
[quote author=ppogba post=121007716][/quote]
Thanks
Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by kay29000(m): 10:00am On Feb 18, 2023
Savedday2:
Nigerians are very stubborn set of people!

Is only dull brains that doesn't know that El-rufai is fighting for his personal pocket.

What nonsense are typing. For three months, new naira note wasn't given at banks... You pay in old naira, they give you old naira back... Even a week to the deadline, banks were still paying out old naira. How dare you blame the populace for the incompetence of the CBN and the commercial banks

2 Likes

Re: Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday by loswhite(m): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2023
incandescentena:
The banks have not being opening since weeks ago. The ATM are shut down.
Why are we like this? sad
Ppl are burning the ATM so they need to shut it down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / YIEDP, Who Else Got Message From Heritage Bank, Let's Meet Here. / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.