Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide (11637 Views)

Man Attempts To Molest Pregnant Woman In Broad Daylight(photo) / Edo Cult War: Members Bury Slain Victim (photos) / Man Stabs Girlfriend To Death, Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by juman(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
edicolove:

^^^Dud this is a husband and wife situation. Husbands don't just wake up and kill their wives. While I will not defend the guy, we must keep our fingers crossed and not pass judgement yet. I have heard some info from family sources that suggest a lot more than the stories you are hearing. Even from the girls family. And it doesn't necessarily vindicate the guy but does give a more detailed insight into the issues. This might just be a case of a fight turned sour from an husband who has been living in hell. Remember the Nigerian ambassador to Kenya case? Now that does not justify any killing but you must not conclude that the guy is just a bare faced killer which some seem to portray.

God knows. Some women are notoriously bad. If the husband not careful will end up a murderer.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by switchmax8: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2011
nonsense ! ! another calculated attempt to make him free from prosecution.where did he get the acidic substance from?
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by splitnaija(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2011
I find it difficult to kill a fowl (even during xmas), how come someone is comfortably able to hack down a fellow human? Pls b/4 the attacks, I'm not passing judgement here, just thinking generally.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by emmatok(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2011
edicolove:

^^^Dud this is a husband and wife situation. Husbands don't just wake up and kill their wives. While I will not defend the guy, we must keep our fingers crossed and not pass judgement yet. I have heard some info from family sources that suggest a lot more than the stories you are hearing. Even from the girls family. And it doesn't necessarily vindicate the guy but does give a more detailed insight into the issues. This might just be a case of a fight turned sour from an husband who has been living in hell. Remember the Nigerian ambassador to Kenya case? Now that does not justify any killing but you must not conclude that the guy is just a bare faced killer which some seem to portray.

From the info i got,

The guy(Akolade) wanted to pull out of the marriage(getting divorce).

But the lady insist the marriage must work, because she came from a christian family and cannot raise her child in a broken family.

Then all hell was let loose, they stated fighting everyday thinking things will be fine in the future.

But it became worse.

The guy(Akolade) a former Campus Pastor turn into a Monster.

The lesson for those Christians and Muslims who always bring their religious believe into Marriage saying "Till death do us part"

Marriage is not do or die.

Marriage is not compulsory.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by splitnaija(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2011
emmatok:

The lesson for those Christians and Muslims who always bring their religious believe into Marriage saying "Till death do us part"

Marriage is not do or die.

Marriage is not compulsory.

Waooo! What a revelation!!! So she was killed for trying to make their marriage work ??
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by pereze: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2011
If it is still the same acid that reacts with base to form salt and water, then I need more explanations please!
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by doctokwus: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2011
emmatok:

From the info i got,

The guy(Akolade) wanted to pull out of the marriage(getting divorce).

But the lady insist the marriage must work, because she came from a christian family and cannot raise her child in a broken family.

Interesting but dt still dosnt excuse wat he did and i hpe u are not insinuating such.If evryman or woman shd tke up a weapon for d challenges in dere marriage,i bet u d mortuaries wi b overflowing wt corpses
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by emmatok(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2011
splitnaija:

Waooo! What a revelation!!! So she was hacked to death for trying to make her marriage work ??

If it is not working, then let go!!!

Most women suffer in marriage because of their religious and societal believes about divorce.

You hear them saying divorce is bad bla bla bla.

Divorce is good when you life is in danger!!!
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by emmatok(m): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
doctokwus:

Interesting but dt still dosnt excuse wat he did and i hpe u are not insinuating such.If evryman or woman shd tke up a weapon for d challenges in dere marriage,i bet u d mortuaries wi b overflowing wt corpses

The guy is a monster no doubt.

But the lady should have moved on long ago.

But she wasn't telling to any body about her suffering, not even her office colleague.

She was just enduring hoping things will be better.

She is an Independence lady

The guy is not even working

She even feeds and shelters the guy?
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by klear(f): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2011
So he wants 2 die b/4 appearing in front of a judge? Why ruin it for d family of d girl? God don catch am, he will pray for death bt it will b far away from him. angry
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Divab(f): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2011
Only acidic substance attempted suicide? abi he didnt see rat poison which is the cheapest and easiest way to go, u took a life u cant give in a moment of madness yet u cant take urs, what a pity! there's no excuse for evil or anger
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Koolking(m): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2011
In as much as I condemn domestic violence in all ramifications, I have learnt not to jump to conclusion on this case. I have also learnt not to be misled by the media. the hype by the media is disheartening. I believe in my hard earned fact before I draw conclusions.

Last week the same press reported the police diffusing a bomb in Lagos, but later it was reported that the police claimed it was not a bomb. I asked myself, what did the Police diffused in the first place?. It was such a misleading and moronic reports.

It is naively to draw conclusion so soon when we don't know what actually happened. Remember, it was not a street brawl but husband and wife issue. They had lived together with a kid for substantive years. Personally, I am ignorant of what either of them faced each day of their existence. There is more to this story than what the media reports, afterall the press gathered their story in piecemeal from purported eyewitnesses, unfortunately, these eyewitnesses were not with them. I would not want to say the husband was an albatross to the wife and vice-versa. It might be a case of BAD meeting EVIL.

Whatever, being the case, I am awaiting the end, which justifies the mean. I pray it is free of shady deals typically of our system.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by velo10: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2011
Koolking:

In as much as I condemn domestic violence in all ramifications, I have learnt not to jump to conclusion on this case. I have also learnt not to be misled by the media. the hype by the media is disheartening. I believe in my hard earned fact before I draw conclusions.

Last week the same press reported the police diffusing a bomb in Lagos, but later it was reported that the police claimed it was not a bomb. I asked myself, what did the Police diffused in the first place?. It was such a misleading and moronic reports.

It is naively to draw conclusion so soon when we don't know what actually happened. Remember, it was not a street brawl but husband and wife issue. They had lived together with a kid for substantive years. Personally, I am ignorant of what either of them faced each day of their existence. There is more to this story than what the media reports, afterall the press gathered their story in piecemeal from purported eyewitnesses, unfortunately, these eyewitnesses were not with them. I would not want to say the husband was an albatross to the wife and vice-versa. It might be a case of BAD meeting EVIL.

Whatever, being the case, I am awaiting the end, which justifies the mean. I pray it is free of shady deals typically of our system.

Very wise opinion
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Koolking(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2011
splitnaija:

I find it difficult to kill a fowl (even during xmas), how come someone is comfortably able to hack down a fellow human? Pls b/4 the attacks, I'm not passing judgement here, just thinking generally.

Guy, I bet you will do it in self-defense. Your adrenaline will automatically be incited in order to stay alive. Solemnly pray against life-and-death confrontations and provocations bro.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by dayokanu(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
I laff at Naija jail where someone can get access to acid
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by dagboss(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ Velo10

[b]

Nigerian Press is packed full of armchair reporters they listen to wouldbe eye witnesses without doublechecking their stories before rushing to file their news story. Believe  a Naija newspaper story intoto then you will believe anything and you may end up being totally misled Q[/b]ED.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by nnaboo(f): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
A really sad story
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by velo10: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
dagboss:

@ Velo10

[b]

Nigerian Press is packed full of armchair reporters they listen to wouldbe eye witnesses without doublechecking their stories before rushing to file their news story. Believe  a Naija newspaper story intoto then you will believe anything and you may end up being totally misled Q[/b]ED.

It's not only the Nigerian Media. It's the media in general, check out the issue of Strauss-kahn, the ex-IMF boss whom almost every mediahouse was labelling a pervert untill proven innocent.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by nnaboo(f): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
In case you have forgotten how she died guys, Kolade hacked her to death, he didnt just stabbed and stabbed, he chopped her to pieces. there's no excuse for that.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Rhea(f): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2011
[size=14pt]The next thing you know, the man will vanish like "warri winch" from within the walls of Kirikiri into thin air. Trust Nigerian Police.[/size]
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by tEsLim(m): 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2011
If you been to a Nigerian cell/jail they buy food from outside. So he can actually ask someone to come with water for him which would actually be acid. The state food rarely comes lol thats why you see people outta jail in naija looking super pale+white.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Sacarstic: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2011
"A stitch in time they say saves, I will leave u to conclude." I really think that if this couple had known what awaits their fighting and bickering at home they would have walked out of the relationship and move on, Until we begin to value our lives and understand the simple fact that we are responsible for our lives we will continue to experience many more unreasonable death, Akolade or what name did your father gave to you, i know you cannot read this post because u lost the privilege of using the internet after the death your wife but i keep wondering when you will become a man to face your fears/challenges. If the news is true please do not take your life, just do the time and who knows fate my smile on you which i doubt. I hope people will learn from your predicament.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Thirst4Lif: 4:14am On Sep 13, 2011

You say we don't know the whole story, which is true. But I'm wondering what part of the 'whole story' would

justify his murdering and dismembering his wife, the mother of his child? Do you think there's a portion of the

'whole story' that will make us say, "Aha, well I can certainly understand him taking her life!! I would have done

the same thing myself!"  You're either quite the jokester or you're a member of this lunatics family. And if things

were so unbearable, why didn't he leave?? Because of his stupidy his wife is now dead and he's in prison attempting

to end his own life.
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by ucheo: 7:29am On Sep 13, 2011
@ edicolove. D fact is tht u dont know her frm Adam going frm ur post. I have stayed close 2 her in a class. D truth of d matter is tht shes an angel, always quiet, 24 hrs smilling. Always in d calm side, loved by d whole class. Issues of marriage u also need to follow ur head nt heart all d time. Forget kenya issues. Pls as a mark of respect lets pray 4 her soul, let God take control cos she doesnt deserve all this
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by obowunmi(m): 8:00am On Sep 13, 2011
How is gbooza.com a credible news source ?!
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by Neddyogu(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2011
but why would the fella attempt suicide if he didn't do the crime? i still dey wonder ooooooo
Re: Slain Banker's (titilayo) Husband Attempts Suicide by bossinie: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2011
emmatok:

The guy is a monster no doubt.

But the lady should have moved on long ago.

But she wasn't telling to any body about her suffering, not even her office colleague.

She was just enduring hoping things will be better.

She is an Independence lady

The guy is not even working

She even feeds and shelters the guy?

From all the info you have made available you are sounding like an interested party in this issue despite trying too hard to make us believe your position is neutral.How come a jobless husband who is under the financial care of his wife will wake-up and decide to call it quits when he is living under her roof and all How come he is willing to give it all up without caring how he will survive U know for me,the reverse should be the case and not what your explanations suggest except you have more revelations into the husbands excesses in extra-marital affairs then you might want to fill us in on that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 / 10 Robbery And Drug Suspects Arrested In Borno / Ijede: Burglars Are On Rampage In Ikorodu Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.