Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets (17870 Views)

Peter Obi: Why Labour Party Was Denied Use Of Stadium In Edo – Obaseki / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? / Peter Obi: Why Tinubu's Social Media Defenders Have Disappeared?- Farook Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by leethebee: 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi, has explained why he visits markets for campaigns.

Obi, who embarked on an open tour of markets within the Trade Fair Complex in Lagos on Saturday, said he is attracted to markets because they are centres of production, manufacturing and distribution, as well as the hub of small and medium scale enterprises upon which the Nigerian economy rests.

A major plank of Obi’s campaign rests on production. He has repeatedly said that he will move Nigeria’s economy from consumption to production.

The LP candidate said that the quickest way to realize this plan of action is to “make our markets the epicenter of economic activities”.

Obi, who likes to describe himself as a trader, said he connects well with the business community because he is one of them.

A major highlight of Obi’s interaction with the business community in Lagos was his announcement that women and youths will occupy 50 percent of appointive positions in his administration if he is elected as president.

While addressing crowds of elated and excited traders in the markets within and around the Trade Fair Complex, Obi told them how important women and youths are in the development and growth of economies around the world.

Obi said he has followed the contributions of women in developed countries and was convinced that Nigeria will reap bountifully if it gives women and youths the opportunity to thrive and excel.

He gave the example of Bangladesh whose export trade, especially in clothing, boasts of women occupying 50 percent of the workforce.

Obi said he will replicate these models of production and manufacturing in Nigeria, as one of the ways of growing the country’s economy.

To realize this noble objective, Obi said his administration will pursue an affirmative action or enact a law that will make it mandatory for women to occupy important positions in key sectors of the economy.

Obi also met with the diplomatic community in Lagos such as the United States, Britain, Germany and Finland, whose ambassadors or High Commissioners to Nigeria are all women.

The LP candidate said Nigeria, under his watch, will borrow a leaf from these countries that have prioritized the education and appointment of women into important and productive positions.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/why-i-campaign-in-markets-peter-obi/amp/

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2023
He has been spending too much on venues without people showing up!

Akagum is saving cost

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Neckpresser101: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Akagum is saving cost

Your druggie will go broke with nothing to show for Obi will have at least 45% In Lagos that I'm sure of

395 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Obojuju: 4:54am On Feb 19, 2023
ANY ATTEMPT TO VOTE PDAPC BACK TO POWER IN 2023 IS A VOTE FOR:

1. Another 8 years of Buhari govt and suffer for Nigerians

2. Nigeria as World Poverty Capital.

3. 22 million out of school children especially in the north.

4. 53.40% youth unemployment…you wont even see money to japa

5. ASUU Strike and student staying at home for months

6. Twitter ban, gagging of press and no freedom of speech

7. More dollars to cater away for Ganduje, El-Rufai &sons, Keyamo, FFK

8. Silly and unintelligent boarder closure.

9. Naira at N750/$ and heading to N2k/$.

10. Oil theft at the highest level since discover with Government agencies pointing fingas at each other.

11. Unprecedented borrowing. Highest in the history of Nigeria.

22. Fraudulent subsidy payments, breaking any previous records.

23. Billions spent on unproductive refineries yearly.

24. Unprecedented corruption and stealing using Alpa-Beta

25. Lack of transparency in governance.

26. N20 trillion Ways & Means or CBN’s reckless printing of money.

27. Lowest FDI in recent years.

28. Terrorism, mass abductions, kidnapping & UGM.

29. Terrible roads, with FERMA dead.

30. Poor power generation, with highest number of national grid collapse in recent years.

31. Lies and propaganda raised to the level of policy of state.

32. Conniving and toothless National Assembly.

33. Compromised Judiciary and harassment of Judges

34. Budget padding

35. Sick President with Parkinson disease.

36. Sick man suffering from Dementia

37. Bullion van moving Nigerian’s money to private homes while the masses suffer.

38. New set of Cabal again chaired by thieves like El-Rufai, FFK, etc

Vote wisely and Vote Peter Obi as the next President of Nigeria on Saturday 25th of February, 2023.

192 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by RichDad1(m): 4:54am On Feb 19, 2023
It’s market to maker economics. 😂😂

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by bluefilm: 4:54am On Feb 19, 2023
Too much sense.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by datopaper(m): 4:55am On Feb 19, 2023
Easier said than done. If truly they can do it it is good development. I wish Obi well

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by castrokins(m): 4:56am On Feb 19, 2023
On Obi's Mandate I Stand!

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Tflex01: 4:56am On Feb 19, 2023
The basic reason for jealousy of Igbos against Yorubas is Lagos state. They wish to have a state like Lagos and they are deeply bitter about its progress.

My message to them... You will only labour in vain. The current generation of Yorubas won't handover the politics of Lagos to you ingrates. Although I understand that few bast.ards are now being born among Yorubas that are carried away by social media "Messiah" hype of the Igbos but you will all fail.

You can try in the next generation. grin

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by wwwkaycom(m): 4:56am On Feb 19, 2023
You will lule next saturday.
By the time the real deal is been done, you will then know that you are alone in your landlocked enclave in Anambra State.

*WHO WINS THE 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION*

The Nation Newspaper on Sunday predicted the front line candidates to win in the following states. You can read the full analyses through the link provided. I don't agree with The Nation 100% though but there's no need for arguments, just wait till February 25.

*ATIKU*

Adamawa
Taraba
Delta
Akwa-Ibom
Bayelsa

*OBI*

Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi
Anambra

*ASIWAJU*

Kaduna
Gombe
Borno
Niger
Nasarawa
Katsina
Yobe
Kano
Jigawa
Zamfara
Kebbi
Kogi
Kwara
Ogun
Oyo
Osun
Ekiti
Ondo
Lagos
Rivers

*BATTLEFIELD (SWING STATES)*
Plateau
Bauchi
Benue
Sokoto
FCT
Edo
Cross River
Imo.

https://thenationonlineng.net/who-wins-2023-presidential-election/

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Tflex01: 4:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Your druggie will go broke with nothing to show for Obi will have at least 45% In Lagos that I'm sure of

Lmaooo

So you think all your packaging about failure Obi will make Yorubas handover Lagos to you on a platter?

Igbos are the only group in the world that will sell fake products to you at the price of original just like the way you are packaging a fraud that failed woefully as Anambra governor and some m.umu from other tribes are falling for the sc.am lol

But the good thing is you are just reducing Atiku's vote and that's fine by me. Tinubu's support base remain intact.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by derecho(m): 4:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Obi is blessed with Divine Wisdom.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Tflex01: 4:57am On Feb 19, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Akagum is saving cost

I tell you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by coconutbag: 4:58am On Feb 19, 2023
Obi will be the next president of Nigeria this 2023.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by FreeStuffsNG: 5:00am On Feb 19, 2023
derecho:
Obi is blessed with Divine Wisdom.

Lamba2023. Loriro

We both know it is a lie that that is a mini crowd of traders in an open market. Haba! What kind of lamba is that?

In that mini market crowd are buyers who got trapped in the improptu market campaign even though they are not voting for Mr Obi or supporting him/lp.

They are victims of the dictatorship imposed on them by lp supporters acting uncivilised by not giving them advance notice that they will be trapped in that market so they can visit another market to buy their needs.

This is why LASG and other states need to sanction the market leaders for the huge discomfort they cause the other users of the market.

This act of impunity is a cunny attempt by lp to cheat, shift from their infamous white canopies they use to cover large empty spaces at their poorly attended campaigns to now forcing innocent people trapped in markets to generate s false optics as if their campaign is real. It is a fraudulent way to decieve the less discerning just like their fraudulent pre election online 'poll'.

When lp fixed campaign in tbs, it was a colossal flop!

Compare that to the cashless Asiwaju's campaign yesterday inside El Kanemi stadium.MASSIVE AND EARTH-SHAKING!
check my signature for free stuffs!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Johnthesuccess: 5:03am On Feb 19, 2023
leethebee:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/why-i-campaign-in-markets-peter-obi/amp/

Lori iro. Igbo people dominated market. What oyingbo,ketu,mile 12,sabo, idumota and others. Obi liar.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by 3nity7: 5:06am On Feb 19, 2023
wwwkaycom:
You will lule next saturday.
By the time the real deal is been done, you will then know that you are alone in your landlocked enclave in Anambra State.
you are spilling trash. The streets are Obident, the towns, the cities, the states, the country, everyone, even the international community.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by sukkot: 5:09am On Feb 19, 2023
Nwokem nothing do you just try to stay away from markets in the east so that mazi Simon granuts does not decapitate ya head

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by BluntCrazeMan: 5:09am On Feb 19, 2023
We hear
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Amatrillion: 5:10am On Feb 19, 2023
castrokins:
On Obi's Mandate I Stand!

Mandate different from balablu bulaba. This is the original mandate.

VOTE FOR LABOUR.

VOTE FOR PETER OBI & YUSUF DATTI BABA-AHMED.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Ournolly: 5:10am On Feb 19, 2023
Anyone noticed how the effort to turn Obi's campaign to tribal by APC online miscreants has been ignored?

I am glad our younger ones are now wiser. APC has thought us lessons of our lifetime.
See what APC political looters has turn Nigeria to and are regrouping for the continuation of their looting.

On 25th Febrauray, we Nigerians will put PDAPS (from top to bottom) to where they rightly belongs - trash bin.

Chicago drug peddler will only be the president in his dreams!

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Tflex01:
The basic jealousy of Igbos against Yorubas is Lagos state. They wish to have a state like Lagos and they are deeply bitter about its progress.

My message to them... You will only labour in vain. The current generation of Yorubas won't handover the politics of Lagos to you ingrates. Although I understand that few bast.ards are now being born among Yorubas that are carried away by social media "Messiah" hype of the Igbos but you will all fail.

Your bigotry is on another level. What a country filled with bigots, how can we grow with these sets of people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by jibrilELsudan: 5:14am On Feb 19, 2023
THIS PITOBI IS AN ASHAWO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:15am On Feb 19, 2023
Johnthesuccess:

Lori iro. Igbo people dominated market. What oyingbo,ketu,mile 12,sabo, idumota and others. Obi liar.

Why don't you tell your candidate where to go and leave other candidates alone.

Why take Pain killers on the pains of others? If you lots don't campaign on bigotry can't your candidate win?

Spread the hate, we will still vote the one with most character and competence and amongst the front runners.

Vote wisely

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Obojuju: 5:16am On Feb 19, 2023
Peter is will defeat Tinubu the druggie. Here is a new Nigeria with Peter Obi

FreeStuffsNG:

Lamba2023. Loriro

We both know it is a lie that that is a mini crowd of traders in an open market. Haba! What kind of lamba is that?

In that mini market crowd are buyers who got trapped in the improptu market campaign even though they are not voting for Mr Obi or supporting him/lp.

They are victims of the dictatorship imposed on them by lp supporters acting uncivilised by not giving them advance notice that they will be trapped in that market so they can visit another market to buy their needs.

This is why LASG and other states need to sanction the market leaders for the huge discomfort they cause the other users of the market.

This act of impunity is a cunny attempt by lp to cheat, shift from their infamous white canopies they use to cover large empty spaces at their poorly attended campaigns to now forcing innocent people trapped in markets to generate s false optics as if their campaign is real. It is a fraudulent way to decieve the less discerning just like their fraudulent pre election online 'poll'.

When lp fixed campaign in tbs, it was a colossal flop!

Compare that to the cashless Asiwaju's campaign yesterday inside El Kanemi stadium.MASSIVE AND EARTH-SHAKING!
check my signature for free stuffs!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Tflex01: 5:19am On Feb 19, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Your bigotry is on another level. What a country filled with bigots, how can we grow with these sets of people.

You know it's the truth. An average Igbo man is more fixated on Lagos than SE.

That is why all your governors can afford to fail woefully but you will still praise them but Tinubu and other SW leaders who are obviously doing better are your problem.

For example, Obi supervised the massacre of many Anambra youths as governor and dump their bodies in Akwuzu river, that is not a problem to you lots... But Tinubu, a private citizen, who was neither the governor nor president (C-I-C) should be convicted for Lekki shootings during Endsars lol

And you expect all Yorubas to fall for all these blackmail and desperation of the Igbos to bring Tinubu and Lagos down? You all are joking!

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by fatherjesse(m): 5:21am On Feb 19, 2023
Obi for the presidency by the grace of God, only a bigot Yoruba and one who has lost sense of reasoning will vote Thiefnibu because he is Yoruba, I refuse to be one of such. I am Yoruba through and through and my vote is for Obi our next president by God's grace

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by rummmy: 5:21am On Feb 19, 2023
Tflex01:
The basic jealousy of Igbos against Yorubas is Lagos state. They wish to have a state like Lagos and they are deeply bitter about its progress.

Oga Lagos is a no man's land..
It belong to all Nigerians..tinubu from osun was once a governor..ask your father where jakande,marcauly etc hail from..there is no indigenous lagosians...
Ask Benin people they will explain to you better..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Tflex01: 5:23am On Feb 19, 2023
rummmy:
Oga Lagos is a no man's land..
It belong to all Nigerians..tinubu from osun was once a governor..ask your father where jakande,marcauly etc hail from..there is no indigenous lagosians...
Ask Benin people they will explain to you better..

Lmaaooo

The next generation of Yorubas can make it a "no man's land" but not this generation. YORUBAS OWN LAGOS.

So because the Binis were allowed to pitch their camp around a tiny area on Lagos Island at a particular time means they know Lagos history more than me? grin

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by Tflex01: 5:28am On Feb 19, 2023
Lol 99.9% of "I am Yoruba and I am voting Obi" are former PDP supporters in Southwest that don't know how to market Atiku. cool

Tinubu's support base remain intact.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets by DSC7: 5:31am On Feb 19, 2023
ObiDatti issa goaal!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Ready To Make Peace With APC - Uche Nwosu / Dele Momodu Reacts To AIT Shut Down: "May God Appease The Gods" / Fayemi Accused Of Pampering Fulani Herdsmen Over His 2023 ‘presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.