Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. (830 Views)

I Created A Simple Budget App, Rate It Out Of 10. / I Just Created My First Android App. Pls Kindly Review It For Me / I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by Brogrammer(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2023
The shiny new things happening in the software world is creating usable product using AI. I jumped on the trend and created my first ever AI side projects. I named it "PaletteAI 🎨" and the link is right here https://paletteai[dot]vercel[dot]app

So palette AI is powered by openAI(the AI behind chatgpt) and it's a tool that generate not just palette but a color design system that provide harmonious balanced look for your design... To generate yours, input a valid color (color name or Hex code preferably) and click on generate palette. This process will probably take few seconds for the AI to generate your palette. Try it here https://paletteai[dot]vercel [dot]app

I built it in two weekends 😄 using NextJs(frontend & backend) and Vercel edge function. I will open source the codebase after doing some refactoring.

Y'all feedback and criticism is needed. Also feel free to ask me any questions regarding this project too

What do y'all think??

3 Likes

Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by truthCoder: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
Brogrammer:
The shiny new things happening in the software world is creating usable product using AI. I jumped on the trend and created my first ever AI side projects. I named it "PaletteAI 🎨" and the link is right here https://paletteai[dot]vercel[dot]app

So palette AI is powered by openAI(the AI behind chatgpt) and it's a tool that generate not just palette but a color design system that provide harmonious balanced look for your design... To generate yours, input a valid color (color name or Hex code preferably) and click on generate palette. This process will probably take few seconds for the AI to generate your palette. Try it here https://paletteai[dot]vercel [dot]app

I built it in two weekends 😄 using NextJs(frontend & backend) and Vercel edge function. I will open source the codebase after doing some refactoring.

Y'all feedback and criticism is needed. Also feel free to ask me any questions regarding this project too

What do y'all think??

Nice.

Good job.

Would suggest using Redis to cache prior searches so you dont need to fetch for every single request, hence reducing load times.

1 Like

Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by Brogrammer(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2023
truthCoder:

Nice.

Good job.

Would suggest using Redis to cache prior searches so you dont need to fetch for every single request, hence reducing load times.

Thanks for your input.. I will implement that one of these weekends. Will notify you about it
Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by Brogrammer(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
Next feature I'll be adding to my little AI is - ability for users to copy all colors in a palette at once.
Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by niel63(m): 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
I just checked on my phone. Why do you have 2 loading spinners? The one on the button and the one on the page before the pallet loads.

You can simply leave your button in an inactive state until you settle every body wey follow for the flow.

What did you use for styling?
Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by IotEngineer: 6:18am On Feb 22, 2023
It is good you are thinking ahead by creating an AI App.

1 Like

Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by Brogrammer(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2023
niel63:
I just checked on my phone. Why do you have 2 loading spinners? The one on the button and the one on the page before the pallet loads.

You can simply leave your button in an inactive state until you settle every body wey follow for the flow.

What did you use for styling?

So I took the spinner on the button out and replaced it with a 'please wait...' text

I used Tailwindcss for the styling
Re: I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. by Brogrammer(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2023
These are some of the things I got done on PaletteAI in my spare time:

✅ Changed the header from the top one to the bottom one
✅ Added a button that copies all colors in a palette

Next up:

âš¡ Cache API responses to reduce load time
âš¡ History list of generated palettes

paletteai. vercel. app

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Php Script / Browse: / Writing A Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.