Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? (13048 Views)

How To Learn Your First Programming Language / How Did You Learn Javascript? / Why Shouldn't You Learn Python? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 25, 2023
Offpoint1:

Alright, I'll respond whenever I go online.
OK. Thanks sir
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by aswani(m): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2023
Basic*
Fortran*
COBOL*
ADA
Borland C++
C
SQL
Visual C++
Visual Basic
.Net core
Angular
React

*using punch cards
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by ArcFresky(m): 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
solamakinde1:
Python for 3years now
bro con teach me python naa
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
bassdow:

You're funny for not including the only language over 70% people who call themselves all sorts of names e.g DevOp, etc know.
This is still the Op. Abeg no vex but PHP na story for another day 😁.

I still love php though....I no wan people start argument and start giving experience of how people got into Amazon and Google just Knowing how to code PHP in 2 weeks😁😆😏.
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
seanwilliam:
Na everything I sabi

Csq6
Guliam m2
Fukui
JavaScript
Cloudsware
Python
Sebe
And zoro

Wisdom wan kill you 😁
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2023
[quote author=anayolity post=121161966]

My colleague cheesy cheesy cheesy once i open laptop begin learn css like this my eyes go dey hot my mouth go dry grin grin wink cheesy[/quote
Abeg I no wan laugh kill myself.... programming na ur mate. I love hearing this humourous experiences.
When I first open a book on JAVA programming, all I just de see na Hebrew & Greek language. Those days anytime I open that book, water go just de comot from my eyes...I no fit kill myself to crack my Brain to learn Java abeg 🧐🙄.

But today is another story. The lesson. Don't give up!
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2023
akpascomartino:

Which one be "Idris" again? The matter tire me oo. But all I can say about this is application of what we have learnt. Grip even if is 3 then apply them. Build apps with them. For me na only 4 or 5 I know ooo: HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, PHP,MSQL,SQL
Though an intermediate in all. Check my projects here: https://ketuojorle.github.io/martinsprofile/

This your comment is too funny. "Which one be Idris again.."😁🤣🤣🤣
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2023
workchopNG:

The Solar System

I no want laugh kill myself... you're just too funny 🤣🤣🤣😁

1 Like

Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
Silentgroper:
op pascal didnt feature in ur list, why?
I guess you study Computer science in a Nigerian university. You see that language, avoid it like covid. Am still shocked Nigeria universities are still teaching it.

If you have leant it before, good for it. If you haven't, don't even think of going to learn it.

Most foreign universities in those days were teaching C & C++, our people here were killing students with Pascal & Cobol. Now students don't have portfolio projects to show they understood anything in school.
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
Baba I never see u since then, I even send u DM sef u no reply

Please no vex, I've been so busy building 3 AI products for a company in the US.

So how far, what's popping?
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
Prudoh:
I want to learn full stack developing... Does it make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. Start with learning HTML, CSS& JS. After then you can proceed with Nodejs, express, MongoDB and Amazon web services

1 Like

Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by workchopNG: 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2023
cyberkitty:

I no want laugh kill myself... you're just too funny 🤣🤣🤣😁

No mind dat guy 😂😂😂
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
FavouredBiano:

What are the programming languages that a beginner should start from, who wants to be an app developer, and probably other languages to add?

It depends on your career path. If you want to go into Web development, start with JavaScript and then Nodejs later (a JS framework)...it has more job prospects.

If you want to go into AI or data science, leave Python and then Django.

For all development, learn Kotlin for native app development or ReactNative to build both Android & IOS apps ( here you will need to know JAVASCRIPT).

The last option is to learn dart language for FLUTTER, which will enable you also build Android & iOs app from one code.
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by cyberkitty: 12:05am On Feb 27, 2023
Bloomsbury:
in what order did you learn your languages?

1. python
2. R
3. haskell
4. C
5. rust
6. scheme
7. {java,type}script
8. clojure
9. scala
10. java
11. idris
12. go

Hey devs in the house, this is still your op, Bloomsbury AKA Cyberkitty.

I will be launching a free Coding fellowship for software engineers soon where I introduce them to companies, mentor and invite top devs to tutor for free.

We will also be running a free bootcamp for people who wants to learn how to build Ai products without learning advance Coding...if you know HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT. You're welcome.

Please follow me on Twitter to stay updated.

My Twitter username is : DennisGPT3
Name: DENNIS ABARI

see you all in Twitter 😎💪❤️
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by OlawaleBammie: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2023
cyberkitty:

Please no vex, I've been so busy building 3 AI products for a company in the US.

So how far, what's popping?

Yea....u said u were going to share me a link to an internship in UK, that is what we discussed last using while using Ur alternate moniker sir
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by Prudoh(m): 6:51am On Feb 27, 2023
cyberkitty:

Yes, it makes sense. Start with learning HTML, CSS& JS. After then you can proceed with Nodejs, express, MongoDB and Amazon web services
Thanks 😊🤗
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by FavouredBiano(m): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2023
cyberkitty:

It depends on your career path. If you want to go into Web development, start with JavaScript and then Nodejs later (a JS framework)...it has more job prospects.

If you want to go into AI or data science, leave Python and then Django.

For all development, learn Kotlin for native app development or ReactNative to build both Android & IOS apps ( here you will need to know JAVASCRIPT).

The last option is to learn dart language for FLUTTER, which will enable you also build Android & iOs app from one code.

Thank you so much.
Please is possible to start coding with just a smartphone?
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by LadyTara(f): 4:20pm On Feb 19
jerryforgood:

All these won't get you a job in programming. You would have to learn CSS frameworks like bootstrap, JavaScript frameworks like node.js, vue.js, react.js and angular.js these are what is needed to build a modern websites or app.
so I followed your advice, learnt html ,css and javascript ,built a couple of projects inclding my protfolio with it.Currently learning react already building a project with react and express js for the backend
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by Unclebayo(m): 8:00am On Feb 20
LadyTara:
so I followed your advice, learnt html ,css and javascript ,built a couple of projects inclding my protfolio with it.Currently learning react already building a project with react and express js for the backend
goodluck ladytara, pls which platform do you use for your learning?
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by LadyTara(f): 12:32pm On Feb 20
Unclebayo:
goodluck ladytara, pls which platform do you use for your learning?
tech4dev,its for women across Africa.
Re: In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? by Nazgul: 10:52am On Feb 23
workchopNG:
In School
QBasic
Fortran77
Assembly Language
Pascal
C++
VB6.0
HTML

After School
HTML5
CSS
PHP
Javascript
vbscript
ASP
CMS
Lol...do they still teach Fortran77 to students in this modern technology age?

Nigerian universities are indeed archaic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Most Used Mysql Database Functions / Is There Any Statement Like C System''pause'' For Python Cos It Dissappears Immediately I run the co / Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.