Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? (406 Views)

Battle Of The Titans: Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy, Or Olamide - Who Is The Biggest / Russians React To Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy Music / Maleek Berry Is The Best Thing To Happen To Nigeria Music Industry After Burna B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by nairamaniac: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
The Nigerian music industry is not a stranger to domination of the music scene for a certain period by one or two of its musicians. The industry has over the years experienced its artistes dominate its scene for a long period of time. Not only does it witness domination by artistes but it specifically comes in a manner whereby there is a “double domination”. Double domination in the sense that two artistes (music rivals) dominate the music Terrain for a long period of time.

This has happened in the past with D’banj & 2Face, now happening with Davido & Wizkid. Hence, our curiosity has led us to try to forsee a likely outcome for a “double domination” in the future but we are certainly not arriving at a settling point. So we have decided to put it out to you guys to help predict the future of Nigerian music.

After 2Face & D’banj we have Wizkid & Davido, moving on from these two pop stars, who do you think will be the next strong duo to dominate Nigerian music from the crop of talented artistes that we currently have?

https://tooxclusive.com/who-will-be-the-next-two-to-dominate-the-music-industry-after-wizkid-davido/

Well as for me:

Burna boy has scattered the duopoly of wizkid and davido for past 2 to 3years.

Wizkid has deliberately lost touch with being a Nigerian artist or an Afrobeat artist in recent years.
Thank God it's deliberate.

As for Davido, he hasn't done much on his own in like 2 to 3 years.

He has featured in far more songs than he has on his own.

David used to be the king of features/remix for like 5 straight years.

But ohh my God, what Burna has done with remix/feature for the past 2years have been amazing.

His remix with Asake: Sungba
With Black Sheriff: Second Sermond remix.
And so others.
Butnaboy has usurped Davido in features/remixes which I never ever envisaged would ever happen.

Also hes keeping it real internationally at almost same level as wizkid.

I'm more of a fan of Davido, but Honestly Burna has been on Top of both artists for like 2 years now.
I personally even feel Kizz Daniel is a better artist than both the Burnaboy and Davido.
Just that Kizz Daniel doesnt want to be in the Convo of "who is King"

Now stepping to the future in congnizance with the Topic at hand.

The Future to me belongs to RUGER and anyother.
I felt so from the very first moment I heard his demos on Instagram.

What he did on ASIWAJU reminded me of What RKelly used to do with his R&B Songs.
Other artist would drop like 4lines in a verse than the rest would be chorus.
No much contents.
All kizz Daniels recent hits had like 4lines per verse before choruses.
But Rugar in Dior and Asiwaju had like 8 to 10 lines.
8 to 10 bruv.......
That's some R KELLY ISHHHH there.

It's going to be RUGER and SOMEONE ELSE in like 1 to 2 years.
Maybe Fireboy.

I actually think it's Going to be Ruger and Fireboy.

Or Ruger and Burnaboy

Or RUGER and REMA.

Or RUGER and KISS DANIELS(if he decides to accept how great he is).

It just gats to be Ruger and anyone else.

If Ruger releases an album with half of the songs being as tight as the last 5singles he realeased, I doubt if Nigeria would have seen such an album since the days of Wande Cole's Mushin to Mohits or Wizkid's Superstar or Davido's A better time.

Make no mistake, these 3 albums are far far better than burnaboy's African Giant and Twice as Tall.
And these were albums that the former got Grammy nomination and the Later won The award.

But sorry, I'm seeing things from purely my Nigerian point of views of AFROBEATS or AFROPOP.

It's just my personal opinion and assessment.

What's yours?

Re: Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by nairamaniac: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
Re: Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by Lamanii22(f): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ruger for me though
Re: Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by nairamaniac: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
Ruger for me though

He is the most distinctive artist that has come out in last 2 to 3 years.

Buju, oxlade and victony may have the most distinctive voices, but making what they call music, it has to be Ruger.

There are better total artists than Ruger like CKay, who can use several instruments in each songs.

Or OMAR LAY who has has shined more than Ruger.
But these 2 artist above hardly drift from their comfort-zones.

Buju is strictly Soul. Cant go Gaga.
He is a better backup singer than a Lead-Artist

It just has to be Ruger and someone else.

I really wish the lady called Fave can get signed to a serious record-company with an inhouse producer&writer.

She would blow worldwide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by Lamanii22(f): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
nairamaniac:

He is the most distinctive artist that has come out in last 2 to 3 years.

Buju, oxlade and victony may have the most distinctive voices, but making what they call music, it has to be Ruger.

There are better total artists than Ruger like CKay, who can use several instruments in each songs.

Or OMAR LAY who has has shined more than Ruger.
But these 2 artist above hardly drift from their comfort-zones.

Buju is strictly Soul. Cant Gaga.

It just has to be Ruger and someone else.

Hmm so true… who can the someone else be??
Re: Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by nairamaniac: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Hmm so true… who can the someone else be??

Kizzdaniel is worth being number1.

Fireboy hardly makes 2 similar hits.

I only see Fireboy or kizzdaniel standing on top the food chain if they get one or two things right.

But Ruger is in same trajectory that wizkid was in his early early years.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Next ‘two’ To Dominate The Music Industry After Wizkid & Davido? by DyshApp: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
Burna boy is already dominating

(1) (Reply)

Take Control- DRB Lasgidi / New Vibes: Fela Kuti Tribute - RED HOT / Have You Guys Listened To This Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.