Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares (401 Views)

Obasanjo Can't Influence His Own Family To Vote For Obi - Gov Masari / Other Presidential Candidates Should Step Down For Peter Obi. Gov Ortom / Peter Obi, Gov Wike, Gov Bala Ganging-up In Alliance To Wrest Power From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by dagreatman50: 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has finally laid to rest weeks of speculations as he openly threw his weight behind the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

Obi, who was supposed to be a guest at a townhall meeting attended by stakeholders across the 276 councils wards of Benue state organized by the Inter-Party Advisory Council (IPAC) in support of Obi-Datti presidential ambition in Makurdi, couldn’t be physically present due to bad weather which prevented him from flying.

But Ortom made a physical appearance at the gathering held at Royal Choice Inn, Makurdi, during which he lauded the qualities of the Labour Party presidential candidate whom he said was among the top three contenders and remained outstanding candidate who will be able to root out insecurity and unite the country.

He said Obi’s candidature came at a time when Nigerians must leave out sentiments and save Nigeria by looking at individuals who can lead with the fear of God and provide gainful employment for the youths.

The governor, therefore, called on Nigerians not to vote along party lines but consider individuals with credentials, character, competence, educational backgrounds capable to deliver and revamp the socio-economic fortunes of the country.

Ortom also said together the people must fashion out a new Nigeria that will give the citizens equity, fairness, and justice, as he stressed need for the people to shun all partisan sentiment because the major political parties today had failed the nation.

He added that Obi surpassed other candidates, including Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) by age, capacity among others.

He said he would do the right thing for the country if voted into power, adding, “we all must give him the support to unite Nigeria and solve insecurity challenges in the country.”

Earlier in the day, the State Commissioner of Information, Culture and Tourism, Mike Inalegwu, intimated journalists that the governor directed all members of his cabinet to attend the town hall meeting and to throw their weight behind Obi during the presidential election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXn1GXNkHUo
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by Pauldollars(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2023

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by bigdammyj: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
My vote is for Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Benue state is on lockdown for Atiku. This is the reality on ground , Ortom’s follwers are voting Atiku massively.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by ifytrik(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
bigdammyj:
My vote is for Tinubu.
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by ifytrik(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
peepydelano:
Benue state is on lockdown for Atiku. This is the reality on ground
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by bender79: 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ortom na man you be meanwhile Wike is still barking all over the place.

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by Pauldollars(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
peepydelano:
Benue state is on lockdown for Atiku. This is the reality on ground

You just open mouth and talk wahhhh...like say you dey live for Benue.
Continue your online rants. Benue people will decide who to vote. No be you go lock Benue for your candidate

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by bender79: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
peepydelano:
Benue state is on lockdown for Atiku. This is the reality on ground , Ortom’s follwers are voting Atiku massively.
since when?
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
bender79:
since when?
If you’ve not been on ground in benue state then you should not be deceived by social media propaganda. Benue people down to Igede, Agatu are all down for Atiku. Obi will only see small votes from Oturkpo. We move round to know things on ground and not basing our facts on social media propaganda. Atiku will clear the whole of north central. Saturday is here already

4 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by sleek214(m): 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
peepydelano:
Let them know. They are living in Fool's paradise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
sleek214:

Let them know. They are living in Fool's paradise
I’ve come to realize that people so much believe on social media propaganda whereas it’s entirely a different ball game in reality
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by PrinceOfLagos: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
So will Benue people
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
Pauldollars:

You just open mouth and talk wahhhh...like say you dey live for Benue.
Continue your online rants. Benue people will decide who to vote. No be you go lock Benue for your candidate
As if you know me. Get lost, I don’t indulge uncouth people
Re: I Will Vote For Peter Obi - Gov Ortom Declares by shuttox: 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
peepydelano:
Just dey play
Always finding excuses

(1) (Reply)

Rivers ADC Adopts Obi As A Preferred Presidential Candidate, Hands Over 5000 Pas / The Way Igbo Biafrans Are Crying E Be Like Nigerians Don Serve Una Breakfast / Buhari Used Emefiele To Stop Tinubu Crew How Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.