Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) (29898 Views)

UNILORIN Commercial Bus Driver Dies While Driving / Bus Driver Uses POS To Collect Transport Fare In Owerri (Pix, Video) / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Obiebanks007(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2023
Nice innovation
One of the good purpose this invention has bring but Nigeria has not gotten to that point cos transaction issue might occur n who wan wait for who

Nigeria is gone be great again.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Softmirror: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2023
computer0810:

Una go just dey post nonsense....who moved on, conductor get time for POS or did u consider d security implications of exposing card anyhw

Una wey them still dey feed, after eating free food in d morning like dis na nonsense remain to dey talk....small scales business are dying already....there's no network from communication companies, most of d banks apps r always disappointing.........some banks won't even send u notification msg and most ppl can't access app while some don't even know how to check their accounts so hw do u transact

THERE HAVE BEEN MORE AND MORE REPORTS OF STOLEN ATM CARDS, PHONES AND WIPED TO ZERO ACCOUNTS.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Hendrixky: 9:29am On Feb 21, 2023
Obiebanks007:
Nice innovation
One of the good purpose this invention has bring but Nigeria has not gotten to that point cos transaction issue might occur n who wan wait for who

Nigeria is gone be great again.

With time this whole transaction issue will be fixed

Banks will upgrade

We individuals will become smart
Network will fasten their seat belts and be up and doing

I use stanbic bank

And I must tell you stanbic bank did not fail me that much during this period

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by CommonSense1967: 9:29am On Feb 21, 2023
Themandator:

Copy and paste no let you edit ba.. Election na this week and tinubu is coming fourth

Copy and paste your shallow empty skull.
Tinubu coming 4th? Sometimes I wonder if you guys enjoy lying to yourself or if you really believe the trash that you post online.
One thing is to dislike someone another thing is to accept that yes I dislike that person but he's brilliant.
Tinubu will flog the shit out of you IPOB Biafuro Zombidients and your leader.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by DesChyko: 9:29am On Feb 21, 2023
computer0810:

Una go just dey post nonsense....who moved on, conductor get time for POS or did u consider d security implications of exposing card anyhw

No dey talk like mumu. Pickpockets no dey? Money no dey loss? Dem no dey rob people? You dey talk security implications ontop security layers like 16-digit random code, Expiry year verification, CVVCode and even OTP code. But you're cool with parading cash wey you no even know the batch number if e loss.

Your phone NFC which you paid for when purchasing the phone. Do you know the use of NFC? But you ignorantly paid for a phone that has that feature. Make Una dey do like bush men with backward talks.

That's how one idiot was posting on social media (which is a product of technological advancement) to speak against AI implementation. Do these people think at all? Your phone detects and corrects your grammatical errors when posting via AI but you're speaking against it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by pannyman(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2023
Good. The next thing is to make the terminal as slim as a smartphone. It is currently too bulky.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2023
CommonSense1967:
I'm yet to see , visit or hear of any country where people don't have access to cash if they want it.
In all the countries that I have been to including the US, UK, most of Europe Asia and Middle east, there not once single country where they make you go cashless by force. NONE.
There are ATMs on every corner in the US and all countries that I know. You can get cash anytime you want as long as you have the funds in your account.
This is an asinine policy supported by Obi and his mumu crew only because they told them that it will stop Tinubu.
Well, when Tinubu wins next weekend, I wonder what they will blame it on.
Your name isn't befitting.
Change it!
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Cantonese: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2023
BATified2023:
what will happen in situation where your card gets debited n it was declined?

What will happen if your card get compromised?

Always thinking and talking negatively.

What will happen if you do not have cash to pay and you must get to your location. Will you think negatively and rather trek 12 kilometers to your location?

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by DesChyko: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2023
pannyman:
Good. The next thing is to make the terminal as slim as a smartphone. It is currently too bulky.

It's that receipt thing. Maybe linking the e-receipts to the email attached to the sender so it doesn't have to print. That will eliminate the need for the print spool.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Obiebanks007(m): 9:35am On Feb 21, 2023
[quote author=Hendrixky post=121093682]

Banks will upgrade

I use stanbic bank

And I must tell you stanbic bank did not fail me that much during this period [/quote

Very true , with time it will work well that's why there need to be a starting point and I believe the time is now.

Please Sir, tell me more about stanbic grin
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by CommonSense1967: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Your name isn't befitting.
Change it!
Your name is perfect, pls keep it.
Mr Potato head.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by DesChyko: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:

Banks will upgrade

I use stanbic bank

And I must tell you stanbic bank did not fail me that much during this period

I tell you! STANBIC Bank is boss. I was just telling a colleague about how seamless they are. They even notify you when there is a delay in transaction and their reversal is immediate 99% of the time.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by CodeTemplar: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Ticketing system will solve this issue and can even give huge advantage over those who do not subscribe to the ticketing arrangement.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Hendrixky: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2023
DesChyko:

I tell you! STANBIC Bank is boss. I was just telling a colleague about how seamless they are. They even notify you when there is a delay in transaction and their reversal is immediate 99% of the time.

Yeah

Their security is top notch
Verification of your house address is paramount when opening bank account with them

You can't screenshot thier app

Their transaction are smooth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Mercury12(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2023
BATified2023:
what will happen in situation where your card gets debited n it was declined?

What will happen if your card get compromised?

Brace up.
The beast control system is here
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Minjim: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2023
Emefiele is a lying bastard that should be arrest asap!

How can you be putting a country with 200million people in this hardship.

First, he claimed it currency swap. But when we deposit our money , we didn't get the equivalent.

Second he said it's naira redesign. Do those note look like they've been redesigned? He only changed their colours.

Since Buhari is senile and doesn't take advice, he knew he may get away with it
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Ewizy: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2023
Way to go.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Truth234(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2023
CommonSense1967:
I'm yet to see , visit or hear of any country where people don't have access to cash if they want it.
In all the countries that I have been to including the US, UK, most of Europe Asia and Middle east, there not once single country where they make you go cashless by force. NONE.
There are ATMs on every corner in the US and all countries that I know. You can get cash anytime you want as long as you have the funds in your account.
This is an asinine policy supported by Obi and his mumu crew only because they told them that it will stop Tinubu.

A lot of us too travel wide as well. There is always a cap on what is obtainable in each of those economies. Also, what you are using as an example is the final result.

Nigeria is in the early stage of cashless policy and has a unique problem.

N2.7 trillion out of the N3.4 trillion M3 supply is outside the banking system. All those needs to enter the banking system to reduce unaccountable transactions and improve transparency. Era of Ghana must go transactions is over. Let's all transactions goes through the bank.

We are not perfect but we are getting there.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Owaincouncil: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2023
How many bus have POS. So because one of them have it everybody should go to him.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by EgunMogaji2: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2023
Well done President Buhari. Very proud of your accomplishment Sir. Please don’t extend the deadline again. You’re ruling over a stubborn populace that needs a fair but firm hand.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by miniziter(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2023
Time for my moniepoint company to make more sales
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by JERRY1925(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2023
CommonSense1967:
In all the countries that I have been to including the US, UK, most of Europe, Asia and Middle east, there is not once single country where they make you go cashless by force. NONE.

Well have u ever wondered how they all started?

You can't find a country because, most country you've visited do of cashless.

Fact is, u hardly see them flaunting cash around like we do here.

When we get comfortable doing cashless. There will be money in the ATMs begging to be withdrawn.

We have to experience this,just to reset our brain.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by sofiscatedmoron: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2023
CommonSense1967:
In all the countries that I have been to including the US, UK, most of Europe, Asia and Middle east, there is not once single country where they make you go cashless by force. NONE.
Nobody said u should not have access to cash,, it's just temporal,,
After election ,u will see money flowing again
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Omoapena(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2023
Way to go, even with this development, driver will have peace of mind that conductor isn't stealing from him and they will be able to account for their earnings at the end of the day...
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Omotosho1090905(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2023
No one is against this but must you confiscate the existing cash just to make it work, definitely NO
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by OkodiDenzel: 9:59am On Feb 21, 2023
pannyman:

More of such innovations will naturally come out to solve empirical problems of the use of POS.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by CommonSense1967: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2023
sofiscatedmoron:

Nobody said u should not have access to cash,, it's just temporal,,
After election ,u will see money flowing again
So you are comfortable making people suffer just because you want to target one politician?
Do you how many businesses will not survive this policy?
If Emefiele himself is running, will he initiate such policy?
You actually believe that politicians will not be able to buy votes because of this policy - this is only going to make it cheaper to buy votes. Instead of 5k, some will now take 2k self to sell their votes.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by Offpoint1: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2023
CommonSense1967:
Obi is now APC supporter or in APC government right? grin grin

Your monicker na disgrace to your person.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by FuckDModz: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2023
grin

Them don dey get sense.
Re: Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) by CommonSense1967: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2023
Offpoint1:

Obi is now APC supporter or in APC government right? grin grin

Your monicker na disgrace to your person.
Dumbest idiotic fool. You have not heard that Obi supports the policy? Or the only thing you can think of is party party. Get some sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

India's New High Speed Train Breaks Down After Hitting Cow / Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning / My Visit To Argo Legendary Ship Of Myth In Volos, Greece (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.