Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,659 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? (1851 Views)

Pastor Turns His Members Into Sheeps & Goats Inside Church (video) / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2011
An evil is in the professed camp of the Lord, so gross in its impudence, that the most short-sighted can hardly fail to notice it. During the past few years it has developed at an abnormal rate, even for evil. It has worked like leaven until the whole lump ferments. The devil has seldom done a cleverer thing than hinting to the Church that part of their mission is to provide entertainment for the people, with a view to winning them. From speaking out as the Puritans did, the Church has gradually toned down her testimony, then winked at and excused the frivolities of the day. Then she tolerated them in her borders. Now she has adopted them under the plea of reaching the masses.

My first contention is that providing amusement for the people is nowhere spoken of in the Scriptures as a function of the Church. If it is a Christian work why did not Christ speak of it? "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." That is clear enough. So it would have been if he had added, "and provide amusement for those who do not relish the gospel." No such words, however, are to be found. It did not seem to occur to him . . . .

Again, providing amusement is in direct antagonism to the teaching and life of Christ and all his apostles. What was the attitude of the Church to the world? "Ye are the salt," not the sugar candy -- something the world will spit out, not swallow . . . . I do not hear [Jesus] say, "Run after these people, Peter, and tell them we will have a different style of service tomorrow, something short and attractive with little preaching. We will have a pleasant evening for the people. Tell them they will be sure to enjoy it.
Be quick, Peter, we must get the people somehow!" Jesus pitied sinners, sighed and wept over them, but never sought to amuse them. In vain will the Epistles be searched to find any trace of the gospel of amusement . . . .

Lastly, the mission of amusement fails to effect the end desired. It works havoc among young converts. Let the careless and scoffers, who thank God because the Church met them half-way, speak and testify. Let the heavy laden who found peace through the concert not keep silent! Let the drunkard to whom the dramatic entertainment had been God's link in the chain of their conversion, stand up! There are none to answer. The mission of amusement produces no converts. The need of the hour for today's ministry is believing scholarship joined with earnest spirituality, the one springing from the other as fruit from the root. The need is biblical doctrine, so understood and felt, that it sets men on fire.

By CH Spurgeon
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by juniper19: 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2011
truth must be told. churches have turned into entertainment halls, no more salvation, no more G-D preaching. church shd neva be a place to please people, shd be a place where ppl go to meet the MASTER.
People now get pats on their back after sinning. no more correction or reproof. id rather preach truth to 30 people and lead them to heaven than entertain a thousand and send them to hell.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by plappville(f): 11:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
The church has to wake up, today 's church worship partarn is even less spiritual. Entertainment is is over important.
Matters are handled with fear of not loosing members, this is evening denying The truth.
The correction thing is the worse in the church, u try it u will be hated for.
Neglect of some teaches of Jesus. God will rise against the Church, thank God his judgement will start in there.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 06, 2011
titillating the ears of rebellious goats.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by Sweetnecta: 1:27am On Oct 06, 2011
[Quote]« #2 on: Yesterday at 11:49:12 PM »
The church has to wake up, today 's church worship partarn is even less spiritual. Entertainment is is over important.
Matters are handled with fear of not loosing members, this is evening denying The truth.
The correction thing is the worse in the church, u try it u will be hated for.
Neglect of some teaches of Jesus. God will rise against the Church, thank God his judgement will start in there.
[/Quote]when you don't love Jesus, you disobey him by ignoring is advise. did you reach that you should not abolish the laws and the prophets and be ready to embrace what the another comforter delivers to you of the Word of God which he hears and speaks to you, the reminder of the truth about Jesus, the correction he makes so that falsehood can be known and be rejected, the leading to all truth of all things known and unknown, seen and unseen and glorifying Jesus by restoring him to proper place of honor?
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by plappville(f): 9:26am On Oct 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

when you don't love Jesus, you disobey him by ignoring is advise. did you reach that you should not abolish the laws and the prophets and be ready to embrace what the another comforter delivers to you of the Word of God which he hears and speaks to you, the reminder of the truth about Jesus, the correction he makes so that falsehood can be known and be rejected, the leading to all truth of all things known and unknown, seen and unseen and glorifying Jesus by restoring him to proper place of honor?

I didn't love JESUS by not accepting MOHA's false teaching? a terror, did Jesus said the conforter will come and terrorist? a doctrim of proper women abuse, rapist, bombing, death sentence etc!!!
Jesus was so merciful, he told us about a conforter and tha's the holy spirit not Moha that did contrary of this prophecy. what truth about JESUS? that he couldnt save himself on the cross, or he was not willing to die that was why he cried OH LORD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME islam has thses words to remind me of of the truth about Jesusas.
Plz spare me with MOHA! i am not a blind person.
I worship the only God in heaven the father of our lord JESUS CHRIST. Not allah of Moha.

u ve no understanding of what the church is all about.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by Sweetnecta: 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
[Quote]« #5 on: Today at 09:26:01 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 01:27:04 AM
when you don't love Jesus, you disobey him by ignoring is advise. did you reach that you should not abolish the laws and the prophets and be ready to embrace what the another comforter delivers to you of the Word of God which he hears and speaks to you, the reminder of the truth about Jesus, the correction he makes so that falsehood can be known and be rejected, the leading to all truth of all things known and unknown, seen and unseen and glorifying Jesus by restoring him to proper place of honor?

I didn't love JESUS by not accepting MOHA's false teaching? a terror, did Jesus said the conforter will come and terrorist? a doctrim of proper women abuse, despoiler, bombing, death sentence etc!!!
Jesus was so merciful, he told us about a conforter and tha's the holy spirit not Moha that did contrary of this prophecy. what truth about JESUS? that he couldnt save himself on the cross, or he was not willing to die that was why he cried OH LORD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME islam has thses words to remind me of of the truth about Jesusas.
Plz spare me with MOHA! i am not a blind person.
I worship the only God in heaven the father of our lord JESUS CHRIST. Not allah of Moha.

u ve no understanding of what the church is all about.
[/Quote]sometimes i am amazes at the response of the christians. what do you love about Jesus when your men are not circumcised, when you women are na.ked except that you have the clothes painted on, don't follow the dietary law and worst of all say that the soul of Jesus is cursed for your sake? Do you think Jesus will be happy to know what you have made of him and is instructions? First he was not sent to you, a nigerian. Those he was sent to he found them to be disbeliever so much that he called them adulterous generation. Those few who followed him, they frustrated him so much that he called them people of little faith. From them we got a betrayer, a denier and definitely a satan arehouse [Peter]. jesus didn't forget to predict that he will tell you who perform miracles in his name to get away from him, because he never knew yee [never sent yah]. either way, Jesus is talking to you. remember that the nigerian church brother in strasburg france who said "i use this to hold body, until marriage' is not a muslim.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by Sweetnecta: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2011
and thank Allah, for my lack of understanding of what the church is all about.

i do know that Jesus never entered a church or instruct about any.

how Jews get baptized is still a head scratcher.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by plappville(f): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

sometimes i am amazes at the response of the christians. what do you love about Jesus when your men are not circumcised, when you women are na.ked except that you have the clothes painted on, don't follow the dietary law and worst of all say that the soul of Jesus is cursed for your sake? Do you think Jesus will be happy to know what you have made of him and is instructions? First he was not sent to you, a nigerian. Those he was sent to he found them to be disbeliever so much that he called them adulterous generation. Those few who followed him, they frustrated him so much that he called them people of little faith. From them we got a betrayer, a denier and definitely a satan arehouse [Peter]. jesus didn't forget to predict that he will tell you who perform miracles in his name to get away from him, because he never knew yee [never sent yah]. either way, Jesus is talking to you. remember that the nigerian church brother in strasburg france who said "i use this to hold body, until marriage' is not a muslim.

U are out of fact, who told u Christian men are not circumcised? or are u refaring to the EU men? and if yes what has that got to do with the Christian world? I have 3 male kids the two are circumcised and the infant one will at the required age.

The strasbourg boy is a mere human like Moha, he sinned and with God he is restored today and forgiven of his sins. MOHA sinned uncountable times and prayed for forgiveness like this boy, yet he is ur prophet that u honour despites his evil deeds.

I ve no time to discuss with u, u are going out of point. Am not here to discuss my family with u gud day.
I love JESUS, u cant prove me wrong of his love.
Re: Feeding Sheep Or Amusing Goats? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2011
Can we call this feeding the sheep or amusing the goats?

(1) (Reply)

Islam Vs Christianity: A Shocking Story / Who Invented The Scientific Method? / What Is The Original Hebrew Name For Jesus? And Is Jesus Pagan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.